• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

SDSGA Ken Knuppe Corrected on Open Fields Doctrine

Help Support Ranchers.net:

You talk of a conspiracy theory--- I guess I just don't get it. Is there one? I just want my right to privacy and if by allowing hunting I give up my right to privacy and am considered a landowner who would conduct criminal activity-- there will be no hunting. That's my choice.

I also find it hard to believe by buying a license to hunt you give probable cause for a compliance check.

Why is it so hard for a CO to come in ask who is hunting and if they can check licenses?

SJ: "Why is it so hard for a CO to come in ask who is hunting and if they can check licenses?"

Those who are abiding by the laws would grant permission and those who are not abiding by the laws would not grant permission.

~SH~

I think it is ridiculous to consider all landowners criminals over a compliance check without first giving them them a chance. If they deny, the CO could get a WARRANT but he probably should have a pretty good reason or probable cause not just a compliance check. To say some one who denies permission is conducting illegal activity is guilty until proven innocent. Maybe the hunt is in progress and he feels there is a better time or other reasons other than criminal activity.

Come on SH this is wrong and a invasion of rights.

There is a small percentage of illegal activity in all walks of life, that includes CO's.

Latest posts