• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

sheep moved up ont the hill pasture

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
IMG_4726.jpg

IMG_4731.jpg

IMG_4734.jpg

the lamb is standing in the grass
IMG_4739.jpg

oh boy rocks to play on
IMG_4740.jpg

wonder if whilly Coyote has clocked in yet???
IMG_4741.jpg

glad to get out of that wet meadow
IMG_4746.jpg

from on top while fixing fence
IMG_4747.jpg

can see the river out of its banks
IMG_4748.jpg

looking down the draw

Jody, I am glad you are man enough to admit to being a sheep herder! LOL I am sure there are some closet sheepmen on here. I used to hay for a huge sheep outfit. guy always told me. "We run some cattle for pride, but sheep is what butters our bread"

jeff in ca said:
Jody, I am glad you are man enough to admit to being a sheep herder! LOL I am sure there are some closet sheepmen on here. I used to hay for a huge sheep outfit. guy always told me. "We run some cattle for pride, but sheep is what butters our bread"
Dad got a few ewes from hus Uncle Gene years ago for a farm Flock after Gene hae had his own sheep company. He was partnered with Covey, Bagley , Datyon out of Ckeville Wyoming, that out fit ran tens of thousands of ewes. Well thier ram flock in te summer was bigger then alot of sheep out have ewes today.

Thanks for all your photos Jody. You have grass and water, that Meadow Foxtail will be lapping it up as long as it doesn't stay to long. Won't be nice to cut when it's lodged but your crop should be good.

Lambs look really good. Coyote got one of ours yesterday morning. Penned the sheep overnight and the .204 caught the poor little morning housewife while she was shopping this morning. :wink: Now we'll see if the single father is a shopper or a deadbeat dad.

One thing you mentioned about your cows, did you keep some govt. grass?

Lambs look really good. Coyote got one of ours yesterday morning. Penned the sheep overnight and the .204 caught the poor little morning housewife while she was shopping this morning. Now we'll see if the single father is a shopper or a deadbeat dad.

Shootings, theft and family issues. All the same societal problem we have in more densely populated areas. :? :shock:

per said:
Lambs look really good. Coyote got one of ours yesterday morning. Penned the sheep overnight and the .204 caught the poor little morning housewife while she was shopping this morning. Now we'll see if the single father is a shopper or a deadbeat dad.

Shootings, theft and family issues. All the same societal problem we have in more densely populated areas. :? :shock:

:lol: :lol:

ahh, my ideal retirement, some sheep infested gopher pasture and a good flat shooting rifle(.204). heaven on earth :D :D :D :D

per said:

down to half a herd of cows at home, the out fit that bought my permit hauled 12 semi loads in to fill out my old permit sand his , he got the whole side to his self plus has 40 pair on the other side of the moutain.

Jodywy, how are the wool prices over there? the commercials hardly cover the cost of shearing here, the rare breeds make a margin because of the premium paid by hobby spinners.
If I keep any for myself again, I am goin toward Easycare or Dorper breeds.

andybob said:
Jodywy, how are the wool prices over there? the commercials hardly cover the cost of shearing here, the rare breeds make a margin because of the premium paid by hobby spinners.
If I keep any for myself again, I am goin toward Easycare or Dorper breeds.
Mine is course got $1.47/lb for the white, Think around 65 cents for the black face. have heard of some range flocks with really fine wool getting well over $3/lb this year

Category 2011
Loan Rate, Effective Repayment Rate, LDP Rate Week of 6/15/11
Graded Wool ,CLEAN PRICES in $ per pound
<18.6 Micron 3.88 7.92 Not Available
18.6-19.5 3.38 6.65 Not Available
19.6-20.5 2.94 5.68 Not Available
20.6-22.0 2.72 5.29 Not Available
22.1-23.5 2.56 4.83 Not Available
23.6-25.9 2.33 3.65 Not Available
26.0-28.9 1.78 2.37 Not Available
> 29 Micron 1.38 1.90 Not Available
GREASE PRICES in $ per pound