• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Repub Candidate Plays Race Card!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Cain calls name of Perry hunting camp 'very insensitive'

(CNN) - Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain called the name of a hunting camp used by rival candidate Rick Perry "very insensitive."

The Washington Post reported Sunday that the word "N*****head" was painted across a rock at the gated entrance of the property, which was leased and frequented by the Texas governor.

after reading the accounts, I wonder why it was brought up in the first place..

but on a scale of things.. it is nowhere near as bad as Obama's fake insensitivity..

The term was once widely used for all sorts of things, including products such as soap and chewing tobacco, but most often for geographic features such as hills and rocks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niggerhead

In the U.S., more than hundred "Niggerheads" and other place names now considered racially offensive were changed in 1962 by the U.S. Board on Geographic Names, but many local names remained unchanged.[1]

once again oldtimer does not post the wholw story in an attempt too sway opinion

A hunting camp Perry's family once leased!!!!
Perry's campaign countered that Perry's father painted over the rock to cover the name, N-----head, soon after he began leasing the site in the early 1980s. While the Texas governor later joined the lease, neither he nor his family ever controlled, owned or managed the property, the campaign said in a statement.
PAINTED over
"My mother and father went to the lease and painted the rock in either 1983 or 1984," Perry told the newspaper in a written response to questions. "This occurred after I paid a visit to the property with a friend and saw the rock with the offensive word. After my visit I called my folks and mentioned it to them, and they painted it over during their next visit."

I too wonder what the big deal is!!
To me Cain may have just lost my support !!!!

Hopalong said:
I too wonder what the big deal is!!
To me Cain may have just lost my support !!!!

I think Cain pulling the race card was a bad move...

if he wanted the old story out, just have had someone e-mail it to the press.. to bring it up in the manner he did, was in my opinion "Pulling the race card"

when he said Blacks were brainwashed, I had hoped he would really move to put the race issues behind US..

hypocritexposer said:
Wasn't Perry a Democrat at the time?

Yes, which means he can't be trusted to stay with his party.

He'll run which ever way will benefit him the most.

Isn't this called a flip flopper

jingo2 said:
hypocritexposer said:

YAWN kolo=jing=lulu=allie, ever figure out which Starbucks you were at

jingo2 said:
hypocritexposer said:

or an opportunist

hypocritexposer said:
while he has the experience obama doesn't, and he shows conservative traits, IMO, he's an opportunist.

http://ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=535016#535016

hypocritexposer said:
jingo2 said:
hypocritexposer said:

or an opportunist

hypocritexposer said:
while he has the experience obama doesn't, and he shows conservative traits, IMO, he's an opportunist.

Why would you want an opportunist ( self) for President? But then of course, why would you, a self proclaimed foreigner, worry about this at all?

jingo2 said:
hypocritexposer said:
jingo2 said:

or an opportunist

hypocritexposer said:

Why would you want an opportunist ( self) for President? But then of course, why would you, a self proclaimed foreigner, worry about this at all?

I dunno, most good neighbors keep an eye on what's going on
next door. But only a good neighbor would know that.

jingo2 said:
hypocritexposer said:

Do you mean a flip flopper like obama. Naw no one is that bad.
Just don't worry your little bone diggin fingers. Every one of the rep candidate has a thing or two I don't like but if we look at the whole picture. It is nothing compared to obamas endless faults.

jingo2 said:
hypocritexposer said:
jingo2 said:

or an opportunist

hypocritexposer said:

When have I ever said he would make a good President? He'd be better than what you have at present, but not who I would choose.

hypocritexposer said:

:lol: ,.. funny how that wasn't pointed out?

as a democrat, the racist rock existed,.. but was painted over when he matured and his conservative values overcame his liberal tolerant tendencies .. :shock: :lol:

Latest posts