• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Restore Our Intenational Image?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
More "Hopey Changey" words that didn't work..........

President Obama promised to restore the international image of the United States, but the recent NATO airstrike that killed Pakistani soldiers comes as a historic setback, at least in Pakistan, to judge from remarks made by Army Gen. Martin. E. Dempsey to British media today.

Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said that the average Pakistani's respect for the United States is lower than ever. "[The average Pakistani who] doesn't know the United States, doesn't read about the United States or just watches something on television about the United States, at that level, [the relations] are probably the worst they've ever been," he explained, according to the American Forces Press Service.

He added that the relationship between the U.S. government and Pakistan's government is "on about as rocky a road as I've seen."

Yup, this used to be trotted out by the anti-W crowd on a regular basis. Today? Not so much.

There was also all the worry about the poppy trade in Afghanistan. Remember that one?

How about Gitmo being a recruitment tool for new terrorists? Thank God it's been shut down.

King George trampling on the Constitution. That one is especially laughable today.

The list goes on and on. Today? Silence.

Hypocrites to the bone. The entire lot.

Mike said:

President Obama promised to restore the international image of the United States, but the recent NATO airstrike that killed Pakistani soldiers comes as a historic setback, at least in Pakistan, to judge from remarks made by Army Gen. Martin. E. Dempsey to British media today.

Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said that the average Pakistani's respect for the United States is lower than ever. "[The average Pakistani who] doesn't know the United States, doesn't read about the United States or just watches something on television about the United States, at that level, [the relations] are probably the worst they've ever been," he explained, according to the American Forces Press Service.

He added that the relationship between the U.S. government and Pakistan's government is "on about as rocky a road as I've seen."

I can't remember when GW even had the balls to go after Osama or Al Quaeda in Pakistan-- even tho he beat his chest and said "we would hunt them down wherever they took refuge"...

Seems like Obama, (the Muslim :roll:) , has kicked butt on more of the high level Talibans and Al Quaeda in 3 years than GW did in 7...

Yes OT, in your world I'm sure that seems true.

Care for me to list the names/positions of al Queda captured in Pakistan (with the obvious help of the CIA) during King George's reign?

I thought not.

Oldtimer said:
Mike said:

I can't remember when GW even had the balls to go after Osama or Al Quaeda in Pakistan-- even tho he beat his chest and said "we would hunt them down wherever they took refuge"...

Seems like Obama, (the Muslim :roll:) , has kicked butt on more of the high level Talibans and Al Quaeda in 3 years than GW did in 7...

I guess you know nothing of the 'special forces" that were first into Afghanistan on Osama's trail. At one point they were within 3 or 4 kms from him. The problem at first was the "tribal" disputes that were going on and their willingness to take money from the CIA and Osama.

Most likely Osama was snuck into Pakistan by one of the tribal leaders that was supposed to deliver him to the special forces.

And there is the fact that the information that led to Osama's killing came from the "enhanced interrogation" techniques under Bush/Cheney

But why am I telling you any of this, you could care less about the truth.

OT doesn't remember that the waterboarding was what helped find UBL. :lol: :lol:

http://scottystarnes.wordpress.com/2011/05/04/cia-director-leon-panetta-waterboarding-helped-find-osama-bin-laden-video/

Mike said:
OT doesn't remember that the waterboarding was what helped find UBL. :lol: :lol:

Now Mike, let's be fair. That was back when OT was against the torture of holding detainees without habeas corpus.

Today? As long as BO, the NSA, and some unnamed foreign court says an American citizen is a criminal, kill 'em.

Whitewing said:
Mike said:

Now Mike, let's be fair. That was back when OT was against the torture of holding detainees without habeas corpus.

Today? As long as BO, the NSA, and some unnamed foreign court says an American citizen is a criminal, kill 'em.

Have you seen the proposed bill now in Senate.....

The worldwide indefinite detention without charge or trial provision is in S. 1867, the National Defense Authorization Act bill, which will be on the Senate floor on Monday. The bill was drafted in secret by Sens. Carl Levin (D-Mich.) and John McCain (R-Ariz.) and passed in a closed-door committee meeting, without even a single hearing.

http://www.aclu.org/blog/national-security/senators-demand-military-lock-american-citizens-battlefield-they-define-being

obama's Police State........

(1) Explicitly authorize the federal government to indefinitely imprison without charge or trial American citizens and others picked up inside and outside the United States;

(2) Mandate military detention of some civilians who would otherwise be outside of military control, including civilians picked up within the United States itself; and

(3) Transfer to the Department of Defense core prosecutorial, investigative, law enforcement, penal, and custodial authority and responsibility now held by the Department of Justice.

https://secure.aclu.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=3865&s_subsrc=fixNDAA

Yes Hypo, I saw that. But is it really any surprise?

I can just hear OT now, "we don't need no stinkin' Constitution. O says he's a criminal, the NSA says he's a criminal, a foreign court says he's a criminal, kill him. Now, what can I blame on Bush today?".

hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:
Mike said:

I guess you know nothing of the 'special forces" that were first into Afghanistan on Osama's trail. At one point they were within 3 or 4 kms from him. The problem at first was the "tribal" disputes that were going on and their willingness to take money from the CIA and Osama.

Most likely Osama was snuck into Pakistan by one of the tribal leaders that was supposed to deliver him to the special forces.

And there is the fact that the information that led to Osama's killing came from the "enhanced interrogation" techniques under Bush/Cheney

But why am I telling you any of this, you could care less about the truth.

Exactly. When it became clear to the Hadjis that they had done their job too well and the CIA/special operators were about to take OBL down, the Hadji's turned on the Americans at gunpoint and held them long enough for OBL to escape. This was still in 2001, I believe, and GW was President. My nephew has led me to believe (although he never fully outright said) that he participated in (still classified) operations in Pakistan in '03.

The only thing TWAP has done is ride W's coat tails and take credit for the successes. Old Slimer is a good one to talk about who has and doesn't have balls. :roll:

Latest posts