• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Should of/Could of been happening 2 years Ago

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Oldtimer said:
Bill- The 9th positive case found in Japan - found in 2003 was a 21 month old according to the OIE.......

But don't tell that to SH--As his factual knowledge says that the tests won't work on anything younger than 30 months- and as we all know he can never be wrong :wink: :lol: :lol:
Thanks.

I find even the OIE website suspect at times. It has the 1993 Canadian imported positive listed under Canada and the US 2003 imported positive also listed under Canada. Doesn't make much sense.

http://www.oie.int/eng/info/en_esbmonde.htm

Japan has also had a case that was 23 months old... In reading some of the reports from Japanese scientists I wonder if this "open Japanese market" will remain open under the current rules- or if future occurrences may have the Japanese people again demanding testing-- especially if in the months and years to come they get several future occurences of victims of vCJD dying... I think it is still pretty shakey...We may be back arguing the testing theory again.....

It appears as tho the Japanese Doctors believe they could potentially have many more vCJD cases showing up in years to come..Apparently Japan shipped in feed and cattle from England during the 80's and bone meal and feed from Italy up into the 90's-- so the Doctors believe that there may have been many BSE infected cattle consumed in Japan during the 90's when there was no testing....And the fact that some of these cattle have shown up positive at such a young age (21 and 23 months old) indicates to these scientists and doctors that they received a heavy dosage of the BSE prions which led to the shorter incubation period...

But don't tell that to SH--As his factual knowledge says that the tests won't work on anything younger than 30 months- and as we all know he can never be wrong

Would it matter in the US, maybe now that they started using the same test as Canada!

so the Doctors believe that there may have been many BSE infected cattle consumed in Japan during the 90's when there was no testing....And the fact that some of these cattle have shown up positive at such a young age (21 and 23 months old) indicates to these scientists and doctors that they received a heavy dosage of the BSE prions which led to the shorter incubation period...

And the risk factors in North America are the same?

SH:
No, the Japanese can do what they want but I'll be damed if the USDA should promote fraudulent BSE testing that would not reveal prions in cattle under 24 months of age.

Nobody said anything about the USDA promoting anything. Where do you get your little ideas?

Sandbag: "You're living in a fanstasy world, SH. You think the Japanese consumer is ignorant on BSE? Good grief. OT is right, your understanding of the outside world is nil."

Ahh...ok? I suppose that would explain why Japan is willing to import untested cattle from the U.S. under 20 months of age now huh?

GOSH YA REALLY GOT ME THAR!

NEXT!

Sandbag: "So the USDA is concerned about the Japanese consumer's ignorance?"

No, the USDA is concerned about setting a BSE testing presidence with Japan that is not justified.

Conman: "Nobody said anything about the USDA promoting anything."

If USDA had allowed unnecessary, fraudulent BSE testing of cattle under 24 months of age, they would be condoning the practice by allowing it.

OT, were these "supposed" positives in Japan that were under 24 months confirmed with a second test or were they "false positives" like we had in the U.S. as well?

You don't know do you? You heard what you wanted to hear again and sunk your teeth into it like a rabid dog didn't you?

~SH~

~SH~ said:
OT, were these "supposed" positives in Japan that were under 24 months confirmed with a second test or were they "false positives" like we had in the U.S. as well?

~SH~

I'm sure they were quite thouroughly tested...Even tho you may not know it- since you insinuate they are a backward country and an ignorant people- the Japanese scientists are quite competent with the BSE issue...In fact it appears as tho their laboratory is one of the highest rated by its peers regarding BSE and testing....Anyway the tests were accepted and are being reported by the OIE as positives at age 21 and 23 months...

Quote:
Conman: "Nobody said anything about the USDA promoting anything."

If USDA had allowed unnecessary, fraudulent BSE testing of cattle under 24 months of age, they would be condoning the practice by allowing it.

"Unnescessary" ? "Fraudulent BSE testing of cattle?" I think you have just convicted Johannes of the very same thing.

OT: "I'm sure they were quite thouroughly tested...Even tho you may not know it- since you insinuate they are a backward country and an ignorant people- the Japanese scientists are quite competent with the BSE issue...In fact it appears as tho their laboratory is one of the highest rated by its peers regarding BSE and testing....Anyway the tests were accepted and are being reported by the OIE as positives at age 21 and 23 months..."

You don't know if they were quite thoroughly tested or not or which tests were used.

That's interesting in light of the fact that the Japanese consumers were "SUPPOSEDLY" demanding BSE tested beef and now we are exporting UNTESTED beef from cattle less than 20 months of age.

Yup, shor nuff consistent in their positions OT!

The obvious is simply too obvious for you isn't it?

~SH~

SH, "That's interesting in light of the fact that the Japanese consumers were "SUPPOSEDLY" demanding BSE tested beef and now we are exporting UNTESTED beef from cattle less than 20 months of age. Yup, shor nuff consistent in their positions OT! The obvious is simply too obvious for you isn't it? "

What is obvious is that the Japanese people didn't make the concession, the Japanese politicians did. It is also obvious the Japanese consumers are't the ones making the importing decisions. To anybody who has been following the story the last few years, it is obvious there is a difference in the views between the Japanese politicians and the Japanese people.

We'll see how much US beef goes to Japanese homes - that will tell the story.

Sandbag: "What is obvious is that the Japanese people didn't make the concession, the Japanese politicians did. It is also obvious the Japanese consumers are't the ones making the importing decisions. To anybody who has been following the story the last few years, it is obvious there is a difference in the views between the Japanese politicians and the Japanese people.

We'll see how much US beef goes to Japanese homes - that will tell the story."

Do you predict a decrease in Japanese consumption of U.S. beef?

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Sandbag: "What is obvious is that the Japanese people didn't make the concession, the Japanese politicians did. It is also obvious the Japanese consumers are't the ones making the importing decisions. To anybody who has been following the story the last few years, it is obvious there is a difference in the views between the Japanese politicians and the Japanese people.

We'll see how much US beef goes to Japanese homes - that will tell the story."

Do you predict a decrease in Japanese consumption of U.S. beef?

~SH~

A decrease from what? November 2003? Definitely.

I said PRE BSE, CAN'T YOU READ?????

The Japanese border wasn't opened last month, last quarter, etc. WAS IT???? Idiot!

Any predictions on how Japanese exports in 2006 will compare to 2002?

~SH~

I can read just fine, do you know what a question mark is for?

I'll bet it won't even be close. The Japanese people know they've been bullied, we let the Aussies sink in roots, and if the polls have any accuracy, we're not giving Japanese consumers what they want.

Latest posts