• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Retooled NAACP

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Cal

Reaction score
Retooled NAACP Defends Rights of Wealthy Blacks
by Scott Ott
(2005-04-08) -- The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) will hold a Leadership Summit at a Florida resort in late May to prove its continued relevance and to develop strategies for protecting the civil rights of increasingly wealthy African-Americans.

"Now that many of our brothers and sisters have become rich, we're learning that money can't buy freedom from oppression," said an unnamed NAACP spokesman. "Instead of sitting at the back of bus, we're now waiting hours for tables in fine restaurants and weeks for delivery of a customized Mercedes and months for a luxury home in a gated community. We shall overcome."

The Leadership Summit at the $165/night resort will include a golf tournament and seminars on civil disobedience.

"The movement is more subtle today," said the NAACP source. "We teach passive resistance techniques like taking a little extra time on the fairway and politely declining to let 'the man' play through so he can feel the sting of oppression and empathize with our struggle. We shall overcome."

Liberty Belle said:
This is not only pathetic, it's rude. I don't care what color you are, if you won't mind your manners, you aren't welcome anywhere.

agreed!!! read in a news magazine recently (Time, i think), that an "african/american" woman with 4 years education now makes a few THOUSAND dollars a year more than a "caucasian" woman with the same education!! :? :? yeah, i'm confused....i had to pay for my OWN education...i was not qualified for "special" grants or scholarships based on MY color! i believe that we are ALL equal, so i guess i am confused by the whole "oppression" thing....maybe because i was not raised in the 50's and 60's (born in '69) when the civil war rights fights were at the highest!!

I would say that the author was making fun of NAACP, but it hit the absurdity of the organization right on the head.

welcome to America, where the people who made it great are being turned on by those who have rode our coat tails for years.

Seriously, Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton are bigger racists than Hitler!

Latest posts