• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Republican Presidential Race

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Who Will be Rep Presidential Candidate in 08

• Condie Rice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • John McCain

• Rudy Giuliani

• Someone else

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Rainy day question--Who do you believe will end up being the Rep. Presidential Candidate in 08.

I think right now the frontrunner is McCain-- I personally hope so, because I think he is maybe the only Republican that can beat Hillary- or probably whoever the Dems stick up--He will bring enough moderate and independent voters with him to take on about anyone.....

Guiliani has one strike against him in the west- he's a New York lawyer..

Condie Rice may be good, but shes too tied to the Bush Machine and the continuing problems- and sinking popularity, to win- unless the current administration pulls out a huge bunch of last minute miracles....

And besides those I can't think of any "winnable" possibility for a candidate... Can you?

Oldtimer - I have to disagree with you. I think McCain has ridden the fence on too many issues to be a viable candidate in the Republican primaries. Yeah, he may be able to beat Hillary in the general election, but he's ticked off too many of the conservative core of the Republican party. Rudy could also beat Hillary, but he is also too wishy-washy on core moral issues to appeal to mainstream Republicans, which leaves us with Condi, a very articulate and intelligent black woman with solid conservative values. I'm hoping she gets a chance to match up with Hillary where Condi's class and intellect would give us all a clear-cut choice.

Oldtimer said:
And besides those I can't think of any "winnable" possibility for a candidate... Can you?

Somebody will find his way out of the woodwork and will probably be a big name in 2008. I don't think Hillary could ever win, but if she did, I'd seriously consider running off to the woods and joining a militia. :shock:

I'd seriously consider running off to the woods and joining a militia.

But not the US military, of course. We know think too much of your own skin to do something like that.

Oldtimer said:
I think right now the frontrunner is McCain-- I personally hope so, because I think he is maybe the only Republican that can beat Hillary- or probably whoever the Dems stick up--He will bring enough moderate and independent voters with him to take on about anyone.....

Guiliani has one strike against him in the west- he's a New York lawyer..

Condie Rice may be good, but shes too tied to the Bush Machine and the continuing problems- and sinking popularity, to win- unless the current administration pulls out a huge bunch of last minute miracles....

I think it will be a governor. There hasn't been a successful candidate from the Senate since JFK. See LB's post for why I don't think McCain will be a viable candidate. Though polls show McCain and Guiliani are the most "electable" nationally known Republicans, they're both pro-choice and I think Guillani may even be supportive of gun control. Those things are the kiss of death for a Republican candidate to people like LB. Either one of them might be elected if they can get nominated.

Disagreeable said:
I'd seriously consider running off to the woods and joining a militia.

But not the US military, of course. We know think too much of your own skin to do something like that.

Wow, you really do have a one-track mind. Ever heard of hyperbole?

You must drive the people around you crazy. Do you do anything besides complain about the war and Republicans?

LB- Raining again today :D You might be right about McCain having a tough time getting the nomination- but if he does I don't think he is beatable, being a moderate conservative......

I have to agree with you that Condi Rice is probably the smartest, best educated, most experienced potential candidate to come along in years, maybe ever-- but as we know, the best candidates many times don't win...She has a lot of things going against her for a successfull run as a conservative Republican- she is a women, she is black and she is single- which all go against the historical odds of being nominated or elected- and I'm not sure if some of the old line conservatives are ready for a woman candidate, let alone a single, black woman...But her biggest drawback is that she has never ran for elected office before- does not have her own campaign experience or following to build upon, even if she could get help from the Bush Machine- which appears to becoming more split each day......

I look for at least one or more of the candidates (possibly McCain) to court her as a V.P. running mate- which could satisfy some of the globalist and right wing conservatives, while making a strong team for any Liberal to defeat....She would still be setting big precedent as the first woman, first black V.P.- and she's still young enough for a future run on her own.....

mp.freelance- I hope you're right that Hillary could never win-But remember this is politics- I've saw a lot of things happen that I thought could never happen....

Disagreeable- Have you heard any Governors mentioned? Arnolds so deep in doo doo that there is talk he may not even run for Calif reelection... I have heard that Colorado Gov. Bill Owens might run......

Arnold has said he'll run again for Governor of CA. Must be a glutton for punisment. I think the governor of NY isn't running for re-election so he can prepare for a presidential run, George Pataki.

I was speaking more for Dem candidates when I said I think it'll be a governor. I'd sure like to see Bill Frist nominated by the Republicans! :D Or maybe Tom Delay.

Delay

The truth of Delay is coming out seems the foreman of the Texas grand jury that returned that first indictment on Tom Delay. The foreman's name is William Gibson. He is in his mid-70s. Yesterday morning he told the Austin affiliate KLBJ that he had made up his mind to indict Tom Delay long before he heard one piece of evidence presented by prosecutor Ronnie Earle. And why was he determined to indict Tom Delay? Because, it seems, he didn't like some campaign advertisements that Delay ran in the newspapers during his last reelection campaign. Here's what Gibson told
KLBJ:

All this came out way before I was on the grand jury, these (ads)
were in your paper, in Austin paper, everyone else's paper, they was
flooding the market around here. But those were way before i ever
went on the grand jury and my decision was based upon those, not
what might have happened in the grand jury room.
So .. here you have the foreman of the first grand jury to indict Delay making a rather astonishing admission that his decision was made on the bases of campaign ads he just didn't like.

Wait! There's more!

We learned yesterday that last Friday Ronnie Earle made what some people call a frantic attempt to get yet another grand jury to indict Delay on new charges; this after he learned that his first indictment was fatally flawed. The second grand jury returned what is called a "no-bill." That is, they refused to return an indictment. The procedure is for a no-bill to be made public the day it is returned. This didn't happen. It was returned last Friday, and only made public on Wednesday of this week. Some excuse is being floated about not finding a judge to sign it. So ... while this no-bill was sitting around waiting for a judge's signature, Earle rushes to yet another grand jury on Monday ,,, a brand-spanking new grand jury. He presents the same evidence to this grand jury that he gave to the grand jury on Friday. The new grand jury didn't know, however, that the Friday grand jury had refused to return an indictment. The no-bill, which should have been public by then, was mysteriously sitting around waiting for someone to find a judge with a pen. The new grand jury then returns an indictment for money laundering.

http://www.590klbj.com/news.php?newsid=5774

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2005/10/06/other_jury_declined_to_indict_delay?mode=PF

Mike said:
My how people can change their minds........... :lol: :lol:

McCain is a "moderate conservative"?

Yep- that was still when I was drinking some of the neocon Repub Kool-Aid-- and actually hoped they could change...
Then I did some research on McBusch- and he dropped to the bottom of the list- especially with his being so pro-neocon, proBush, which since I follow no cult I recognized was wrecking the country....
If you look hard enough you will find where I supported Ron Paul- and even donated to his campaign...
And if all the Repubs were going to do was beat the same old drum- I "evolved" to the other parties candidates...I can't support continuing the Bush policies.....

Oldtimer said:
Mike said:

Yep- that was still when I was drinking some of the neocon Repub Kool-Aid-- and actually hoped they could change...
Then I did some research on McBusch- and he dropped to the bottom of the list- especially with his being so pro-neocon, proBush, which since I follow no cult I recognized was wrecking the country....
If you look hard enough you will find where I supported Ron Paul- and even donated to his campaign...
And if all the Repubs were going to do was beat the same old drum- I "evolved" to the other parties candidates...I can't support continuing the Bush policies.....

You're just what the Democrats need. A man who will choose a side and take a real stance.
NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike said:
Oldtimer said:
Mike said:

You're just what the Democrats need. A man who will choose a side and take a real stance.
NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never been a Democrat- Never been a Republican...I've never fully bought into either of those cults beliefs...I've always remained an Independent- altho I have historically voted 90% of the time Republican in national elections- as in the past they more closely followed my beliefs..

But I can't support the current neocon Republicanism being promoted by the likes of Bush/McBusch......Under Bush and his rubber stamp Congress we not only almost imploded the countries economy- but we lost more rule of law and usurped the Constitution more than in any other time in modern history- and have came the closest to losing our Democratic Republic form of government- while losing all standing in the world....

As one of the local state Senators said who switched last year from being a Republican to a Democrat-- " I didn't change- the Republican Party did"....

Oldtimer said:
Mike said:
Oldtimer said:

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never been a Democrat- Never been a Republican...I've never fully bought into either of those cults beliefs...I've always remained an Independent- altho I have historically voted 90% of the time Republican in national elections- as in the past they more closely followed my beliefs..

But I can't support the current neocon Republicanism being promoted by the likes of Bush/McBusch......Under Bush and his rubber stamp Congress we not only almost imploded the countries economy- but we lost more rule of law and usurped the Constitution more than in any other time in modern history- and have came the closest to losing our Democratic Republic form of government- while losing all standing in the world....

As one of the local state Senators said who switched last year from being a Republican to a Democrat-- " I didn't change- the Republican Party did"....

I couldn't really care any less who you have voted for.

All I know is that you are the antithesis of what I call a man.

Go the way the political winds blow bubba. Keep listening to the MSM.

And don't forget to get some burkhas for those grandaughters.

Oldtimer said:
Mike said:

Man you sure are a kool aid drinker, first you drank it for Bush, then McCain and now Obama. I suspect if I peed in a cup and set it in front of you you would lap it up thinking it was Lemonade flavored Kool Aid! :roll:

Mike said:
Oldtimer said:
Mike said:
NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't really care any less who you have voted for.

All I know is that you are the antithesis of what I call a man.

Go the way the political winds blow bubba. Keep listening to the MSM.

And don't forget to get some burkhas for those grandaughters.

ANTITHESIS damn that is an awfully big word for a racist jerk like yourself.

Latest posts