• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Shop Sears

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
I received this in an email and I thought it should be shared here.

Sears - Christmas shopping this year.

It's amazing when you think of how long the war has lasted and Sears hasn't withdrawn from their commitment. Could we each buy at least one thing at Sears this year?

How does Sears treat its employees who are called up for military duty? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up for active duty.

Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years.

I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears at least once, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement & feedback it well deserves.

Pass it on.

I decided to check this before I sent it forward. So I sent the following e-mail to the Sears Customer Service Department:

I received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your company. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item, even if it's cheaper at that store.

This is their answer to my e-mail:
Dear Customer:

Thank you for contacting Sears.The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback.

Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

Bill Thorn
Sears Customer Care
[email protected]
1-800-349-4358

Please pass this on to all your friends. Sears needs to be recognized for this outstanding contribution and we need to show them as Americans, we do appreciate what they are doing for our military!!!

It's verified ! By Snopes.com<http://snopes.com/>; at:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/sears.asp

They are hopefully delivering a dryer and hot water heater today! I didn't know that about them, makes me happy I bought stuff from them!

Good for you, Nicky.

We got a call yesterday from the VFW for a donation, which we
do donate to. The fella said that with the pull-out of Iraq, they
were going to be stretched to the max and they don't get any
government help, what they are able to do is all based on donations.
I asked how the reception was when he called people and he
said it was great.

My question is, "why are we giving foreign aid to countries that
hate us, when we aren't doing all we can for our veterans?"

Well, this will probably get moved to PB, if so, I guess so
be it. I might pose this question there anyway.

maybe we all could buy something actually made in north america not just assembled here not just an american company importing something and then putting their name on it but something actually made here.

if SEARS has it all the better

P.S. maybe something not made out of plastic that might last more than 2or 3 months down the road

FH, I remembered this thread when I saw this on another website, thoght you and others may be interested in knowing.....

Pilot Flying J also offers full differential pay and benefits for anyone who leaves employment for active/reserve military service. Here is the background story, which I think says a LOT about the family who owns Pilot.

I walked into the office of the CEO, Jimmy Haslam, on September 12th, 2001 and told him we would likely have a number of employees called to service in the light of the attacks of the prior day. (I was/am in the HR department for Pilot and am also a veteran so I was looking at this with dual interests.) I told him about our obligations under USERRA RE holding positions, etc., but that in some cases the military pay and benefits would fall short of Pilot pay. Jimmy said, without hesitation, "Make anyone like that whole." This sounds reflexively patriotic, and it is. More remarkable to the people who know well our CEO, is that he did not ask for one byte of data, not one report on numbers of EEs it would impact, possible financial effect, etc. If you know our CEO, the fact that he would make such an immediate decision reflects upon his regard for the military and his instinct to do, as we say in Pilot "The right thing."

We need to publicize employers who are so civic minded.

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2011/11/02/another-company-that-stands-by-its-soldiers/

Faster horses said:
I received this in an email and I thought it should be shared here.

Sears - Christmas shopping this year.

It's amazing when you think of how long the war has lasted and Sears hasn't withdrawn from their commitment. Could we each buy at least one thing at Sears this year?

How does Sears treat its employees who are called up for military duty? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up for active duty.

Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years.

I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears at least once, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement & feedback it well deserves.

Pass it on.

I decided to check this before I sent it forward. So I sent the following e-mail to the Sears Customer Service Department:

I received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your company. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item, even if it's cheaper at that store.

This is their answer to my e-mail:
Dear Customer:

Thank you for contacting Sears.The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback.

Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

Bill Thorn
Sears Customer Care
[email protected]
1-800-349-4358

Please pass this on to all your friends. Sears needs to be recognized for this outstanding contribution and we need to show them as Americans, we do appreciate what they are doing for our military!!!

It's verified ! By Snopes.com<http://snopes.com/>; at:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/sears.asp

Hi FH,
Thanks so much for this post. Sears is one of our favorite stores to buy electronics and appliances. It is nice to know that they are doing something good for our heroes.

In California, Sears has a store where they sell new appliances that have minor dents for huge discounts.

Latest posts