• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sitz

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Justin

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
4,785
Reaction score
0
Location
NW South Dakota
i think you're having a pretty good sale when the bidding starts at $5000 :shock: although, towards the end of the sale they were starting the scrubs at $3000 :wink:

that sale average will be interesting.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Justin said:
i think you're having a pretty good sale when the bidding starts at $5000 :shock: although, towards the end of the sale they were starting the scrubs at $3000 :wink:

that sale average will be interesting.

Yep-- I'd love to see what the average ends up... Only got to see about an hour during lunch- but they were all $6,000/$7,000 +.... Highest I saw sell was $30,000 :shock:
Old Roger was really rolling along counting up the commission dollars he was going to get :wink: :p
 

Faster horses

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
29,489
Reaction score
671
Location
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
Oldtimer said:
Justin said:
i think you're having a pretty good sale when the bidding starts at $5000 :shock: although, towards the end of the sale they were starting the scrubs at $3000 :wink:

that sale average will be interesting.

Yep-- I'd love to see what the average ends up... Only got to see about an hour during lunch- but they were all $6,000/$7,000 +.... Highest I saw sell was $30,000 :shock:
Old Roger was really rolling along counting up the commission dollars he was going to get :wink: :p

Good for Sitz's and good for Roger. As far as I'm concerned, he's
one of the best in the business. Easy to understand and very
accomodating.
 

BRG

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Messages
1,962
Reaction score
0
Location
North Western SD
Faster horses said:
Oldtimer said:
Justin said:
i think you're having a pretty good sale when the bidding starts at $5000 :shock: although, towards the end of the sale they were starting the scrubs at $3000 :wink:

that sale average will be interesting.

Yep-- I'd love to see what the average ends up... Only got to see about an hour during lunch- but they were all $6,000/$7,000 +.... Highest I saw sell was $30,000 :shock:
Old Roger was really rolling along counting up the commission dollars he was going to get :wink: :p

Good for Sitz's and good for Roger. As far as I'm concerned, he's
one of the best in the business. Easy to understand and very
accomodating.

Thats why we got him, not to mention that he is honest, what he says is the way it is, plus he remembers everyone from year to year.

Don't forget about Joe, as he did half the sale. I really like his chant too, its more of a song for him. I have only heard good things about him as well.
 

Justin

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
4,785
Reaction score
0
Location
NW South Dakota
BRG said:
Faster horses said:
Oldtimer said:
Yep-- I'd love to see what the average ends up... Only got to see about an hour during lunch- but they were all $6,000/$7,000 +.... Highest I saw sell was $30,000 :shock:
Old Roger was really rolling along counting up the commission dollars he was going to get :wink: :p

Good for Sitz's and good for Roger. As far as I'm concerned, he's
one of the best in the business. Easy to understand and very
accomodating.

Thats why we got him, not to mention that he is honest, what he says is the way it is, plus he remembers everyone from year to year.

Don't forget about Joe, as he did half the sale. I really like his chant too, its more of a song for him. I have only heard good things about him as well.

FH, we've had this arguement before. :lol: Goggins is better. :p :twisted: :wink:
 

BRG

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Messages
1,962
Reaction score
0
Location
North Western SD
Justin said:
BRG said:
Faster horses said:
Good for Sitz's and good for Roger. As far as I'm concerned, he's
one of the best in the business. Easy to understand and very
accomodating.

Thats why we got him, not to mention that he is honest, what he says is the way it is, plus he remembers everyone from year to year.

Don't forget about Joe, as he did half the sale. I really like his chant too, its more of a song for him. I have only heard good things about him as well.

FH, we've had this arguement before. :lol: Goggins is

better. :p :twisted: :wink:

Not sure who is better, but I know they are both in my top 5.
 

Faster horses

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
29,489
Reaction score
671
Location
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
Justin said:
BRG said:
Faster horses said:
Good for Sitz's and good for Roger. As far as I'm concerned, he's
one of the best in the business. Easy to understand and very
accomodating.

Thats why we got him, not to mention that he is honest, what he says is the way it is, plus he remembers everyone from year to year.

Don't forget about Joe, as he did half the sale. I really like his chant too, its more of a song for him. I have only heard good things about him as well.

FH, we've had this arguement before. :lol: Goggins is better. :p :twisted: :wink:

Hey Justin. Re-read. I remembered what you said so I said, about Roger:
"He's ONE of the best in the business." :D :p
 

Justin

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
4,785
Reaction score
0
Location
NW South Dakota
Faster horses said:
Justin said:
BRG said:
Thats why we got him, not to mention that he is honest, what he says is the way it is, plus he remembers everyone from year to year.

Don't forget about Joe, as he did half the sale. I really like his chant too, its more of a song for him. I have only heard good things about him as well.

FH, we've had this arguement before. :lol: Goggins is better. :p :twisted: :wink:

Hey Justin. Re-read. I remembered what you said so I said, about Roger:
"He's ONE of the best in the business." :D :p

gotcha :D
 

BRG

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Messages
1,962
Reaction score
0
Location
North Western SD
Sale Report

434 Two Year Old Bulls $5,832
321 Commmercial Bred Heifers $2,262
62 Commercial Bred Cows $1,828
3 Ranch Horses $3,330

TOP BULLS:

Lot 11 - $30,000, a son of GDAR GAME DAY 449 to Shipwheel Cattle Company, Chinook, MT - Topp Angus, Grace City, ND, - Gary Romey, Hot Springs, SD

Lot 27 - $26,000, a son of SITZ UPWARD 307R

Lot 29 - $26,000, a son of SITZ NEW DESIGN 458N to Raven Angus, Colome, SD

Lot 6 - $20,000, a son of SITZ MADISON 10477

Lot 30 - $20,000, a son of GDAR GAME DAY 449 to Vermilion Ranch, Billings, MT

TOP BRED HEIFERS:
25 head synced and AIed for Feb 1st - $3,000 per head
10 head synced and AIed for Feb 1st - $2,800 per head
10 head synced and AIed for Feb 1st - $2,650 per head

TOP BRED COWS:
13 3&4 year olds bred for Feb 8th - $1,875
21 3&4 year olds bred for Feb 8th - $1,850
 

Justin

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
4,785
Reaction score
0
Location
NW South Dakota
BRG said:
Sale Report

434 Two Year Old Bulls $5,832
321 Commmercial Bred Heifers $2,262
62 Commercial Bred Cows $1,828
3 Ranch Horses $3,330

TOP BULLS:

Lot 11 - $30,000, a son of GDAR GAME DAY 449 to Shipwheel Cattle Company, Chinook, MT - Topp Angus, Grace City, ND, - Gary Romey, Hot Springs, SD

Lot 27 - $26,000, a son of SITZ UPWARD 307R

Lot 29 - $26,000, a son of SITZ NEW DESIGN 458N to Raven Angus, Colome, SD

Lot 6 - $20,000, a son of SITZ MADISON 10477

Lot 30 - $20,000, a son of GDAR GAME DAY 449 to Vermilion Ranch, Billings, MT

TOP BRED HEIFERS:
25 head synced and AIed for Feb 1st - $3,000 per head
10 head synced and AIed for Feb 1st - $2,800 per head
10 head synced and AIed for Feb 1st - $2,650 per head

TOP BRED COWS:
13 3&4 year olds bred for Feb 8th - $1,875
21 3&4 year olds bred for Feb 8th - $1,850

decent sale i guess :wink:
 

High Plains

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
825
Reaction score
0
Location
Nebraska
Possibly those calf checks from this fall won't last as long as some had thought :!: It's all sunshine and roses from here forward :!:
 

cowsense

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
1,394
Reaction score
0
Location
Central Saskatchewan
High Plains said:
Possibly those calf checks from this fall won't last as long as some had thought :!: It's all sunshine and roses from here forward :!:

There ain't nobody better than Ranchers & Farmers at spending when they make a buck! :lol: I'm just amazed at the number of new pickup's & Iron that has been bought this fall.
 

Roundup

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 5, 2010
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Location
Montana
The time for capital improvements about the business ranch is when you have positive cash flow. Doing it any other time results in an interest payment.
 

Nicky

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
3,323
Reaction score
226
Location
N.E. Oregon
Roundup said:
The time for capital improvements about the business ranch is when you have positive cash flow. Doing it any other time results in an interest payment.

And better to improve things than pay Uncle Sam
 

mrj

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 21, 2005
Messages
4,530
Reaction score
1
Location
SD
First, before spending (in our heads) that great cattle check, weneed to keep a good eye on the local taxes, fuel, and other 'necessities' that always seem to go up even faster than the prices we get for cattle!

mrj
 

Faster horses

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
29,489
Reaction score
671
Location
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
cowsense said:
High Plains said:
Possibly those calf checks from this fall won't last as long as some had thought :!: It's all sunshine and roses from here forward :!:

There ain't nobody better than Ranchers & Farmers at spending when they make a buck! :lol: I'm just amazed at the number of new pickup's & Iron that has been bought this fall.

I totally agree. When they have some money, ranchers and farmer do
spend it. Many times they can invest in something needed to offset
some income tax and show me one rancher/farmer that can't use something
to make their workload easier.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Faster horses said:
cowsense said:
High Plains said:
Possibly those calf checks from this fall won't last as long as some had thought :!: It's all sunshine and roses from here forward :!:

There ain't nobody better than Ranchers & Farmers at spending when they make a buck! :lol: I'm just amazed at the number of new pickup's & Iron that has been bought this fall.

I totally agree. When they have some money, ranchers and farmer do
spend it. Many times they can invest in something needed to offset
some income tax and show me one rancher/farmer that can't use something
to make their workload easier.

I still haven't figured out how a $30,000 bull makes the workload easier :???: :wink: ....Either I'd have to move him into my bedroom at night or build him an insulated room in the barn so not to worry about his vitals getting froze in our "Little Siberia" weather-- and then I'd still worry that he'd get a leg broke by another one with the first cow he tried to jump ...
But I'd guess bulls at that price don't ever have to worry about living in the real cattle world !!
 

Faster horses

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
29,489
Reaction score
671
Location
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
Oldtimer said:
Faster horses said:
cowsense said:
There ain't nobody better than Ranchers & Farmers at spending when they make a buck! :lol: I'm just amazed at the number of new pickup's & Iron that has been bought this fall.

I totally agree. When they have some money, ranchers and farmer do
spend it. Many times they can invest in something needed to offset
some income tax and show me one rancher/farmer that can't use something
to make their workload easier.

I still haven't figured out how a $30,000 bull makes the workload easier :???: :wink: ....Either I'd have to move him into my bedroom at night or build him an insulated room in the barn so not to worry about his vitals getting froze in our "Little Siberia" weather-- and then I'd still worry that he'd get a leg broke by another one with the first cow he tried to jump ...
But I'd guess bulls at that price don't ever have to worry about living in the real cattle world !!

We had gone beyond the bull deal and were talking about capital improvements, iron, etc............. :?
 

Latest posts

Top