• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

rope n choke or the iron monstor?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rope or chute

• rope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • chute

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
HorseShoer said:
Good greif~! talk about kickin a ant pile then sittin in it. i guess shoulda payed closer attention in grammer class, and not skipped typing class to go fishin. Ima Dude, and been called cute.. and talk like howdy doody :? oh well been called werse things. I dont know why folks git so defensive over ropein vs chute.

no silly question this time or snappy sayin

So do you read your will james book before hand just so you think you know what you really don't know.

as for women and children they are top hands there truck driver...

and the minorities are'nt that bad of people either good and bad in a races.guess where you got placed.

I have ranched in Nev. and Texas. In nev. we roped and draged everything to the fire to brand and vac. Always had someone hurt. When we moved the ranch back to Texas we went to the chute system. Here i am a one man show most of the time. Everything i have built is set up for me to work alone. Some times when i work the herds twice a year i get a fiend and his two boys but not always. They are good help and greatly valued. I have gone so far as to get a calf table to work calves. this realy helps to keep an old man from getting hurt.

Well it seems my poor choice of werds has been the source of entertainment. I seemed to offend folks with my use of a mexican. :? I never said i was too good for ground crew, it jist aint my prefernce. as far as being a horseman? I dont think i said that either. anybody can ride, n most anyone can rope, its kinda like drivin a truck ( its not rocket sceince)
but it makes me more money that workin for some struggelin outfit that dont pay much anyway. Im not happy about drivin truck not the least bit. I took up drivin in order make some quick dough to build my own place, and put a kid thru school. Someday soon god willin I can go back to the mountain cow camp and enjoy life again. Too bad we hada git off on a bad foot like this, anyone is welcome at my camp for beans and a BS session.

I would like to know what does Gary do? Since Gwen does all the work and it is her money. Most couples have their money not his and hers.
How can you do so much and spend all that time on the net?
I am in Barksdale which is south texas not east.

Gary Works for the State. I never said it was ALL my money, but for that particular trip, I saved and scrimped from my own job at the time so that we could go, and the poker game I referred to was done with small change, which he had none of at the time, and seems I've always gotta ton of change in the bottom of my purse. He has his...I have mine, then there's ours. That way if there's something we want to buy we can.
And as far as the time I spend online, I get online in the mornins, drink my coffee, then go do whatever it is that I have to do "today". He gets off in the early afternoon, so there's time for both of us to work the ranch, together. It wasn't always like that, I had a full time job and he worked nights (for nine years), made for alot of things not gettin done. This last summer I was able to make the choice of quittin my job to do what I love, ranching. I may not start every mornin at the crack of dawn. But that's also my choice. I go out and fix fence, put out salt and mineral, mow pastures when things are set up to where I can, chase parts, pick up feed, whatever it is I can do that saves time so that we have time to do things in the afternoon that takes two people to do. No, I dont have somethin planned every day of the week, but usually something comes up that keeps me busy. We have two kids, one in college, one's in highschool, volleyball, cheerleadin, FFA, 4-H she raises heifers, and a goat, and barrel races. If that's not enuff to keep me busy I dont know what is. I'm the leader of the 4H group here, and am involved in the Booster club for our FFA/Ag department.
Another thing, as for being online, there's lots of time I get up and leave the computer sittin still connected, get busy, and forget.
Now...since I've been nice and explained this. Why dont you do the same?
What do you do? Share a little of yourself with us.

And jersey lily takes beautiful pictures, cares lovingly for her animals, gives friends a hand when needed, even if it is on the internet (cuz I know first hand, as I have been on the receiving end!), is a good cook, and is generally just a good person to know.

And I'm glad our trails crossed on the internet, Jersey Lily!!!

OK I HAVE ABOUT HAD ENOUGH. I have KEPT my mouth shut but you are starting to hurt innoccent people in this act of bravado. If your issue is with lilly then take it to pm and leave others out of the fray. If your issue is with Shoe then take it to him. You need to step back and see who you are also including in this fable attempt of implacability. Any further acts of defilement on this matter will be taken personally and handled sweepingly.

I will have to vote for the chute method. My cows have never seen a horse and would be scared top death by one, I think. And as for a rope, me and some boys tried to rope a calf one day for a shot and a tattoo. He was about 2 months old and all we had was a length of old ½-inch rope about 15 feet long. Well to make a long story short, when it was over the calf was running off, I was tied up in the rope, and several of us had burses on us from the calf whipping our not nice. I can ride a horse but never tried to rope from one so I guess I am MUCH better off with the chute method. And sweet feed is still the best method to catch cows I have.

I believe Ms.Sage is talkin to south texasgirl! I like Sage have had enough of this! Greg and Lily have been Cyber friends for awhile now and it was Lily that introduced us to ranchers! .We believe this is a PERSONAL issue.....so like Sage said take it to p.m or phone her. This is NOT what ranchers is about :mad: :mad: :mad: :evil: Mrs. Greg :!: :!:

My lovely mother always told that if I can't say something nice just don't say anything at all. Ranchers net has some wonderful people on it and although we don't all agree on everything we are all entitle to out own opinion.
I thank each of you for letting me be a part of such a wonderful forum. :wink:

Well, she's definitely spiteful! That lady (and I'm using that term lightly) seems to have a major problem about something!

HorseShoer said:
Just once i wanna hot shot the battrees aint dead in

Lol,you ought to come with my boss,people give him broken hotshots,and he fixes them up,honest to God,no lie,he carries 10 to 15 hotshots in hs floorboard at all times,and has plenty more at his house.Needless to say,we always have one,or three...Lol.

hey horseshoer, now I have listened or more to the point, read everything about the comments you made, and I go for the rope, but when it was just us on the ranch, at the old place then I go for the chute for working cows. Because we sometimes didn't have help from neighbors cus they were doing their cattle too. As for roping, that works well when there are kids ropin' and learning the "ropes" so to speak. If it weren't for me and the kid, my hubby would have been doing cows by himself and never got in for supper until long after midnight as the boss on that place wasn't to keen on gettin' us help sometimes. :roll: :!: :sure:

finally somebody that knew what i meant about a hotshot, i swear, everytime i reach fer one, its got dead batts or dont werk,

and Hometowngurl, i know what ya mean, dont ya wish you got paid for all the work ya helped yer hubby out on? I swear sometimes bosses take for granted the family of hired help.

Latest posts