• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

schaff Angus Valley

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jtg

Reaction score
Did anyone go to the sale on Saturday? IF so, how did it go. They have great bulls from top to bottom but can get pretty spendy for the average cowman. I bought a couple last year for the first time and really, really like them!

I haven't seen anything yet but if you check www.angusproductions.com/api_salering.html you should find the results in the next few days.

I am interested to find out how well they did. I missed the sale this year but went the two previous years. I really like their cattle, but they can get a little big for us I think. I used 004 and really like the heifers I kept out of him. That was a neat sale in '05 when the sold the hide out of those 004 bulls for an avergae of $9500 and had quite a few of them.

Son was there, some good, some so so and some cheap bulls! The good ones were worth the trip but at times the rails had to be deep or a derailment could happen and you can read between the rails! CA

I used to buy bulls from SAV until I woke up and realized what they were doing to my cowherd. The easiest way to gain a frame score and a couple hundred pounds was by using there bulls.

This was 7 or 8 years ago so things could have changed in the meantime. The last year I went was in 1999 and they had a 1650 pound yearling bull. Tell me that not gonna give ya big cows. That was then and not now, I'm not tryin to pick a fight.

I would say that you are correct about adding frame size, Badroute. The 004 heifers and bred heifers I have are going to be a bit framy, but they also show good muscle pattern, udders, and the bred heifers by him are milking well so far. They are by no means extreme, but big enough.

Latest posts