• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

SH does it again

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Beefman said:
Sandhusker said:
Creekstone gets their animals from their own network of suppliers in the US. They run a tight ship, controlling even the genetics. They don't go out in the market and buy.

You might want to update your Creekstone file. They procure cattle for natural and non natural branded beef on the open spot market. Most, if not all their needs are procured this way.Closer to you, geographically connect the dots between Grand Island, Columbus, Lincoln and Fairbury. Ask anyone in that area if Creekstone occassionally buys off the showlist on the spot market in this area (they do). Ask them if Creekstone questions the genetic background (they don't, all they care about is that they're painted black).

Beefman, you got me on that one. I was reading on their Angus program and incorrectly applied that to their entire operation. However, according to Kevin Ledford of Creekstone, they have NEVER bought Canadian cattle.

Sandhusker said:
Beefman said:
Sandhusker said:
Creekstone gets their animals from their own network of suppliers in the US. They run a tight ship, controlling even the genetics. They don't go out in the market and buy.

You might want to update your Creekstone file. They procure cattle for natural and non natural branded beef on the open spot market. Most, if not all their needs are procured this way.Closer to you, geographically connect the dots between Grand Island, Columbus, Lincoln and Fairbury. Ask anyone in that area if Creekstone occassionally buys off the showlist on the spot market in this area (they do). Ask them if Creekstone questions the genetic background (they don't, all they care about is that they're painted black).

Beefman, you got me on that one. I was reading on their Angus program and incorrectly applied that to their entire operation. However, according to Kevin Ledford of Creekstone, they have NEVER bought Canadian cattle.

What kind of proof is that Sandy. we want actual facts and figures a phone call isn't good enough for proof. I showed where they wanted to buy Canadian cattle not that they ever bought any just that they wanted the ability to buy Canadian cattle. Come on Sandhusker prove me wrong. Just send the check to NCBA

BMR, "What kind of proof is that Sandy. we want actual facts and figures a phone call isn't good enough for proof. I showed where they wanted to buy Canadian cattle not that they ever bought any just that they wanted the ability to buy Canadian cattle. Come on Sandhusker prove me wrong. Just send the check to NCBA"

What was the bet?

Sandhusker said:
BMR, "What kind of proof is that Sandy. we want actual facts and figures a phone call isn't good enough for proof. I showed where they wanted to buy Canadian cattle not that they ever bought any just that they wanted the ability to buy Canadian cattle. Come on Sandhusker prove me wrong. Just send the check to NCBA"

What was the bet?

Heck if I know i just got caught up in the moment with these $100 dollar bills being thrown around by you and SH.. :cowboy:

I did prove that creekstone want the USDA to allow them to import Canadian cattle to test for the export market while the border was closed to the rest of the industry except for boxed beef, to which they had no supply because they had no killing plants in Canada . That fact put them at a disadvantage to Tyson and Cargill who had the ability to ship Canadian boxed beef to their US plants. A advantage given to them by the closing of the border and added to by R-CALF dragging out the opening of the border. Boy with friends like R-CALF who needs enemies.

I guess the point is you said Creekstone never bought or wanted to buy Canadian cattle And I proved they did.. Also you offered a phone call for proof but won't accept that from anyone else.

BMR, "Also you offered a phone call for proof but won't accept that from anyone else."

If I had a bet on Creekstone, I would dang sure have some proof other than a phone call.

Do you think SH's phone call satifies the bet?

Sandhusker said:
BMR, "Also you offered a phone call for proof but won't accept that from anyone else."

If I had a bet on Creekstone, I would dang sure have some proof other than a phone call.

Do you think SH's phone call satifies the bet?

Yes with all the other information he put forward and from other scources I feel if you won't take his word then make the call yourself and settle it.
Do remember I am the one that phoned Pat Goggins and reported what I found out even tho I wasn't what I thought the answer would be.

Sandman (previous): "Creekstone gets their animals from their own network of suppliers in the US. They run a tight ship, controlling even the genetics. They don't go out in the market and buy."

How ironic that you would post inaccurate information on a thread you started about posting inaccurate information. If that doesn't beat all!

Sandman: "However, according to Kevin Ledford of Creekstone, they have NEVER bought Canadian cattle."

That was certainly their intent though or they lied to USDA.

When I made the statement regarding Canadian cattle being a "primary" source for Creekstone, it was based on the following information, posted by Big Muddy, that I had read previously:

We ask that the USDA reverse its decision of last week and allow Creekstone Farms to test our beef for BSE. In addition, Creekstone Farms is asking for USDA approval of the following secondary options:

* Expand the USDA's surveillance program to involve 1 million head of young animals.

* Approve the procedure whereby Creekstone Farms is allowed to ship brain stem samples to Japan for BSE testing in their laboratories.

* Approve Kansas State University as an official USDA laboratory with direction to establish Creekstone Farms as a satellite laboratory.

* Approve the purchase of young Canadian cattle that would be BSE tested at our processing plant in Arkansas City, Kansas.

Those were Creekstone's OWN WORDS Sandman!

Perhaps I misunderstood their intent here but I remember the buzz about the hyporisy of R-CULT supporting Creekstone when Creekstone wanted to approve the purchase of young Canadian cattle.

Perhaps "PRIMARY" was not an accurate word to depict Creekstone's intent here but whether or not they are "KNOWINGLY" buying Canadian cattle is irrelevant to the fact that they obviously planned to.

Can you at least acknowledge the fact that this statement by Creekstone certainly left the impression that Canadian cattle would be an integral part of Creekstone's plans? Probably not!

~SH~

Here is why Creekstone wanted to import live CDN. Cattle, slaughter them, test them, and export them to Japan.

"In considering greater beef sales to Asia, trade sources report the difficulty of developing the Japanese market. Japanese buyers are becoming ever-more selective in product purchasing and increasing sales of Alberta's barley-fed beef - reportedly a whiter, leaner, sweeter product - is expected to take several years."

This is from a 1996 USDA report. You can read the whole thing here....

http://www.fas.usda.gov/dlp2/circular/1996/96-11/canada.html

:lol: :lol:

SH, "Can you at least acknowledge the fact that this statement by Creekstone certainly left the impression that Canadian cattle would be an integral part of Creekstone's plans? Probably not! "

I'll admit it appeared Canadian cattle were in their plans. You stretched it greatly with "primary" and again with "integral".

Latest posts