• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

relatively recent pics

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hereford76

Reaction score
2:30 am vandalism of old lothair elevator.

lothair3_zps6322ceef.jpg

lothair2_zpsb315a49e.jpg

lothair1_zps2eac7724.jpg

lothair_zps9d68e3d7.jpg

cows pics from this later summer early fall. no trees is home place on baker massacre pasture. mtn place is retired old bull customer place that decided they wanted to lease it and still have herefords graze it! deep down i always wondered if this bull deal would have benefits.

Aug2014m_zps0e161f56.jpg

first timer pair

Aug2014l_zps17e53f1b.jpg

next year buddy!

Aug2014o_zpsa1ce14b5.jpg

next year buddy!

Aug2014j_zps45982cd1.jpg

next year buddy!

Aug2014i_zps06f12bea.jpg

Aug2014h_zps8eda7ac8.jpg

Aug2014e_zps5086b56d.jpg

not another pair bred alike anywhere.

Aug2014b_zpsd8e2a6ef.jpg

amazing to me how much better cattle do in the mtns. cooler, wetter, no bugs, shade.... easy street for sure. plan to run all commercial cows with feeder calves up there from now on and keep the registered cows on torture test at home

1133_zps095ff1a9.jpg

multi state breeder. he was exposed to 127 hereford cows with one other bull bred almost same as him. hard to beat a HH when it comes to peace of mind imo.

Aug2014r_zps192c2d23.jpg

Nice pictures!
Are the mountain pictures down by Lincoln? You said Alice Creek in a different post. D said J. Streit used to rent pasture down there.

DB Cooper said:
Hereford76:
Was this elevator in operation or was it derelict?

derelict. the morn after it burned i asked my old man when it was last used. he said he thought it was good possibility he was last to dump in it maybe around 1970.

I Luv Herfrds said:
Nice pictures!
Are the mountain pictures down by Lincoln? You said Alice Creek in a different post. D said J. Streit used to rent pasture down there.

when i was 13 yrs old i worked one of two summers for J-T. same pasture he rented a couple yrs when the ranch had sold cows and decided to take in summer cattle. i did all the fencing on it then and my boys got to help me this spring - funner than hell to fence in mtns. scary to be out in the middle of no where and step on fresh bear ****. my family connection to the place was bulls sold to original land owner starting mid 40's to Ed Fickler and bulls i sold them throughout the 90's. they bought one of the better bulls i raised in 90's... the wife called him tom sellick.

D has a picture of his old blue and white truck parked next to the cabin down there. Will have to let him know you are renting it. He still tells stories about being down there with J-T.

Latest posts