• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

shelter belt help-come on you guys/girls

Help Support Ranchers.net:

No such luck on gettin the rail road to build a fence..but hey..Im not complainin. Bettern than dealin with the nat'l forest service with the fence that joins the back side. They threaten if we even cut down a twig on their side of the fence we could get fined..and possibly jail time. And they won't furnish materials at all....so the railroad is much more pleasant to deal with. I'ts not too bad pullin posts either. our ground is so soft here...just hook a chain around post and use the hay fork on back of tractor. just tedious werk..hook n un hook...over n over lol...usually ends up bein "my job"

Good luck with your fence. By the way do you know where I can buy about 300 feet of 10 inch dia. post hole? You may try to get the rail road to furnish that too.

Alabama....we've got several hundred feet of dry well you can have for the cost of removal and shipping. Should make lots of post holes!! :wink:

cowsense said:
Alabama....we've got several hundred feet of dry well you can have for the cost of removal and shipping. Should make lots of post holes!! :wink:

But he would have to have a "HOLE" saw to cut those wells up into post holes. From what I understand they are hard to keep sharp. :roll:

Mike said:
cowsense said:

But he would have to have a "HOLE" saw to cut those wells up into post holes. From what I understand they are hard to keep sharp. :roll:

I have a load of post holes on my trailer right now. :cowboy:

Big Muddy rancher said:
Mike said:
cowsense said:

I have a load of post holes on my trailer right now. :cowboy:

Are they heavy? Last postholes I bought were very light. Hardly knew they were on the trailer. Had to tie them down to keep them from blowing off.

you guys are just TOO funny!! i haven't had a chance since sunday to check this, but i would think, mike and ALA, that the kudzu would keep your fences up; and all the rest of you jokers, well, if you'all lived on the great hill country of NE nebraska, or you all in canada, we KNOW what shelterbelts are and how useful they can be.
for example: my house is on the east side of a hill running west to east, about a 20 degree slope, runs north to south about a 5 degree slope (these are all WILD slope est, BTW). i have shelter belts on the top of the slope to the west, and to the north --the north is the one i'm concerned about. seems like a lot of trash is growing under the canopy, including, god forbid, the ubiquitus (sp?) mulberry.
anyway, the best way i've found for killing mulberry is to chop off as far below ground as i can get, then salt the remaining root. doesn't grow back. better stop or you'll get tired of me :roll:

Post holes weigh out pretty good as long as you keep em froze :!: Could be a problem getting them down to Alabam. I could find a couple of ole boys that will deliver just for the cost of their trip! Send directions ! :wink:

i was gonna say that a person should be able to load the h#ll out of 'em to get a load, carry a WHOLE BUNCH on a truck, no DOT troubles!

Latest posts