• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

senate passes bankruptcy bill

Help Support Ranchers.net:

ez now

Reaction score
Well lets hear it republicans, Every thing is as plain as the nose on your face, But you keep coming up with exciting answers. The senate passed a bankruptcy bill Thursday which only benefits corporate america,( the banks, ) The democrats attempted to ease the impact of the legislation on people facing huge debts they cannot pay down, including single parents,the unemployed,and the ill. but this was knocked down by the republicans.

People better wake up and look whats happening and quit selling our kids and our grand kids future away.

The senate also handed the wall street investment firms a bonus by knocking out the restrictions the democrats wanted that would have restricted their ability to work for companys before and after they file for bankruptcy. They even acted against the advice of security and exchange commision chairman William Donaldson who said these restrictions was needed to build confidence of the investers that was lost due to Enron, Worldcom, and the likes.
This is nothing short but a slap in the face to the poor and middle class working people of the country.
Who will pay off investers of big corporations when they go bankrupt. remember Enron, did you see the pay of the executives, No wander they went belly up you think they will have to pay anything back. NO
LIKE I SAID PEOPLE, YOU BETTER WAKE UP AND LOOK AT WHATS HAPPENING.
Just read several newspapers and watch several different news networks you will see the picture.

What in the world does Enron have to do with this?

Who gets hit the hardest from the interest rates charged by Credit Cards to high risk customers? The poor! Why are these rates so high? Because of the number of bankruptcies and uncollectible debts. What will happen if there's less risk to card companies, and other lenders for that matter? Rates will decrease for those people who borrow on these cards. It's mostly the people who abuse credit, gamble excessively, will not budget, abuse drugs and alcohol, and generally do not take responsibility for their actions who really make it tougher for the low income people who are doing the right thing by keeping up with their payments and trying to get ahead.

Now please waist your time telling me of some sob story which really won't change the facts at all.

ez now said:
Well lets hear it republicans, Every thing is as plain as the nose on your face, But you keep coming up with exciting answers. The senate passed a bankruptcy bill Thursday which only benefits corporate america,( the banks, ) The democrats attempted to ease the impact of the legislation on people facing huge debts they cannot pay down, including single parents,the unemployed,and the ill. but this was knocked down by the republicans.

People better wake up and look whats happening and quit selling our kids and our grand kids future away.

The senate also handed the wall street investment firms a bonus by knocking out the restrictions the democrats wanted that would have restricted their ability to work for companys before and after they file for bankruptcy. They even acted against the advice of security and exchange commision chairman William Donaldson who said these restrictions was needed to build confidence of the investers that was lost due to Enron, Worldcom, and the likes.
This is nothing short but a slap in the face to the poor and middle class working people of the country.
Who will pay off investers of big corporations when they go bankrupt. remember Enron, did you see the pay of the executives, No wander they went belly up you think they will have to pay anything back. NO
Just read several newspapers and watch several different news networks you will see the picture.

If you owe it, you owe it forever.............Bankruptcy laws are a hoax and the Republicans are right on by voting this in. I don't give a hoot if you make $10k a year or 500k a year, makes no difference.

Cal said:
What in the world does Enron have to do with this?

Who gets hit the hardest from the interest rates charged by Credit Cards to high risk customers? The poor! Why are these rates so high? Because of the number of bankruptcies and uncollectible debts. What will happen if there's less risk to card companies, and other lenders for that matter? Rates will decrease for those people who borrow on these cards. It's mostly the people who abuse credit, gamble excessively, will not budget, abuse drugs and alcohol, and generally do not take responsibility for their actions who really make it tougher for the low income people who are doing the right thing by keeping up with their payments and trying to get ahead.

Now please waist your time telling me of some sob story which really won't change the facts at all.
You got it Cal, Im waiting for high interest, homeowners insurance, automobile insurance,and hospitalization all to drastically reduce after all the caps are put on lawsuits and this bankruptcy bill takes off.

Bull Burger said:
ez now said:

If you owe it, you owe it forever.............Bankruptcy laws are a hoax and the Republicans are right on by voting this in. I don't give a hoot if you make $10k a year or 500k a year, makes no difference.
Bullberger lets all pray that we dont have a sick child that runs up medical bills several hundred thousand dollars over and above what our insurance covers. Dont think for 1 minute it cant happen, And only then my friend, Will you realize how important this subject is.

ez now said:
Bullberger lets all pray that we dont have a sick child that runs up medical bills several hundred thousand dollars over and above what our insurance covers. Dont think for 1 minute it cant happen, And only then my friend, Will you realize how important this subject is.
And it would be unfair to ask someone to make monthly payments to the hypothetical hospital? You seem to be under the impression that bankruptcies will be eliminated, which is not the case. I'd like to post this paragraph from the LA Times which makes a very important point:

This bill establishes unprecedented protections for child support and alimony, making bankruptcy part of the enforcement system for women and children, who now will be at the head of the line, in front of every other creditor. Is this bill perfect? No. But over several congresses it has earned the kind of bipartisan consensus only balanced legislation can achieve.

You got it Cal, Im waiting for high interest, homeowners insurance, automobile insurance,and hospitalization all to drastically reduce after all the caps are put on lawsuits and this bankruptcy bill takes off.[/quote]

Wonderful! I knew you'd see the light.

Latest posts