• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Scouting trip with rattlesnake sidebar

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
Me and Mrs. H had Grandma watch the kids and we went scouting early this morning. The sun just touching the top of Lion Rock.
DSCF0001-25.jpg

Looking west toward the west desert which is handy! If not then my compass is off! :wink:
DSCF0002-25.jpg

The gal with the tag for an October hunt. It was 50 this morning and she likes warm weather. We saw lots of country and deer but only a couple of decent bucks. Bowhunters have been chasing them pretty hard.
DSCF0003-22.jpg

The country is rocky but beautiful. Bucks get the chance to grow old and big if you are willing to find them. They definately have "home Feild advantage"!
DSCF0004-25.jpg

Lots of country and all of it is perfect habitat for deer.
DSCF0012-18.jpg

The best buck we saw today. Needs two more years to grow up. Still was fun to see him! :D
DSCF0010-20.jpg

On the way down the canyon on the 4 wheeler we smelled something dead. Our neighbors run cattle there so we did some looking for the source of the putrid smell. Mrs. H almost stepped on this blankety blank rattlesnake! :shock: It wouldn't buzz at all. She hollered and went over and took care of it. Here's the amazing part! It was in the process of giving birth! :shock: The little snake is on the right.
DSCF0016-13.jpg

Here's a closer view. One snake was born already and the other is still getting there in the red colored sack! I HATE SNAKES! My snake pistol paid for itself today!
DSCF0018-13.jpg

all these buck pictures showing up lately are not going to make huntin' season get here any sooner :( great shots of the country and GREAT shot on the snake. i'm not a snake fan either, i don' t care if they can hurt a guy or not. a good snake is a dead snake.

Never could find the source of the dead critter. But after the snake episode in was seeing snakes under every sage brush and quit looking. Lets have a Ranchers.net deer hunt. We could all get together at deer camp and have a blast! :D Maybe at Ned's place? :wink:

leanin' H said:
Never could find the source of the dead critter. But after the snake episode in was seeing snakes under every sage brush and quit looking. Lets have a Ranchers.net deer hunt. We could all get together at deer camp and have a blast! :D Maybe at Ned's place? :wink:

that sounds like a hell of an idea. Ned's place as my vote as well. :D :wink:

I can be the cook. Remember I cooked for that hunting camp last year.
Oh ya, don't foget: the tips were good., very good! :wink: :lol: :lol: :p

I had neve seen a snake give birth before, H. I don't know whether
to thank you or not! :shock: :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts