• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Rombo

Help Support Ranchers.net:

We've had that discussion here a couple of times--I don't think
he was necessarily a big supporter of HSUS and most all of
them are supporters. If that's all that can be found against Santorum
then that's not the worst thing. I doubt that he goes overboard over
it, he seems pretty grounded to me. It's my thought he is by
far the best of the bunch.

Santorum was against the so called "puppy mills"

That alone is what picked up hsus and petas support. Looking at the surface of things will sometimes lead a person astray.

Well, I doubt we need to worry as the established part of the party want Mitt. One of the things I hate about these political parties. they all seem to think they know more than us and will not allow many "good" candidates in....

Jinglebob said:
Well, I doubt we need to worry as the established part of the party want Mitt. One of the things I hate about these political parties. they all seem to think they know more than us and will not allow many "good" candidates in....

I know of one who became a candidate for State Represtantive. The big shots in the state invited him to a meet and greet the bigshot in the state. It was a big golf outing at a ski resort.
He politely told them he needed to spend time with the voters in his district, which he did. From then on the bigshots let him fend for himself with no help from the state party.

Humane Society Legislative Fund Endorses Senator Santorum in Pennsylvania
October 12, 2006

Animal Welfare Group Urges Pennsylvania Voters to Reelect Santorum for Senate on November 7th, Announces Other Endorsements for Pennsylvania

WASHINGTON — Citing him as "one of the leading animal welfare advocates in the entire U.S. Senate," the Humane Society Legislative Fund (HSLF) announced that it has enthusiastically endorsed Senator Rick Santorum in his re-election bid to the U.S. Senate for Pennsylvania. HSLF based the endorsement on Santorum's long-standing record of support for animal welfare, his active leadership on humane issues, and his tangible record of success on these issues.

"There is no stronger animal welfare advocate in Congress than Senator Santorum," said Sara Amundson, executive director of the Humane Society Legislative Fund. "Santorum has been one of our most determined and effective leaders in fighting for public policies to halt cruelty and abuse. In order to pass humane laws, we need humane lawmakers like Senator Santorum. Pennsylvanians who care about animals should support his re-election."

HSLF noted that Santorum has provided leadership year after year in seeking higher levels of funding for enforcement of the Humane Methods of Slaughter Act and the Animal Welfare Act (AWA), including the provisions in the AWA relating to better enforcement of the prohibitions against dogfighting and cockfighting. He has led the fight for increased funding, working most recently in concert with Senator Carl Levin, for higher funding levels.

Santorum's actions, and those of his colleagues to support his efforts, have boosted funding for enforcement of the Animal Welfare Act by 81% (a cumulative increase of $32 million) over the past six years, which has enabled the agency to hire dozens more inspectors to look out for the welfare of animals at research laboratories, puppy mills, zoos, and the like. These funding increases have also directed the USDA to spend $14 million specifically to ensure better compliance with the humane slaughter law. Before then, there had never been funds specifically designated for this purpose, and the agency had not taken seriously its enforcement responsibilities under this law, which literally affects billions of animals. And Congress has targeted $800,000 in each of the past few years for USDA to focus on animal fighting cases.

"We need laws to protect animals, but we also need those laws to be enforced," said added Amundson. "Senator Santorum has worked in a bipartisan fashion to secure millions in funding so that animal welfare laws can be better enforced."

In addition, Santorum has been a lead cosponsor of the Animal Fighting Prohibition and Enforcement Act, S. 382, a bill to establish felony-level penalties for transporting animals for fighting purposes across state lines. Santorum worked to get this measure to the floor for a vote of the full Senate, and the measure passed unanimously. This legislation is more crucial than ever given the threat of bird flu posed by the illegal transportation of roosters for cockfighting, and the human fatalities from bird flu that have been linked to cockfighting in southeast Asia. He is working hard to get the House to consider the legislation and send it to President Bush for his signature.

Also, HSLF recognized Santorum's efforts to provide protections for dogs sold by large, commercial breeders to the public. He has been the lead Senator on this issue during his entire Senate career, and has introduced legislation, the Pet Animal Welfare Statute (PAWS), S. 1139, to crack down on abusive "puppy mills" that treat the dogs like they are production machines. Pennsylvania is one of the country's hotspots for puppy mill operations, making Senator Santorum's leadership especially important on this issue.

Santorum's support has helped pass important animal protection laws during his career in the Senate, including legislation that barred the interstate and foreign shipment of birds for cockfighting, stopped the trade in tigers and other big cats as exotic pets, and created a national sanctuary system for retired chimpanzees no longer used in medical research. He has also supported a raft of other animal protection measures, including efforts to ban horse slaughter for human consumption, to add a bittering agent to anti-freeze to make the substance unpalatable to animals and children, to protect dolphins from drowning in tuna nets, to prohibit the sale of bear parts such as gall bladders, and to include animals in disaster plans. Additionally, during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, his efforts in tandem with Senator John Ensign caused the White House to pay closer attention to the plight of animals impacted by the disaster.

HSLF is a nonpartisan organization that evaluates candidates based only on a single criterion: where they stand on animal welfare. HSLF does not judge candidates based on party affiliation or any other issue. A complete list of HSLF's endorsements is available online at www.humanevoting.com.

For the U.S. House of Representatives, HSLF is backing Robert Brady (D-1st), Chaka Fattah (D-2nd), Phil English (R-3rd), Jim Gerlach (R-6th), Curt Weldon (R-7th), Mike Fitzpatrick (R-8th), Bill Shuster (R-9th), Chris Carney (D-10th), Paul Kanjorski (D-11th), John Murtha (D-12th), Allyson Schwartz (D-13th), Mike Doyle (D-14th), Charles Dent (R-15th), Joe Pitts (R-16th), Tim Holden (D-17th), and Todd Platts (R-19th).

--30--

Humane Society Legislative Fund (HSLF) is a social welfare organization incorporated under section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code. HSLF works to pass animal protection laws at the state and federal level, to educate the public about animal protection issues, and to support humane candidates for office. Contributions or gifts to HSLF are not tax deductible. Your donation may be used for lobbying to pass laws to protect animals, as well as for political purposes, such as supporting or opposing candidates. HSLF does not accept contributions from business corporations or labor organizations. On the web at www.hslf.org.

Media Contact: Julia Janak, [email protected], (425) 208-1684

Faster horses said:
That has already been posted once, OT. Now how about Obama's support
of HSUS?

Just wanted to be fair and balanced and didn't want you misleading folks with your opinions... :wink:

I didn't post it originally- but I think all should read it and make up their own mind.....

OT, how did Santorum support the horse slaughter ban?

Was it because he felt that the funds for inspection should be looked after by the states instead of the Federal government?

By what Constitutional authority does the Federal government regulate slaughter of meat animals?

Here ya go OT:

THE Humane Society Legislative Fund (HSLF), the political action and lobbying subsidiary of the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), has endorsed Sen. Barrack Obama (D., Ill.) for president, marking the first time in history HSLF and, by extension, HSUS have backed a presidential candidate.

HSLF noted that Obama has been "a solid supporter" of animal protection at both the state level, where he was an Illinois community organizer and state senator, and at the federal level.

HSLF said Obama, in an HSLF presidential questionnaire, promised to support almost every animal protection bill currently before Congress and added that his vice presidential running mate, Sen. Joseph Biden (D., Del.), has been "a stalwart friend" of animal activists.

Humane Society endorses Obama:
http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7iJp4z1Pz1UAtftXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE1YjZuOXBoBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMwRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA1ZJUDAyNl8xNTE-/SIG=130bl4vpg/EXP=1329484777/**http%3a//vegansofcolor.wordpress.com/2008/09/24/humane-society-endorses-obama/

Obama supports second chance for Micheal Vick
http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7iJp4z1Pz1UAs_tXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE1bWU4bW5rBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMgRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA1ZJUDAyNl8xNTE-/SIG=126ur617l/EXP=1329484777/**http%3a//www.talkleft.com/story/2010/12/28/12652/278

Obama goes public with support of animal rights
http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7iJp4z1Pz1UAv_tXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE1bXB2Y3VzBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDOARjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA1ZJUDAyNl8xNTE-/SIG=158rugr4d/EXP=1329484777/**http%3a//animalagalliance.org/newsletter/main.cfm%3fEditionMonth=1%26EditionYear=2008%26DatabaseName=Obama%26Email=contributor%26Password=alliance1501

Faster horses said:
Here ya go OT:

THE Humane Society Legislative Fund (HSLF), the political action and lobbying subsidiary of the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), has endorsed Sen. Barrack Obama (D., Ill.) for president, marking the first time in history HSLF and, by extension, HSUS have backed a presidential candidate.

HSLF noted that Obama has been "a solid supporter" of animal protection at both the state level, where he was an Illinois community organizer and state senator, and at the federal level.

HSLF said Obama, in an HSLF presidential questionnaire, promised to support almost every animal protection bill currently before Congress and added that his vice presidential running mate, Sen. Joseph Biden (D., Del.), has been "a stalwart friend" of animal activists.

Humane Society endorses Obama:
http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7iJp4z1Pz1UAtftXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE1YjZuOXBoBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMwRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA1ZJUDAyNl8xNTE-/SIG=130bl4vpg/EXP=1329484777/**http%3a//vegansofcolor.wordpress.com/2008/09/24/humane-society-endorses-obama/

Obama supports second chance for Micheal Vick
http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7iJp4z1Pz1UAs_tXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE1bWU4bW5rBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMgRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA1ZJUDAyNl8xNTE-/SIG=126ur617l/EXP=1329484777/**http%3a//www.talkleft.com/story/2010/12/28/12652/278

Obama goes public with support of animal rights
http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7iJp4z1Pz1UAv_tXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE1bXB2Y3VzBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDOARjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA1ZJUDAyNl8xNTE-/SIG=158rugr4d/EXP=1329484777/**http%3a//animalagalliance.org/newsletter/main.cfm%3fEditionMonth=1%26EditionYear=2008%26DatabaseName=Obama%26Email=contributor%26Password=alliance1501

So are you saying that since HSUS supported Obama- that means Santorum is a great guy because they supported him too..... :???: :roll:

Oldtimer said:
Faster horses said:
of HSUS?

Just wanted to be fair and balanced and didn't want you misleading folks with your opinions... :wink:

I didn't post it originally- but I think all should read it and make up their own mind.....

and by re-posting the same article that has been thoroughly dis-proven a half dozen times.. I think your reason is obvious..

if not I bolded and underlined it..

Steve said:
Oldtimer said:
Faster horses said:
of HSUS?

and by re-posting the same article that has been thoroughly dis-proven a half dozen times.. I think your reason is obvious..

Steve 99% of the people on here no longer believe much of what he posts any more, he is becoming a master of mis information and mis leading propaganda

hopalong said:
Steve said:
Oldtimer said:

Steve 99% of the people on here no longer believe much of what he posts any more, he is becoming a master of mis information and mis leading propaganda

Like it matters what anyone on this forum believes. Most don't even have the nads to call you out for the worthless ankle-biter that you are.

Well most on here have the nads to at least give a real name and location,,, :D :D You on the other hand make 4:00 am hang up phone calls,, post name and addresses on here, make threats while hiding behind your screen,
like a 3 yr old might do :wink: :wink: Up off your knees you are making oldtimer jealous...
Perhaps that 90 % feels I am right about what I say or they would tell me to shut up!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: I notice you do not get much support :D :D :D

hopalong said:
Well most on here have the nads to at least give a real name and location,,, :D :D You on the other hand make 4:00 am hang up phone calls,, post name and addresses on here, make threats while hiding behind your screen,
like a 3 yr old might do :wink: :wink: Up off your knees you are making oldtimer jealous...
Perhaps that 90 % feels I am right about what I say or they would tell me to shut up!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: I notice you do not get much support :D :D :D

Here we go again here and have another post referring to blow jobs and men being on their knees.

Latest posts