• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Republican debate

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Steve

Reaction score
I watched most of the debate last night..

and I have a question

why is Hunstman running as a republican?

by the position he took on most questions I would say he is either center right or center left..

I read his Wiki page and it listed some good credentials.. yet I didn't get that feeling from him during the debate..

and should Pawlanti drop out now or wait until his whole political career is in shambles.. I felt he lowered himself to get seen and heard.. not something I value in a President..

I felt Newt came across as angry.. or like he was trying to get a "Reagan" debate moment..

and I really dislike the format of the debate.. many of the questions seemed more proper for an interview setting.. then a debate..

I liked it.. Newt is interesting.. For president?? vote is out on that one... Romney, I don't care for my creep meter goes off.Pawlenty NO!... Ron Paul, votes out on.. Bachman vote is out on.HUntsman NO. Cain, I like him , he might be a little radical on muslims.. The rest are inmaterial..

I watched too and I felt the same as you on those three candidates. Huntsman looked totally out of place, Newt was looking for a fight with the media over the reporting they were doing about his campaign problems and Pawlenty was out to take Bachmann out. How could he say her actions in Congress and her lack of ability to stop Obamacare was killing anyone? She is not the only voting member of the House FGS. :roll: She was standing strong speaking out and voting no like she promised she would, to bad Pawlenty forgot the Dems had a SUPER MAJORITY and nothing a Republican could do was going to stop them from passing OBAMACARE. If you ask me she was right he looked a little like Obama Unpresidentual and childish blaming her for something she had no control over. So yes he should step out after that scene. :roll: It will be interesting to see the results of the straw poll. I don't see him being in the top three like he hopes to be. It will be a surprise if he is.

And I will add Ron Paul scared me. His argument that IRAN is not a threat and if left alone and is allowed to get NUKES they would not hurt anyone with them is WAY TOO MUCH OF A RISK for a US Presidentual candidate to be spewing, knowing their past history of violence. :shock: And that was just one of the things he said that got me wondering about him. Beside if voters wouldn't vote for McCain in 2008 because they thought he was to old and had one foot in the grave, will they vote for someone that is even older and looks like he should be sitting on the front porch in a rocker telling stories of his childhood to his grandchildren and great grandchildren. The guy came across bad to me.

Not sure about Santorium but am willing to look harder at him.

What I would like to have seen was Perry and Palin if she is getting in there to debate Romney.

Even though Romney is the front runner I hope he doesn't get the nomination first because he has Romney care he has to defend. How can you go after Obamacare when Obama is claiming the Dems used your own bill as the blueprint to create the hated Obamacare Bill. Second he seems to be coming across as another elitest that comes out when it suits him. But I have to admit I did like the way he handled the Liberal hecklers at his Iowa event yesterday and I like his ad against Obama's Kill Romney Plans. It shows Obama in .the Hypocrite light he deserves to be framed in. :wink:

either center right or center left..

What's wrong with someone being in the center? Seems we got ENOUGH loonies out on the edges of both sides.

I would appreciate someone, anyone who is in the center. Lends one to think that a person in the center can see both sides of an issue and deal with both.

jingo2 said:

What's wrong with someone being in the center? Seems we got ENOUGH loonies out on the edges of both sides.

I would appreciate someone, anyone who is in the center. Lends one to think that a person in the center can see both sides of an issue and deal with both.

Extreme left or right yes, but none of these candidates are extreme either way. There is no one extreme right as much as obama is extreme left. Most people in the middle leave me with the impression they are just waiting to see which side of the fence looks greeener so they know which way to jump.

I'm watching "THE FIVE" on FOX the show that replaced Glenn Beck I really enjoy it. They were discussing the debate. They were talking about Paul Ryan maybe getting into the race. Juan Williams made a comment about how in-experienced Ryan is and he should just stay out. I loved Greg Gutfelds reaction. He said "Like Obama" :lol: :clap: :lol: Everytime a dem comments about how inexperienced a Republican candidate is in any future election they should have to eat their words with a large helpping of "LIKE OBAMA" :wink:

Tam said:
I'm watching "THE FIVE" on FOX the show that replaced Glenn Beck I really enjoy it. They were discussing the debate. They were talking about Paul Ryan maybe getting into the race. Juan Williams made a comment about how in-experienced Ryan is and he should just stay out. I loved Greg Gutfelds reaction. He said "Like Obama" :lol: :clap: :lol: Everytime a dem comments about how inexperienced a Republican candidate is in any future election they should have to eat their words with a large helpping of "LIKE OBAMA" :wink:

I like that show too..

jingo2 said:

If Huntsman was running as a democrat I wouldn't be so concerned...
nothing wrong with working towards the center..

in the debate Huntsman looked out of place as most of his stated positions were in the far left column.. it appears by the research I did after the debate that he is a fiscal conservative, and that is about it..

if you going to play to the center left, starting in Iowa is a bad strategy..

better to enter as the momentum heads to the north east.. or just skip the whole thing like Giuliani did.. and then drop out..

Latest posts