• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Scary Stuff in Alberta!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Glad you guys are safe and that your folks are good. Please take care and we are thinking of ya'll. Wouldnt it be grand if some of all that water could of fallen in Colorado. :?

Talked to the daughter in Sylvan Lake. Her friend with a restoration company in Red Deer is going to Lethbridge to help clean up

for those who can't afford to get a professional crew in,.. we found that by removing the damaged carpet and Sheetrock as soon as reasonably possible stopped alot of the mold..

alot of people found the insulation dried out fairly quick and didn't need as much replacing as first expected..

anything that can hold the water needs to get out asap..

everything else should be washed down with a mixture of water and bleach..
concentrate that at about one foot above the water line down..

it is hard but get the damaged/ ruined stuff out as soon as possible..

and get air into it.. large fans like those used in grainbins is helpful as well...

take care.. and again be safe..

We are thinking of all you guys out west. Kind of makes our snow storm seem like a sunny day after seeing whats happening out where you guys are.

Keep your chins up, and we hope you will all make it through this one, and come out stronger on the other side.

leanin' H said:
Glad you guys are safe and that your folks are good. Please take care and we are thinking of ya'll. Wouldnt it be grand if some of all that water could of fallen in Colorado. :?

Yes, it never seems to hit where it is needed the most. We are well over 4" in last 8 days here. I don't want to sound like we don't want it, because we do and I will never forget what it was like here when we didn't have any, but i would be willing to share some of it if it was possible.

... and what they aren't showing on the news...

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/alberta/Hell+Residents+angry+RCMP+sieze+guns+from+High+River+homes/8588851/story.html#ixzz2XTi7kFc4

Jigger Boss said:
... and what they aren't showing on the news...

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/alberta/Hell+Residents+angry+RCMP+sieze+guns+from+High+River+homes/8588851/story.html#ixzz2XTi7kFc4

Well I happen to know that there are a couple of reporters who are picking up on it and there should be something more in the press shortly.

That has got to be the worst, blatant violation of civil rights that I have seen in my lifetime.

Why do they need a whole freakin army of RCMP on the town's entrances?

Spike belts, for cryin out loud??

Alberta used to be a nice place where we could work together and help each other in our community. It has since become a police state where the nanny looks after us and the police protect us from ourselves getting all messy cleaning up our town. This is beyond stupid. There are area's of town that are accessible, we just would like to go in and start to remediate. The authorities claim we need all the utilities and services before we can go in. Keep in mind this town is populated with farmers and oil patch folks. We are used to working in less than ideal conditions.

Sounds like it is time to elect all new goverment for the provence and changes some laws. What is the rest of the story on why the guns were seized and people not allowed back into town? Who will be paying for all the force entry repairs?

Grandad said:
Very comforting to see the picture of the Queens' Cowboys looking out for us.

The problem is they're just tax paying white folks if that was an Indian reserve it would be a different story.

Latest posts