• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

RSL - Truck

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Cattleman

Reaction score
Hey RSL, Sorry I can't figure the search out so well, but I know you had posted a while back about your mini-truck. What make of truck is it? Where did you find it?

We are looking at something like that. Can you find the link, as you had made comments on it regarding use in snow, etc.

Please and thank you!

We have a Suzuki Carry. They are a mini-truck or kei class truck.
We have bought ours from Western Mini Trucks in Stony Plain, but there are other dealers around the country/north america.
They work really well with 13" snow tires (year round), but you can mount quad tires and even tracks on them if you need. Our snow is getting too deep for even the big trucks now so we may be moving fences with horses the rest of the winter unless the snow settles some.
Other example makes are:
Mazda Scrum (same as a Suzuki Carry)
Diahatsu Hi Jet
Honda
Etc.
They come in 4x4, 5 or 6 speed or auto, diff lock, axle lock, heat, radio, air and can even get extended cab. There are factory built and aftermarket dump boxes, blades, winches, etc. available.
Do a search for mini truck or kei truck and that will certainly get you started locally.

hayguy said:
RSL, how have you adjusted to right hand drive?
Took about 30 seconds. I have a harder time adjusting back to left. My wife can't drive a regular standard but she can hammer around in our left hand drive easily. The shift pattern is the same; clutch/brake and gas are the same. Wipers and lights are backwards.

i looked at some---------they don't all have 4 low.

there is also kinda a long and a short wheel base--on the 'long' you got more room to get your feet in, like with hip boots on

Thanks RSL, have you done much pulling with it? We have a small trailer we tow around in the winter (currently behind the quad), in snow. With feed and other things.

Cattleman said:
Thanks RSL, have you done much pulling with it? We have a small trailer we tow around in the winter (currently behind the quad), in snow. With feed and other things.
None as I haven't built a hitch yet. Easy to put a hitch on and I know lots of guys that do pull stuff with them.

Latest posts