• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Remember Feeling Patriotic?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
Back after Bush ordered the invasion of Iraq there was a movement across the USA that I'll never forget. Everyone was wearing flag pins, watching video of the statue of Hussein coming down, and many many other signs of American pride.

Why do we not have that same feeling now as Libya goes down, Egypt falls, talk of removing Assad from Syria?

Where are cries against "Nation Building"?

I think everyone is waiting to see how it turns out first.. in the best case.. they end up with a fractured government and worst we end up with half a dozen little Irans..

if we learned anything in Iraq, it should have been to not get involved in the middle east squabbles.. just bomb them back a decade or two..

the bombing part I supported in Libya, until some idiot decided to ship the rebels more arms.. ???

I hope Gaddafy gets hung.. or a long stay at gitmo.. anything less is to good for the slimeball..

Steve said:
I hope Gaddafy gets hung.. or a long stay at gitmo.. anything less is to good for the slimeball..
I thought Gitmo was closed? Didn't they close that a long time ago? I could swear that I remember hearing the President promise on his first day in office that it would be closed within a year. So, after two-and-a-half years, it must surely be closed?

Texan said:
Steve said:
I thought Gitmo was closed? Didn't they close that a long time ago? I could swear that I remember hearing the President promise on his first day in office that it would be closed within a year. So, after two-and-a-half years, it must surely be closed?

It has to be closed, after all obama doesn't lie. Besides the leftwinger nuts were bitchin daily when Bush was in office and they quit their whining so it has to be closed.

Texan said:
Steve said:

All of our forces are out of Iraq too!!! :lol: Except about 50,000. :wink:

Latest posts