• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Secret Service visits 7th grader

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
Seems Jigs friends thought their time was well spent visiting this 7th grader. You can't be too careful......

6:36 PM PDT, May 16, 2011

TACOMA
Advertisement

A Tacoma seventh grader faced federal interrogation at school for what he posted on his Facebook page. His mom said it all happened without her knowledge or permission.

Timi Robertson said she had just finished lunch with a friend Friday when she got a phone call from her son's school.

"I answered it, and it's the school security guard who's giving me a heads up that the Secret Service is here with the Tacoma Police Department and they have Vito and they're talking to him," Robertson said.

After Osama bin Laden was killed, 13-year-old Vito LaPinta posted an update to his Facebook status that got the Feds attention.

"I was saying how Osama was dead and for Obama to be careful because there could be suicide bombers," says LaPinta.

A week later, while Vito was in his fourth period class, he was called in to the principal's office.

"A man walked in with a suit and glasses and he said he was part of the Secret Service," LaPinta said. "He told me it was because of a post I made that indicated I was a threat toward the President."

The Tacoma school district acknowledged a Secret Service agent questioned Vito and that it was a security guard who called Vito's mom because the principal was on another call. The school district said they didn't wait for Vito's mother to get there because they thought she didn't take the phone call seriously.

"That's a blatant lie," Robertson said.

The teen's mom says she rushed to Truman Middle School immediately and arrived to discover her son had already been questioned for half an hour.

"I just about lost it," she said. "My 13 year-old son is supposed to be safe and secure in his classroom and he's being interrogated without my knowledge or consent privately."

The seventh grader said that once his mom showed up, the agent finished the interview and told him he was not in any trouble. Now he's more careful about what he posts online.

His mother says she isn't financially able to take legal action but hopes her family's story raises awareness about the treatment she said her son endured.

The Seattle branch of the Secret Service did not respond to requests for comment.

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-secret-service-the-feds-question-a-tacoma-seventh-grader-for-a-facebook-comment-about-president-obama-and-suicide-bombers-20110516,0,5762882.story

it is getting out of hand.... Obama is a joke, he sucks as a President, and is a commie who hates America...yet these guys are paid to protect him...i feel sorry for the Secret Service...

This kid related to you jigs??? Seems to have the same problems with OAM Syndrome like you do.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

no, but he seems like a good American kid, making a statement that got blown out of porportion, just like what happened to me....if Obama was not black, or a muslim, they would not be jumping to conclusions like they are...it is racial profiling...the white man can say nothing about a black or muslim today with out being harrassed...

I wonder what the difference is in number of investigations and cost of tax payer dollars for this president vs the last few since the invention of online posting?

This brings to mind the 13 yr. old I saw, on I believe, a 60 min segment quite a few yrs. ago. The boy, a Florida resident, was asked if he would kill someone for $5000? Without hesitation he said "Sure".

It seems this boy was innocent of wanting to do harm to anyone. I didn't realize you had to have a parent's permission to question a student. This would be detrimental to determing any abuse problems at home.

TSR said:
This brings to mind the 13 yr. old I saw, on I believe, a 60 min segment quite a few yrs. ago. The boy, a Florida resident, was asked if he would kill someone for $5000? Without hesitation he said "Sure".

It seems this boy was innocent of wanting to do harm to anyone. I didn't realize you had to have a parent's permission to question a student. This would be detrimental to determing any abuse problems at home.

Wasn't that 13 yr old a gang banger??? I seem to recall that he was tied up in a gang, not that it makes anydifference but morals seem to be lower with that group, just saying!!

hopalong said:
TSR said:

Wasn't that 13 yr old a gang banger??? I seem to recall that he was tied up in a gang, not that it makes anydifference but morals seem to be lower with that group, just saying!!

He may have been. He was Latino as I recall, that's about all I remember, except the fact of the $5000 for murdering someone.

Latest posts