• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Republican quotes of note

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
Pay attention to the dates:

""No man is above the law, and no man is below the law. That's the principle that we all hold very dear in this country."
- Rep. Tom DeLay (R-TX) - 10/98

"As John Adams said, we are a nation of laws, not of men. Our nation has survived the failings of its leaders before, but it cannot survive exceptions to the rule of law in our system of equal justice for all."
- Rep. Asa Hutchinson (R-AK) - 12/98

"The rule of law protects you and it protects me from the midnight fire on our roof or the 3 a.m. knock on our door. It challenges abuse of authority."
- Rep. Henry Hyde (R-IL) - 12/98

"[A] nation of laws cannot be ruled by a person who breaks the law. Otherwise, it would be as if we had one set of rules for the leaders and another for the governed."
- Rep. Richard Armey (R-TX) - 12/98

"No one is above the law, not even the president." - Rep. Nancy Johnson (R-Connecticut) - 12/98"

Probably the best information you have ever posted. Come on now who's there helping you? :?

I agree with all those quotes and they appplied to the impeachment that followed. If this President has broken the law then I agree he should be held accountable but no-one has ever proven that he has.. It's like those forged documents that Dan Blather (rather) came up with. All you libs started foaming at the mouth saying we got him now but when the truth came out all it boiled down to was forged documents. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You libs are so hell bent on hurting this President that everytime a story comes up ya'll end up opening the door but all it does is smack ya'll in the face. :clap:
GOOD POST :p :p :p :p

BBJ said:
Probably the best information you have ever posted. Come on now who's there helping you? :?

I agree with all those quotes and they appplied to the impeachment that followed. If this President has broken the law then I agree he should be held accountable but no-one has ever proven that he has.. It's like those forged documents that Dan Blather (rather) came up with. All you libs started foaming at the mouth saying we got him now but when the truth came out all it boiled down to was forged documents. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You libs are so hell bent on hurting this President that everytime a story comes up ya'll end up opening the door but all it does is smack ya'll in the face. :clap:
GOOD POST :p :p :p :p

These quotes are brought to in reference to Bush wiretapping American citizens in their homes without a warrant. He claims he doesn't need one, even though the 4th Amendment specifically protects us from warrantless intrusions into our homes. I haven't seen a single one of these Republicans make similar statements about Bush's wiretapping. Can you spell hypocrite?

I'm just a slow minded little old country boy. You lost me on that last post, plese clarify.

Dis. worte:
"These quotes are brought to in reference to Bush"

HUH? :???:

BBJ said:
I'm just a slow minded little old country boy. You lost me on that last post, plese clarify.

Dis. worte:

Maybe this will make it easier for you? "These quotes are posted in reference to Bush wiretapping American citizens in their homes without a warrant." Better?

Disagreeable said:
BBJ said:

Dis. worte:

Maybe this will make it easier for you? "These quotes are posted in reference to Bush wiretapping American citizens in their homes without a warrant." Better?
Yeah but weren't those quotes made about Clinton?

And better yet do you agree with them?

BBJ said:
Disagreeable said:
BBJ said:

Dis. worte:

Yeah but weren't those quotes made about Clinton?

And better yet do you agree with them?

Yes, I agree with them.

Yes, they were made about Clinton. Where are those righteous Republicans today while Bush is illegally wiretapping American citizens, a violation of our 4th Amendment?

BBJ said:
So you supported the IMPEACHMENT of Bill Clinton?

I do believe the most satisfying thing I get out of this board is when some of you Bush Groupies hold Bill Clinton up as the model for Bush. It cracks me up every time. Thank you for the laugh. :D If you want to get back to discussing the hypocritical Republicans who claimed the President should not be above the law in '98, and are now ignoring the fact that President Bush is illegally wiretapping Americans, we can go on. Otherwise, I'll take my smile and go on.

President Bush is illegally wiretapping Americans,

first, you can't prove they were Americans......and you can't prove it was illegel........

when you have the exact name of the person who was wire tapped. ..and have the findings of the Supreme Court please post it......other wise it is just another of your baseless lies......

by the way wheres your link?

Steve said:
President Bush is illegally wiretapping Americans,

first, you can't prove they were Americans......and you can't prove it was illegel........

when you have the exact name of the person who was wire tapped. ..and have the findings of the Supreme Court please post it......other wise it is just another of your baseless lies......

by the way wheres your link?

There are convicted terrorists now asking to see NSA logs to see if they were wiretapped without a warrant. If they can show that and, thus, go free, will you admit that it's a bad move for Bush to ignore the 4th Amendment?

Link to what?

Disagreeable said:
There are convicted terrorists now asking to see NSA logs to see if they were wiretapped without a warrant. If they can show that and, thus, go free, will you admit that it's a bad move for Bush to ignore the 4th Amendment?
I know that you were asking Steve and not me, but I would admit that it's a bad move for convicted terrorists to have lawyers and be treated like they have some sort of rights that American citizens have. They have declared war against us. The only rights they should have is the right to die now, or pray to Allah first. My emphasis. :lol:

Latest posts