• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sen. Apa blasts Rounds, Adelstein and GF&P in RCJ

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Liberty Belle

Reaction score
Arms twisted

I need to clarify some erroneous statements in Sen. Adelstein's April 21 letter to the editor. Sen. Adelstein states there wasn't any arm-twisting to defeat SB 122, making him the only member out of 105 senators and representatives that didn't see or hear of the intense and extensive lobbying to defeat SB 122 by both the governor's staff and the Game, Fish & Park staff.

The fact is, plain and simple, the executive branch did not want SB 122 passed out of the House.

Sen. Adelstein further states that Sen. Napoli and his friends killed the governor's solution to the GF&P communication problem. The amendment, in Joint Appropriations to deny the GF&P 12 new employees, passed 13-5. Obviously, an overwhelming majority on the committee knew that the new slots were not warranted.

In fact, since fiscal year '02, the last fiscal year before the present administration took office, GF&P has been budgeted for and hired an additional 44 employees the past three budget cycles.

I think GF&P had the available personnel to address the communications problem they have created with their over-zealous use of the open fields doctrine.

State Sen. JERRY APA

Chairman, Senate Appropriations Committee

Lead
May 1, 2005

I especially like this sentence from Senator Apa: "I think GF&P had the available personnel to address the communications problem they have created with their over-zealous use of the open fields doctrine."

G&P has a communications problem? Big time! Gov. Rounds has the same problem.

Over-zealous? Oh, yeah!!

Latest posts