• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Say It Ain't So!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

loomixguy

Reaction score
Guess what conference is the best in the nation as we speak, according to SEC analyst and head SEC shill Paul Finebaum? 24/7 Sports has the dirt.

First Cowherd, now Finebaum going off the reservation? Blasphemous! :lol2:

:roll: Like I give a crap what Cowherd or Finebaum says. You're not making yourself look very wise if you do. :lol2:

They get paid for creating controversy, rumor, innuendo and stirring up a stink. Plus meaningless dribble like this.

ESPN blowhard Colin Cowherd has been sent packing after he made some disparaging remarks about Dominicans a few days ago.

"I mean, the Marlins put a general manager in their dugout. People freaked out. You know, like, "Whoa!" It's baseball. You don't think a general manager can manage? Like it's impossible? The game is too complex? Like, I've never bought into that. "Baseball's too complex." Really? A third of the sport is from the Dominican Republic. The Dominican Republic is not been known, in my lifetime, as having, you know, world-class academic abilities. I mean, a lot of those kids come from rough backgrounds, and have not had opportunities academically that other kids from other countries have. Baseball's like any sport. It's mostly instincts.

After much pressure from the MLBPA, ESPN, who had chosen not to re-sign Cowherd, figured it was best to let him go now and not wait until his contract expired.

Via ESPN.COM:

"Colin Cowherd's comments over the past two days do not reflect the values of ESPN or our employees. Colin will no longer appear on ESPN."

He's now Fox's problem to deal with.

Gee. Like he's the first to ever put his foot in his mouth. Remember Jimmy the Greek? Rush Limbaugh? Bottom line, people who are doing live broadcasts occasionally say things that don't sit well with their bosses or viewers/listeners. That doesn't necessarily make EVERYTHING they say false, misleading, or untruthful. Controversy creates cash.

You can rest your case all you want, but when two sports mouthpieces, one a former SEC shill and one a current SEC shill, dump all over the Thug Conference at approximately the same time, there's a pretty good chance they're onto something. And you can bet what they said is causing others to scrutinize the ESECPN a little more closely.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25331439/college-football-conference-power-rankings-sec-leads-the-way

Articles from September 29th & October 8th? Damn, that's really current & on top of things! At least Cowherd's & Finebaum's musings are current & up to date.

You might find it interesting that as far as the total National Championships won by conference, the all mighty Thug Conference totals 29.

The irrelevant B1G has won a total of 39 National Championships.

You really are goofy. First you want an up-to-date post, then you drag out ancient history? WTF?

How many of those 39 B1G championships were awarded to the Hucksters?

Plus, way back when National Championships could be awarded by the local drugstore................ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, since it seems like you live in the past where the Thug Conferences kudos are concerned, I thought a little National Championship trivia was called for. If these titles were just handed out at the Rexall, why doesnt the SEC have more than the B1G? The 5 titles Nebraska earned were counted in the B1G total. Take those away, and the B1G still has more.

Smell the coffee...the SEC ain't what it used to be, and all the Disney money in the world can't change that fact, no matter how much propaganda ESPN puts out.

How many SEC titles in the last 10 years? How many B1G?

Just the numbers will be fine. I don't need your normal jibber-jabber.

You can't judge much of anything without looking at their complete body of work. Richard Petty, ZZ Top, Boston Celtics, etc., maybe haven't done all that much in the last ten years, but that doesn't take away from what they've accomplished in their careers.

There's fixing to be a new sheriff in town as far as CFB conferences go. Whether you like it or not, you better learn to love it, cause the B1G is the best thing going today.

Latest posts