• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Replacement Heifers

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Since there seems to be such a market on replacement heifers and I have gotten several inquiries- I thought I would let folks know of an upcoming sale at the Glasgow Stockyards on Feb 9th 2012...

Wittkopp Angus Auction & Monthly Stock Cow and Bred Heifer Auction & All Class Cattle Auction
Already Listed:
60 Angus Replacement Heifers (50 Registered) And
20 Short Term Registered Angus Cows. (Several Are Pathfinders)

Wittkopp Angus has their bull sale and will be selling some heifers and cows..Besides those (and I understand there may be several more listed in the next couple of weeks) my lifelong friend from D&L Angus- Don Jones will have about 80 bangs vaccinated commercial heifers- daughters of home raised sons of New Standard, In Focus, and Image Maker...Don sells lots of bulls locally and he has bought clean up bulls from me over the last few years to bring in some more outbreeding genetics and has an angus herd that goes back 60-70+ years (old Gale Billingsley herd) ....
Lots of years of culling- and this is a proven herd that will be in the 5-6 frame area...

If anyone has any questions PM me or give me a call....

Went to the bull sale today...Huge Crowd- not even standing room... Bulls averaged $4335...Top bull- #17075963 brought $7500... He was nice looking all trimmed up and shiney- and definitely going to be a big frame bull...
And hopefully (imho) those that bought him mean to use him as a terminal bull...While I don't put lots of faith in EPD's, he is about the opposite of what I look for in EPD's with a - CED, a +4.2 BW, + 58 WW, + 108 YW, a +38 milk and - $38 $EN--- but had a 760 lb actual WW (733 AWW)....

D & L's heifers weighed 650 and topped the sale (75 all like peas in a pod)- selling for $1235- all selling to a young fellow over by Big Sandy... Several lots of 700+ weight registered heifers that sold as commercials ($150 extra if you wanted papers) in a dispersion brought around $1050....

Saw some 15 year old solid mouth :shock: bred cows another friend sold sell for $1250... His broken mouth (younger) bred cows (that had been ran in different/tougher range conditions) still sold for $1150....

Did also get a chance to have a little conversation with Gary Funk (Funk Angus) - and as he said- I need to take off again some day and go thru and look at his cow herd of cow maker cattle- which I hopefully can do soon....

Might have to air up the tires in the old Olds 98- and do some travelling- bull sale time has started... :wink:

The top seller being out of Sydgen C C & 7 explains the EPD's. I was going to come up to the sale to look at a couple of the sons of Connealy Lead On but I had a conflict. I'm done buying bulls for this year unless I have one that doesn't test OK.

Cedarcreek said:
The top seller being out of Sydgen C C & 7 explains the EPD's. I was going to come up to the sale to look at a couple of the sons of Connealy Lead On but I had a conflict. I'm done buying bulls for this year unless I have one that doesn't test OK.

Ya Wittkopps bulls looked nice... Butch Nagle bought that top selling bull...All weighed about 950-1000 and not overly fat..The Lead On sons looked good...But 1/2 hour before the sale started- there wasn't any seating room left...Folks standing in the doorways were bidding...
Lots of McCone, Garfield, and Roosevelt County folks there...Got a chance to visit with lots I only see during bull sale season....

Oldtimer said:
Cedarcreek said:

Ya Wittkopps bulls looked nice... Butch Nagle bought that top selling bull...All weighed about 950-1000 and not overly fat..The Lead On sons looked good...But 1/2 hour before the sale started- there wasn't any seating room left...Folks standing in the doorways were bidding...
Lots of McCone, Garfield, and Roosevelt County folks there...Got a chance to visit with lots I only see during bull sale season....

Next time I see Butch I'm going to ask him about the bull.
I like the Woodhill Foresight son I got from Wittkopp's

Latest posts