• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Robo calls

Help Support Ranchers.net:

lavacarancher

Reaction score
The random phone calls I am getting is driving me nuts (not too far to drive). What really ticks me off is that no one will do anything about it. I've talked to our local AG without a successful resolution and AT&T act like they don't know anything about. I am on local, state and national no call lists and yet they continue to come. Maybe that's where their getting my number. Does this bother anyone else and have you fund a way to stop it?

I don't know for sure, but I was told that if you hit *61, this will stop the calls. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but I plan to.

I just checked it out and here is what I found on AT&T site:

I can understand the importance of blocking unwanted calls. I had some random telemarketer get a hold of my number and being able to block it, saved my sanity. I would be happy to help.

After researching more into the *61 code I'm showing it is for Digital Home phones. Just to verify it was a home phone only feature I tried it on a couple AT&T cell phones and received the same recording as you.

If you are interested in blocking suspected spam calls we have a great app called Call Protect. This is only compatible with certain phones, you can find more information including on how to download it here.

If there is a specific number you would like to block many phones offer call blocking on the device. Start on our great Device Support page, make sure your device is selected then choose Tutorials > Call > Block or Unblock Calls.

I hope this information helps and please have a splendid rest of your week!

Faster, sounds like you are as frustrated as I am. Yes, I know about the call block and it is enabled on my smart phone but the phone rings anyway. I have often redialed the number captured on my device and sometimes have actually gotten an answer. Party on the other end have no idea that call was placed or originated from their phone. Further, some of the numbers change as quickly as I block them and sometimes get two or three calls a day from the same source but using different LOCAL numbers. Then there are the calls that use phony numbers. The number actually comes up on the screen as a phony number!!! So, Mr. AT&T who issues the numbers???? How are these scam artists able to append phony numbers that caller ID picks up.

So, Mr. (or Ms. AT&T) You better step up to the plate and be more proactive about dealing with this issue.

Thanks for letting me vent. :mad:

And a lot of them I pick up because they show up as local prefixes. Frustrating.

Faster horses said:
Traveler said:
And a lot of them I pick up because they show up as local prefixes. Frustrating.

Yeah, they've gotten smart about that. :mad:
What I wonder, do they ever get to make a sale? I don't know anyone who does anything but hang up.
Some elderly, and people with mental conditions that make them susceptible, I fear.

Now they can use YOUR number to make calls. I have returned calls and people said I called them and in turn I have dialed missed calls and been answered by another local person who had no idea. farmguy

Latest posts