• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Rock Creek fire pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

PureCountry

Reaction score
Well, I found time to post pictures.

Neighbors combine almost got it. Stubble burned all around it but not up to it.

Embers dropped in the middle of fields and burned in odd directions.

Neighbors hay shed and some equipment that didn't make it

Generator at their pivot, grass burned right up to it but not a mark on it or the jerry can of fuel.

Our pastures

West side of valley still smoking

Putting out hotspots, pumping off the Kettle River. We put this spot out 3 times. Roots were smoldering 2 feet down.

Kids were picking garbage out of the river

And catching a few crawfish

Having this second cut green and lush on the upwind side of the yard is what saved it.

Burnt up this west side then crept towards the house and yard.

Melted a bit of portable fence along the way

And a few miles of wire fence

Luckily the wife and neighbors disced a fire break and got it stopped with the wind helping by taking it north and away.

Fencer, reel of polywire and a battery in the list of casualties

Not the fun part of Mother Nature to deal with. Finding out whose rain about drowned us in May and June. It's about washed all the three year old ashes away here. Just a part of the cycle I guess. Glad for what your country was spared and sorry for what it lost. Wildfire is the scariest thing I've ever dealt with.

Sorry about the devastation caused by the fires, PureCountry. Glad your buildings were spared and that you and your family have survived the ordeal without injury. Hope life gets back to normal for all of you soon.

Glad you are all ok. In 2012, when we were having all the fires, you could disc a fire break, and the fire would burn right on through it. I wouldn't wish a fire on anyone!!!

PureCountry:
You are north of me but what is the nearest town? We have now lost over 600,000 acres to wildfires in Washington and many of the fires are minimally contained. There was a photo posted yesterday of cattle drifting through an area that had already burned but they are not likely to find any good grazing any time soon. I'm glad that you fared well.

Rock Creek is our closest town North of the border. Chesaw, Washington is straight south of us about 15 miles. We're a 50 mile drive to Republic. Grand Forks and Christina Lake on our side of the border are ready to evacuate because the wind coming with this storm front is expected to blow embers from the Stickpin fire into town. That could be 5,000-10,000 people, depending if they want to evacuate just south of the Kettle or both sides. They say it's 3 miles south of Grand Forks as of last night. Damn shame all this just keeps going on. Sure hoping for rain this weekend.

What is happening now, PC? Did you get rain? We have friends in Washington and they said it started raining on Saturday and
rained for 2 days. I certainly hope you got some of that. So sorry and so sad to see the devastation you pictured. Stay safe!

Latest posts