• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

RWCF'ist

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jingo2

Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/07/23/gunmans-background-puzzles-police-in-norway/

Well...who'd have guessed that a RIGHT WING, RELIGIOUS, CONSERVATIVE, CHRISTIAN would've done something like this.....................

If it walks like a duck....it must be a duck.

sometimes it isn't even a bird...

He regularly posted on a Norwegian right-wing site

sounds like your a right wing extremist as well..

"He writes mostly about what Americans call the cultural war; focused on immigration, demography, identity, and politics in the broader sense,"

"His main enemy is not Muslims, but multiculturalists and what he calls cultural marxists."

"suggest that he has some political traits directed toward the right, and anti-Muslim views, but whether that was a motivation for the actual act remains to be seen."

it appears they are trying to make a connection to right-wing extremism but can't,.. so they use generalizations..

He reportedly grew vegetables including watermelons at his organic farming company, Breivik Geofarm, in eastern Norway,

it could just be an out of work disgruntled organic vegetable grower with a failing business because of the recent fatal E. coli outbreak

or maybe it is something deeper..
According to a recently updated Facebook page in his name, in addition to hunting, Breivik's interests include political analysis, stock analysis, classical music and playing online games such as World of Warcraft.

His taste in movies and TV shows is violent, including Dexter, a series about a serial killer who works for the police, Gladiator and vampire show True Blood.

A Norwegian police official yesterday summed up the thoughts of many around the world: "This seems like a madman's work."

while the fact remains it does appear he acted like a conservative Christian right wing conservative, his inner life does not.

over time a clearer picture will emerge, but I doubt anyone in the Christian faith would encourage this kind of needless attack..

and no Christian would participate in this kind of violent acts today..

so blame a faith, or group that often and loudly condemns this sort of violence regulatory. but the fact remains.. no sane rational person would gun down children.

he was as twisted in his beliefs as a radical muslim and he should get the same contempt as they deserve.. and be punished for his terrorism

jingo2 said:
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/07/23/gunmans-background-puzzles-police-in-norway/

Well...who'd have guessed that a RIGHT WING, RELIGIOUS, CONSERVATIVE, CHRISTIAN would've done something like this.....................

If it walks like a duck....it must be a duck.

it was more then likely the classical music and organic watermelons that drove him over the edge..

I doubt you'll see any conservatives wearing t-shirts with this guy's picture on it, like we see other mass murderers like Che, Stalin, Mau, etc.

He dismisses concepts such as political correctness, feminism and major religions and philosophies including Islam and Marxism and defends his views by quoting people he views as authoritative.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/norway/8658277/Norway-shooting-Anders-Behring-Breiviks-planning-appears-meticulous.html

The shooter knew there were no guns in that camp............

This is where any restriction of guns can be detriminal to society.

well it looks as if we can strike the C off the list....

Breivik writes in his manifesto that he is not religious, has doubts about God's existence, does not pray, but does assert the primacy of Europe's "Christian culture" as well as his own pagan Nordic culture.

"I'm not going to pretend I'm a very religious person, as that would be a lie," he says. "I've always been very pragmatic and influenced by my secular surroundings and environment. In the past, I remember I used to think: 'Religion is a crutch for weak people. What is the point in believing in a higher power if you have confidence in yourself!? Pathetic.' Perhaps this is true for many cases. Religion is a crutch for many weak people, and many embrace religion for self-serving reasons as a source for drawing mental strength (to feed their weak emotional state [for] example during illness, death, poverty etc.). Since I am not a hypocrite, I'll say directly that this is my agenda as well. However, I have not yet felt the need to ask God for strength, yet."

sounds like Obama,....

seems Darwin was a favorite of his as well.. but this is exactly what happens when a liberal tries to push their agenda of hatred of Christians..

the false accusations they lay to attack Christians are soon exposed...

"well it looks as if we can strike the C off the list.... "

"C" for Christian as well as "C" for conservative......:wink:

Since the horrific acts perpetrated by Anders Behring Breivik in Norway last week, the newsmedia have been scrambling to uncover the worldview of Mr. Breivik. After initially speculating (wrongly) that the Oslo bombing and subsequent youth camp massacre were committed by a radical Muslim, establishment media outlets like CNN sought to depict Breivik as "a right-wing Christian fundamentalist." Think Jerry Falwell or Pat Robertson with a machine gun.

Except, it now turns out, Breivik really isn't a Christian fundamentalist after all. According to his 1518-page manifesto "A European Declaration of Independence," he may not even believe in God. Instead of Christianity, his views are largely based on what might be described as a virulent mixture of scientific fundamentalism and Social Darwinism.

A "Christian Atheist"?

To be sure, Breivik identifies himself as "100% Christian" in his manifesto (p. 1403), and he certainly talks incessantly about defending "Christian" civilization. But he also makes clear that his Christianity is a simply pose adopted for political reasons. Answering why he chose to align himself with a group supposedly espousing "Christian values," he states: "My choice was based purely [on] pragmatism." (p. 1380) He goes on to explain that "Christianity" has far more "mass appeal" than nationalism, white supremacy, or a revival of paganism, and so it is a more effective "banner" under which to build his movement. (p. 1381) In sum, Breivik views religion like Machiavelli viewed religion--as a political tool. It's worth noting that Machiavelli's The Prince is listed by Breivik as one of his favorite books. (p. 1407)

As for his own religious beliefs and practices, Breivik frankly admits: "I'm not going to pretend I'm a very religious person as that would be a lie. I've always been very pragmatic and influenced by my secular surroundings and environment." (p. 1344, emphasis added) Indeed, Breivik acknowledges that he used to believe that "Religion is a crutch for weak people. What is the point in believing in a higher power if you have confidence in yourself!? Pathetic." He continues: "Perhaps this is true for many cases. Religion is a crutch for many weak people and many embrace religion for self serving reasons as a source for drawing mental strength (to feed their weak emotional state f[or] example during illness, death, poverty etc.). Since I am not a hypocrite, I'll say directly that this is my agenda as well." (p. 1344, emphasis added) In other words, at best he views his embrace of religion as a psychological crutch to give him strength for his horrific activities. Although he adds that he has not yet actually prayed to God for strength, he expects that he may do so when he goes on his murderous rampage: "If praying will act as an additional mental boost/soothing it is the pragmatical thing to do. I guess I will find out... If there is a God I will be allowed to enter heaven as all other martyrs for the Church in the past." (p. 1345) Note the "if" in his statement about whether God exists. Breivik himself doesn't even appear to believe in God. He frequently identifies himself as a "cultural Christian," a term which he defines at one point as the same thing as a "Christian atheist." (p. 1360)

Unsurprisingly, Breivik's idea of "cultural Christianity" has little to do with Christianity as most people would understand that term. For example, Breivik makes clear that to join his movement for cultural Christianity "t is not required that you have a personal relationship with God or Jesus." (p. 1361) Indeed, Breivik would like to expand "Christianity" to include those who worship the Norse pagan god Odin. Breivik calls for the Christian church to be "re-create[d]... as a nationalistic Church which will tolerate and allow (to a very large degree) native cultures/heritage/thought systems such as Odinism." (p. 1361) And despite using the adjective "cultural," Breivik's "cultural Christianity" doesn't leave much room for Christians to actually influence society apart from social rituals. Indeed, Breivik emphasizes that he wants a secular European state where "[t]he Church and church leaders will not be allowed to influence non-cultural political matters in any way. This includes science, research and development and all non-cultural areas which will benefit Europe in the future. This will also include all areas relating to procreation/birth/fertility policies and related issues of scientific importance (reprogenetics)." (p. 1137, emphasis added)

As can be seen, Breivik harbors a special concern that Christians not be able to influence issues related to science and pubic policy "in any way." Why?

Because he sees biological science--not traditional religion--as the ultimate savior of society. In his view, advances in biology will makes possible a vigorous new form of Social Darwinism that will save the Nordic race through positive eugenics.

More on Breivik's frightening eugenics agenda, and the mainstream evolutionary biologist who helped inspire it, in a later article.

http://www.evolutionnews.org/2011/07/fundamentalist_christian_or_de048821.html

Latest posts