• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sir Loin

Help Support Ranchers.net:

gcreekrch

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Messages
11,751
Reaction score
755
Location
west chilcotin bc
I didn't want to hijack Cade's (MYT) thread so I'm going to ask you here.

What are your credentials?
Do you own/lease a ranch?
How many cows do you own? (I know that is a personal question but you seem to want to know what others are worth. :roll: )

Male or female?
Political leaning?

We'll start with those, maybe others have questions also.
 

per

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 22, 2007
Messages
6,430
Reaction score
2
Location
SW Alberta
Speaking of hijacking. Even though I am curious about the answers to gcreeks questions, it is good to see Yanuck posting. OK back to the questions etc... My guess is Sir Loin is the reincarnation of one of our previous posters. Just not yet sure who yet.
 

Sir Loin

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Messages
235
Reaction score
0
Location
SE TN
gcreekrch

Hey no problem here! I just thought if I posted a bio I would bore you’ll to death.
So ask away.
Re:
What are your credentials?
3rd generation cattleman. That makes over 100 years of experiences combined.
Attended many many training seminars and several courses at Delaware Valley College of Science and Agriculture.

Re:
Do you own/lease a ranch?
That all depends how you define “ranch”.
To me a ranch is always west on the Mississippi and consists of 500 acres or more.
To that the answer is no.
Indirectly I own (held by a Corp. or in a trust ) and I do lease two small parcels ( lots ) and have accesses, without charge, to several other parcels ( lots ) to make hay only.

Re:
How many cows do you own? [/quote ]
Right now in my retirement I own 15 feeder calves.
The largest number I ever owned before retirement was around 400, and as herdsman for others was 600+ not counting calves.
Re:
Male or female? Political leaning?
Male--- True Conservative- ---------white -------------age 66. Religion: yes .
Have diabetes ------- 3 stints in the ticker and Parkinson’s.

Re:
are you as annoying in person as you are on these boards?
For those who haven’t taken the time to get to know me I am sure I am.
For those who get to know me know I am a fun loving cut up/class clown who can trip your trigger at any moment and do it without even cracking a smile, --- on the outside while I am LMAO on the inside. I’m a fun loving little teddy bear, when you get to know me.
The problem I am having is: Having Parkinson’s I have trouble typing, therefore I tend to give “short answer and comments” which some times seen rude and/or intentional abrasiveness.
If you want to get to know me, know this:
I wake up with a smile on my face and I go to bed with a smile on my face, and all in-between I am joking and LMAO, at least on the inside.
And I tell it as I see it. And most of the time I can prove it if challenged.

Any more question before I bore you to death with “and now for the rest of the story:? Who said that?
SL
 

Sir Loin

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Messages
235
Reaction score
0
Location
SE TN
Re:
My guess is Sir Loin is the reincarnation of one of our previous posters.
Wrong! I never posted on this board as anyone else.
Before I retired I posted only on investment and political boards, and still do sometimes.
But I did post on Cattle Today, but I was still Sir Loin over there.

On the other board I am know as Pawnbroker, Pawn, Pawn05 & 09 or PBINK etc etc etc.
And Leo has always been my mascot on all boards I have posted on.
Here is Leo but for some reason I can’t seem to make him my avatar here.
Lion.gif


Fact is, unlike most people, I don’t hide my identity.

OH one more thing.
I don’t belong to any special interest groups but I am a “ditto head”.
SL
 

hillsdown

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 5, 2007
Messages
1,669
Reaction score
0
Location
Central Alberta,Canada
SL avatars need to be less than 80 here and it is 100 (I think) on CT I was trying a new avatar the other day og my beautiful pup Nickle to celebrate her 2nd Bday and even resized to itty bitty it still would not up load so maybe there is a problem.
 

gcreekrch

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Messages
11,751
Reaction score
755
Location
west chilcotin bc
Thanks for answering, I guess one thing good in human nature is we are all different. Be pretty boring if we were all the same.

We were all new here at one time, some fit and some don't. :wink:

Welcome to the circus.
 

Sir Loin

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Messages
235
Reaction score
0
Location
SE TN
Yanuck

Re:
and are you as annoying in person as you are on these boards?
Perhaps this is why you find me annoying.
I am a “critical thinker”,
SL

Defining Critical Thinking

http://www.criticalthinking.org/pages/defining-critical-thinking/766

Fact: If you are a critical thinker, man made global warming is a BFJ. B= big J = joke.
SL
 

Yanuck

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 10, 2007
Messages
4,341
Reaction score
0
Location
Nebraska
Sir Loin said:
Yanuck

Re:
and are you as annoying in person as you are on these boards?
Perhaps this is why you find me annoying.
I am a “critical thinker”,
SL

Defining Critical Thinking

http://www.criticalthinking.org/pages/defining-critical-thinking/766

Fact: If you are a critical thinker, man made global warming is a BFJ. B= big J = joke.
SL

when people "talk" via a computer....a lot is lost as what/how you say things may not be how people read it....personally to me, you come across as someone who thinks they are much smarter than most, an "instant expert" if you will, but I could be way off base...time will tell I guess
 

TexasBred

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 3, 2008
Messages
4,365
Reaction score
0
Location
Heart of Texas
Sir Loin said:
Yanuck

Re:
and are you as annoying in person as you are on these boards?
Perhaps this is why you find me annoying.
I am a “critical thinker”,
SL

Defining Critical Thinking

http://www.criticalthinking.org/pages/defining-critical-thinking/766

Fact: If you are a critical thinker, man made global warming is a BFJ. B= big J = joke.
SL

Sorry dude but you're anything but a critical thinker. You take a preconceived notion (or axe to grind) and then hunt for evidence to back up that notion without regard to the source or reliability.
 

Sir Loin

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Messages
235
Reaction score
0
Location
SE TN
Yanuck

Re:
when people "talk" via a computer....a lot is lost as what/how you say things may not be how people read it....personally to me, you come across as someone who thinks they are much smarter than most, an "instant expert" if you will,
Now that has got to be the politest way I have ever been called a “know it all”
Nice job.

Well, here’s the thing.
There are a lot of things said I don’t know or fully understand, but the difference between me and others is, I do research first and then speak on the issue.
And I post my research as “quote” with URL source” to back up my position.
Which tends to piss people off because I most often use creditable sources, not my own opinions.
And if they have an opposing point of view they then have to disprove my creditable sources not me, and that is when the personal attacks always start because they lost in the arena of ideas because they are either to lazy to do their own research or they can‘t find a creditable source to back up their opinion.

Re:
via a computer....a lot is lost
You don’t know how true that is!!!
If you could only see me ROFLMAO when my dry humor goes right over someone’s head or when I jerk someone’s chain or intentionally trip their trigger and they respond exactly as I knew they would.

There are some people that take themselves so seriously or think they can pull the wool over other people’s eyes, that I just can’t resist doing a tango with them.

Here is a problem I have been working on since I was about 9 YO and now at 66 I am no closer to understanding it then when I was 9.
Perhaps someone could help me out on this one.

What is “gravity”?
How can I over come “gravity?
Please quote your source. URL please.

SL
PS: I forgot to mention I am also a “workaholic”.
 

Sir Loin

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Messages
235
Reaction score
0
Location
SE TN
Trigger tripping time.

TexasBred

Dear Bred,

You have continually shot your mouth off about corn gluten form Ethanol being ok to feed to commercial and dairy herds and blamed management of those herds for causing the death of their own cattle.
So I ask you, show me were it says and by whom, it says it is OK to feed corn gluten from Ethanol to commercial and dairy herds and how much should me feed. URL please.
Be sure not to include those sources who are talking about a feedlot operations.
Now put up or shut up.
Thank Q in advance
SL
 

TexasBred

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 3, 2008
Messages
4,365
Reaction score
0
Location
Heart of Texas
Sir Loin said:
Here is a problem I have been working on since I was about 9 YO and now at 66 I am no closer to understanding it then when I was 9.
Perhaps someone could help me out on this one.

What is “gravity”?
How can I over come “gravity?
Please quote your source. URL please.
SL
PS: I forgot to mention I am also a “workaholic”.

Answer: Stand on the edge of a cliff and then jump off....on the way down (please note that you are indeed going down....not up) you find that you cannot overcome gravity, you will learn the definition of gravity and you splattered ass will be the source or evidence for its existence.
 

Sir Loin

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Messages
235
Reaction score
0
Location
SE TN
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Here is why I got so interested in gravity.
I was working as a bricklayer when I had my first real run in with Mr. Gravity.

Workers comp Insurance Claim
Dear Sir:
I am writing in response to your request for additional information in Block #3 of the accident reporting form. I put “Poor Planning” as the cause of my accident. You asked for a fuller explanation and I trust the following details will be sufficient.
I am a bricklayer by trade. On the day of the accident, I was working alone on the roof of a new six-story building. When I completed my work, I found I had some bricks left over which when weighed later were found to weigh 240 lbs. Rather than carry the bricks down by hand, I decided to lower them in a barrel by using a pulley which was attached to the side of the building at the sixth floor. Securing the rope at ground level, I went up to the roof, swung the barrel out and loaded the bricks into it. Then I went down and untied the rope, holding it tightly to insure a slow descent of the 240 lbs of bricks. You will note on the accident reporting form that my weight is 135 lbs.
Due to my surprise at being jerked off the ground so suddenly, I lost my presence of mind and forgot to let go of the rope. Needless to say, I proceeded at a rapid rate up the side of the building. In the vicinity of the third floor, I met the barrel which was now proceeding downward at an equally impressive speed. This explains the fractured skull, minor abrasions and the broken collarbone, as listed in Section 3 of the accident reporting form. Slowed only slightly, I continued my rapid ascent, not stopping until the fingers of my right hand were two knuckles deep into the pulley which I mentioned in Paragraph 2 of this correspondence. Fortunately by this time I had regained my presence of mind and was able to hold tightly to the rope, in spite of the excruciating pain I was now beginning to experience. At approximately the same time, however, the barrel of bricks hit the ground, and the bottom fell out of the barrel. Now devoid of the weight of the bricks, the barrel weighed approximately 50 lbs. I refer you again to my weight.
As you might imagine, I began a rapid descent down the side of the building. In the vicinity of the third floor, I met the barrel coming up. This accounts for the two fractured ankles, broken tooth and severe lacerations of my legs and lower body. Here my luck began to change slightly. The encounter with the barrel seemed to slow me enough to lessen my injuries when I fell into the pile of bricks and fortunately only three vertebrae were cracked. I am sorry to report, however, as I lay there on the pile of bricks, in pain, unable to move and watching the empty barrel six stories above me, I again lost my composure and presence of mind and let go of the rope…
 

S.S.A.P.

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
863
Reaction score
1
Location
Saskatchewan
Sir Loin said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Here is why I got so interested in gravity.
I was working as a bricklayer when I had my first real run in with Mr. Gravity.

Workers comp Insurance Claim
Dear Sir:
I am writing in response to your request for additional information in Block #3 of the accident reporting form. I put “Poor Planning” as the cause of my accident. You asked for a fuller explanation and I trust the following details will be sufficient.
I am a bricklayer by trade. On the day of the accident, I was working alone on the roof of a new six-story building. When I completed my work, I found I had some bricks left over which when weighed later were found to weigh 240 lbs. Rather than carry the bricks down by hand, I decided to lower them in a barrel by using a pulley which was attached to the side of the building at the sixth floor. Securing the rope at ground level, I went up to the roof, swung the barrel out and loaded the bricks into it. Then I went down and untied the rope, holding it tightly to insure a slow descent of the 240 lbs of bricks. You will note on the accident reporting form that my weight is 135 lbs.
Due to my surprise at being jerked off the ground so suddenly, I lost my presence of mind and forgot to let go of the rope. Needless to say, I proceeded at a rapid rate up the side of the building. In the vicinity of the third floor, I met the barrel which was now proceeding downward at an equally impressive speed. This explains the fractured skull, minor abrasions and the broken collarbone, as listed in Section 3 of the accident reporting form. Slowed only slightly, I continued my rapid ascent, not stopping until the fingers of my right hand were two knuckles deep into the pulley which I mentioned in Paragraph 2 of this correspondence. Fortunately by this time I had regained my presence of mind and was able to hold tightly to the rope, in spite of the excruciating pain I was now beginning to experience. At approximately the same time, however, the barrel of bricks hit the ground, and the bottom fell out of the barrel. Now devoid of the weight of the bricks, the barrel weighed approximately 50 lbs. I refer you again to my weight.
As you might imagine, I began a rapid descent down the side of the building. In the vicinity of the third floor, I met the barrel coming up. This accounts for the two fractured ankles, broken tooth and severe lacerations of my legs and lower body. Here my luck began to change slightly. The encounter with the barrel seemed to slow me enough to lessen my injuries when I fell into the pile of bricks and fortunately only three vertebrae were cracked. I am sorry to report, however, as I lay there on the pile of bricks, in pain, unable to move and watching the empty barrel six stories above me, I again lost my composure and presence of mind and let go of the rope…

I know it is mean to laugh ~ Sorry hamburger - I mean Sir Loin, :shock: but I have tears in my eyes from laughing. Just what to heck were you thinking :p
 

Latest posts

Top