• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Since this is the Coffee Shop

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I'm not a chef or nothing but I have tripped around a campfire or two in my travels. When we make coffe at the wagon we get alot of compliments from folks who consider themselves coffee connoisseurs. First, you fill up the big granite coffee pot 3/4 full out of a sandhill windmill. Second, put in two handfuls of Ground Folgers (I have pretty good sized hands). Third, put it on a wood fire and leave it alone. It will boil over and then settle itself down - so let it boil over a second time. Fourth, after it boils the second time take it off the heat. Let the grounds settle alittle bit and drink it hot. I've found out you can burn coffee just like other food so don't get too burly-chested and let it boil down to tar. This always makes good coffee without being bitter and if there's any left over you can cool it down and oil your saddles.

Saddletramp;
Hey pard! Where you been keepin' yourself? You been so busy savin' calves that you ain't got time to post on here no more? Whens the next poem comin' on? Give me a shout when you get time.

Oh and you forgot to mention that when you are making cowboy coffee to be sure and throw in a horseshoe so you know when the coffee is done. That would be when it floats, to you greenhorns out there! :D

Saddletramp, good call on the cow soapweed mentioned. Amazing how good luck increases with plain old hard work and experiance.

Cal, I got some "Folgers whole bean" just because it was onsale at Dillons, and I really like it. Its my observation that merely grinding your own beans really improves your coffee. I'm surprised that Sam's beans are bad. Here in the Ark river valley, our water has many minerals especially CaCl, and our coffee is improved alot by filtereing the water. Note that Saddletramp specifies "sandhill water," and I'd agree that the sandhill water I've tasted is quite good. I'm sure no coffee snob, but a thermos of really good coffee and some good tunes really helps night check.

Latest posts