• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Screams of the Gros Ventre Sasquatch

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
The screams of the Gros Ventre Sasquatch. Years ago, my father -in-law drew a big horn sheep tag. He borrowed a couple horses, a Kitchen horse pack and a couple more pack saddles and Panyards. I had the ranch horses and a pack saddle. We Drove up the Gros Ventre Road to a tail head packed up and went up into some higher country. It was pretty dark time camp was set up. I hobbled all the horses and put on a couple bells. Well in the middle of the night we heard the bells running off. I didn't feel like chasing horses a foot. The next morning there was 3 horses in camp, My FIL and the ones he barrowed. Hay, they were sulking as they had no idea how to move in figure eight hobbles. Well, My FIL took his horse and went hunt Big Horn Sheep. Sue and I went horse hunting. After 3 day we knew the upper Gros Vente rather well. Sue and her dad rode out take the horse I been riding to pack in more supplies. They hired a plane and the next rainy morning it flew over camp and dropped a plastic sack with a topo map and said the Horses were down at the cow herders cabin corrals. It rained all day and I ditched around the wall tent to try and keep it dry. That afternoon the cowherder and his Girlfriend lead my ponies into camp I switched out halters and tied them up, they had buddied up with his cavy of hobbled out horses. Well, evening came around and all the riding I been doing had not been very gentle on my Hemorrhoids. I dig out the first aid kit , there nothing but gauze , tape band aids a suture kit a bottle of dried up corroded methanolate, and a tube of Mentholatum. Well hurting, not able to sleep. I washed myself up cleaned up as much blood as I could dried myself off and twisted off the cap and spread the Mentholatum over the bleeding open tissue. Oh the scream! , The terrified horses pulled back on their halter ropes , just pulling the knots tighter , nothing broke. The coyotes stopped howling and owl stopped hooting and the babble of the creek even quit it's babble. total quiet and restful sleep . But I was healed up the next day when Sue and her dad got back to camp.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Jody you're the toughest guy I know. Of all the things to treat yourself with, mentholated ointment would of been the last thing for me. I'd just hung my hind quarters in the creek. Great story. 😁

Latest posts