• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Selling Out - Planning to Move

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Broke Cowboy

Reaction score
Wife and I have decided to get out of here. We are in in the east and want to return to our home in the west. We drove out west last September and realized that we were in the wrong part of the world.

So we have sold all the equipment and animals and the land is next.

We are looking for something in southern Saskatchewan, south or western Alberta or the north half of British Columbia. Nothing south of 100 Mile House. That part of the world is too limp wristed for us. It does not have to be fancy and it does not have to be luxurious. It just needs to be inside 45 minutes to town and be in a nicer part of the world than here.

The company I work for has decided to fire me if I move. Even though I have not been in the office for more than a year and they could use a representative out west. We have decided that will not stop us!

We have a couple of offers on the farm here and could walk away with about $700K in the bank if all goes well. We are looking for a place with a house, a shop and about 100 acres minimum.

Time will tell if we are successful at this but I have had it with eastern Ontario. The military moved us here and we developed this place for the past 20 years. But, the attitude and the politics and the people have changed. Not for the better. So it is time to go before we are too old to do so.

About the only thing stopping us now is the sale of the farm. If it goes this summer, then so do we!

Wish us luck!!!!

Best to all,

Broke Cowboy

Good luck finding what you're looking for, BC. Lots of people moving in this country, too. In fact, I've never heard of so many people looking to just completely change their lives and uproot. People are getting out of the dirty cities and the commie states and moving to more rural areas. And they'll undoubtedly change those areas and screw them up, too.

700,000 wont go far in southern Alberta. I would be looking in SK.
What's your idea of town? Size wise?

Wife and I have decided to get out of here. We are in in the east and want to return to our home in the west. We drove out west last September and realized that we were in the wrong part of the world.

So we have sold all the equipment and animals and the land is next.

We are looking for something in southern Saskatchewan, south or western Alberta or the north half of British Columbia. Nothing south of 100 Mile House. That part of the world is too limp wristed for us. It does not have to be fancy and it does not have to be luxurious. It just needs to be inside 45 minutes to town and be in a nicer part of the world than here.

The company I work for has decided to fire me if I move. Even though I have not been in the office for more than a year and they could use a representative out west. We have decided that will not stop us!

We have a couple of offers on the farm here and could walk away with about $700K in the bank if all goes well. We are looking for a place with a house, a shop and about 100 acres minimum.

Time will tell if we are successful at this but I have had it with eastern Ontario. The military moved us here and we developed this place for the past 20 years. But, the attitude and the politics and the people have changed. Not for the better. So it is time to go before we are too old to do so.

About the only thing stopping us now is the sale of the farm. If it goes this summer, then so do we!

Wish us luck!!!!

Best to all,

Broke Cowboy
GOOD LUCK!! If you go to SK and the border is opened, it wouldn't be too far to visit. We are wanting to see our Canadian friends from the last trip we made there, which was 2010, I think. So many good people on here that we were so fortunate to meet!!!

Keep us posted and I sure understand why you would want OUT of where you are. The west, both US and Canada, is filling up with people like you.

I agree with Red Robin. The west will be fortunate to have you!

700,000 wont go far in southern Alberta. I would be looking in SK.
What's your idea of town? Size wise?
We are downsizing. We have sold all the cows and all the sheep. Just want enough land to run a couple head and to grow a garden. House does not have to be perfect as we are "handy folks" and I simply want my wife to be happy. BUt, it must have a shop for me.
Her rules apply - 45 minutes to a hardware store or a hospital and it is good - town size does not matter as long as we can get away from it! LOL
What she wants she will get.
All the best

GOOD LUCK!! If you go to SK and the border is opened, it wouldn't be too far to visit. We are wanting to see our Canadian friends from the last trip we made there, which was 2010, I think. So many good people on here that we were so fortunate to meet!!!

Keep us posted and I sure understand why you would want OUT of where you are. The west, both US and Canada, is filling up with people like you.

I agree with Red Robin. The west will be fortunate to have you!
We lived in the west for most of our lives - the military moved us here and we once thought it would be a good place. Those thoughts have changed and for good reason - so we are planning on coming home!

Attachments

• 529.JPG
    529.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 60
Ya, you might want to rethink that 45 minutes to a hospital.We are 40 minutes. You can bleed out an awful lot in 40 minutes.
Thank the lord for helicopters. In our country it's a long way by ambulance to a hospital in an emergency. Since Life Flight came along, it's sure saved a lot of folks

Ya, you might want to rethink that 45 minutes to a hospital.We are 40 minutes. You can bleed out an awful lot in 40 minutes.
I agree but that is something that I have experienced many times as a medi-vac pilot while in the military. Nearly all of BC is covered by the military and several real good outfits in various cities. Besides, I like the wilds. And so does the other half.

You have mentioned that in the past. 🤣😂😅

But I remember she held everything together when you were gone.
Wishing you both the very best. Keep us posted!
It is hard to believe when I look back now but she was alone for the best part of six years. In that time we saw each other one Christmas, ten days in Israel and ten days in London England.
She is "Wonder Woman!"
(But do not tell her I said that! LOL!!!)

It is hard to believe when I look back now but she was alone for the best part of six years. In that time we saw each other one Christmas, ten days in Israel and ten days in London England.
She is "Wonder Woman!"
(But do not tell her I said that! LOL!!!)

As my Grandma said to the boys in the family, "Stay single and you will be nothing more than a ranchhand, a mere cowboy, but marry the right woman and you will become a successful rancher."

Latest posts