• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Saddened Heart

Help Support Ranchers.net:

canadian angus

Reaction score
As I watch and listen to the news, how can a demented person get guns of that power.

Not sure what happens south of the 49th, but do know we is happening up here.

Corpral punishment in school has been taken away, can't do the Lords prayer in school, most criminals have hands slapped and let out early if jailed. Parents could be charged if spanking their children for misbehaving.

I know this is rambling, but what the @#$% is happening and what can correct it?

CA

It is sad to say that there will always be demented people no matter the amount of laws we pass. After all murder is illegal and it happens daily. I seems no one is accountable for their actions and try to blame someone or something else.
What tops it off is so many tried to politicize this situation and forgot to think about those innocent children and adults.

canadian angus said:
As I watch and listen to the news, how can a demented person get guns of that power.

Not sure what happens south of the 49th, but do know we is happening up here.

Corpral punishment in school has been taken away, can't do the Lords prayer in school, most criminals have hands slapped and let out early if jailed. Parents could be charged if spanking their children for misbehaving.

I know this is rambling, but what the @#$% is happening and what can correct it?

CA

The news said that the guns were his mom's.

the picture of the killer, like most shows a social outcast. a kid that didn't quite fit in.. but even that doesn't really help stop these tragedies.

A really rambunctious kid, as one former neighbor in Newtown, Conn., recalled him, adding that he was on medication. He was a son of an accountant and a schoolteacher. A family member told investigators that he had a form of autism

He enjoyed soccer, skateboarding and video games

Adam Lanza, who was too boisterous for Ryan Lanza to manage. "He would have tantrums," Kraft said. "They were much more than the average kid [had]." Yet he was not prone to violence,

"The kids seemed really depressed" by the breakup,

recalled Adam Lanza as withdrawn but not threatening in any way.

"Overall, I would just call him a socially awkward kid, I don't know, shy and quiet. Didn't really look you in the eye," Israel said in a telephone interview Friday night. "Just kind of a weird kid, maybe. I can't tell you any specific incidents why [I thought so]," she said.

"I knew Adam in high school," he said, declining to give his name. "He always seemed like a quiet type. He was never really sociable. When you try to communicate with him, he would just kind of like have one- or two-word responses.

"He was a wicked smart kid, he excelled in everything," the man said. "He graduated high school three years early."

who "was very remote, reclusive." Lanza and his friends, she said, "always gathered alone in a corner in the school."

"You could definitely tell he was a genius," Israel told CNN, adding she hadn't talked with him since middle school. "He was really quiet, he kept to himself."

we will never know why these tragedies happen.. experts may never understand why these people snap and do what they do..

all we can do is pray for the families.. the kids and the teachers who gave all ..

to run to danger armed with nothing may seem like suicide.. but often there is no other choice a person can make but to at least try.. May GOD care for them as the enter his kingdom..

I agree.... the life like games teach kids that shooting people is just like shooting zombies

I am not saying it is in this case but many cases it is easier for a parent to go to the doctor and get some pills instead of giving the kids a paddling

we have lost our discipline in our homes, schools, on TV, in our music, and movies. Far too many of our youth have anger issues and a lot of our problems could be solved with a few trips to the woodshed!

cutterone said:
he enjoyed playing video games
IMO we need to control them more than guns. The youth of today "play" at killing on a daily basis.

I was raised in the "Cowboys & Indians" era. We played "shoot'em up" on a regular basis.

Cap guns for Christmas was the norm with few ill societal issues associated and you could order a gun through the mail with no questions of age, etc.

Although I grieve for the families, I also fear a "knee jerk" reaction from our current liberal politicians. They have been sitting quietly awaiting an incident such as this to dissolve some of our freedoms.

How come these incidents always happen in "Gun Free" zones?

they happen in "gun free" zones because there is nobody there to shoot back.[/quote]

17739_493549673999808_860639893_n.jpg

canadian angus said:
What is the requirements to buy a gun in the US? Here if you looked crossways at some one you can't own one.

CA

what is required.. often cash and fill out a form..

but to legally own a gun varies.. for instance.. where I live.. about a half a block from a school I can not "legally" bring a gun to my home or take one from it.. can I legally have one at home.. never been given a straight answer.. so until that time comes when I need one.. I guess I will never know..

as for our other places.. no problems as long as it isn't an "assault" type rifle such as my ruger ranch rifle mini-14,.. a gun I grew up with.. :?

hunting is a bit difficult due to alot of "well-meaning" laws but with a little care you can still hunt around here and enjoy it, ..

hand guns laws are a bit funny.. and you can easily get into a bit of trouble with them.. best to just go to a range to shoot..

illegally about anything is available.. and guns are often used and taken from criminals.. despite the laws..

easy answer,.. the closer to and bigger the city.. the harder to get and keep guns, for the law abiding,.. exact opposite for the criminal..

it is a difficult question to answer.. each state is different and cities have more laws ..

I've purchased literally hundreds of guns over the years (I'm a collector of rifles in particular) and for every one of them I had to fill out a federal form, pay for the service, and wait while a back ground check was made....typically by phone.

I've had a friend or two get turned down due to some violation of the law in the distant past. Get turned down once and it seems it never goes away.

canadian angus said:
What is the requirements to buy a gun in the US? Here if you looked crossways at some one you can't own one.

CA

Down here one can buy any number of guns he chooses from individuals.

To buy from a dealer, a background check is performed through BATF and normally is approved or disapproved within minutes.

Needless to say, the crooks don't buy from dealers if they have a criminal record.

One guilty misdemeanor crime of domestic violence prohibits gun/ammo ownership in the U.S. Even if the crime took place before the law went into effect.

As Canadians we used to be able to buy long guns in the US and bring them back our selves. Now since we aren't in the FBI data base we can't buy from a dealer. At Least not the way we used to. Also Homeland Security doesn't want us to buy 22's and send the to the Taliban so it is not Canadian Customs but US that makes it difficult. :?

Latest posts