• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Slippery slope

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tam

Reaction score
Did Obama put the US on a slippery slope when he inacted the Obamacare rule that the Catholic Church has to provide birth control?

Let me explain if the Catholic Church comes out and claims it is their religious belief/practice to not believe in Birth control therefore the government has no right to require they do it, what stops the Muslims from claiming they are going to live under Sharia Law with Honor killings and all? What is stopping the Mormans from asking Romney if he wins to abolish the Morrill Act that made Polygamy illegal? That act had a very large influence in the Romney family as Romney's father was born in Mexico because his father had more than one wife.

How far will the government go to make the Catholic Church comply with Obamacare if Obamacare is found to be Constitutional with the help of Kagen.

In 1862, the United States Congress passed the Morrill Act, which prohibited plural marriage in the territories (including Utah) and dis-incorporated the church.[2] In spite of the law, the Mormons continued the practice of polygamy, believing that it was protected by the First Amendment. In 1879, in Reynolds v. United States,[3] the Supreme Court of the United States upheld the Morrill Act, stating: "Laws are made for the government of actions, and while they cannot interfere with mere religious belief and opinion, they may with practices

and what about satanists Tam??

will they claim a right to "practice" some of their bizar evil things?

evolutionists are a faith bases religion- as are radical enviromentalists, what about them??

Good Post Tam!

What got me thinking about this was last week when the Catholic Bishop and a Rabi were on Fox talking about the birth control issue. The Rabi said the religious leaders had to stand together and stop this government intursion on Religious beliefs as if they can do this to the Catholic Church what religion will be the next to be under attack.

Then last night in Romney's speech in Nevada he said if he is elected President he was going to strike down laws the infringe on religious beliefs. Now he was probably talking about the Catholic Birth control issue as that has been in the news. BUT what's next if he strikes down that law/rule? Will that open the door to other religions taking the Government to court over their religious beliefs? The US could become a very scarey place to live if all religious beliefs are allowed to stand un-opposed.

One thing: The Catholic Church not providing contraceptive or abortion services does not any any way effect the population as a whole. Contraception is readily available elsewhere, the Catholic Church does not need to be a part of it.
Sharia law on the other hand does effect the population as a whole.

Also Poligamy would change the whole essence of society, as would marriage between two men or two women.

Martin Jr. said:
One thing: The Catholic Church not providing contraceptive or abortion services does not any any way effect the population as a whole. Contraception is readily available elsewhere, the Catholic Church does not need to be a part of it.
Sharia law on the other hand does effect the population as a whole.

You might be right but if the Government bends to allow one religion to follow their beliefs ie Catholic on birth control then there is a presidence set that can be used in a court of law the will force the government to allow all religions to follow their beliefs ie Muslims with Sharia, Mormans with Polygamy, and so on and so on. Will Obamacare open the door to Sharia if the Catholics fight him on the birth control issue on a religous bases?

I would hope that there is enough common sense left in the country not to take that issue as a door to other issues more detrimental to our society.

jingo2 said:
JOBS are more important

TOO BAD this was not your attitude when Obama was stuffing Obamacare through Congress at the objection of a majority of voters. But hey what better way to distract anyone discussing his true agenda and what he is really up to next. :roll:

JOBS JOBS JOBS don't look back at what he has done with his dirty filthy backroom deals, just look forward to what he SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOING WHILE HE WAS PASSING HIS UNREAD SIGNATURE BILL. :x

jingo2 said:
JOBS are more important

No they are not, at least not to me. This is another freedom that is getting taken away from us. I am a practicing catholic, and I find it offensive that this SOB thinks he can tell me what I have to do in my business, which is against my religious belief. Whats next, and believe me, their will be something next that he wants to take away from us, if you don't want to believe it, fine, just sit back and watch it happen.

this is why the federal govt. is SUPPOSED to be limited by our Constitution.

we are NOT a one size fits all govt., certain things should be up to states, counties, or communities. then if you don't like the regulations of a particular place you vote with your feet and move- the only option these unconstitutional actions leave us is revolution or relocation to another more free country. (Russia maybe) :shock:

If Obama and his cohorts would happen to win next fall, and they keep this up, Catholics need to stand up and fight against it, and we will.

Obama and the whole Democrat party leadership will be brought to its knees if this continues.

You are right, this needs to be addressed now. But too many Catholics are ignorant of the situation. This does not leave them blameless, for it is everybodys obligation to know what the truth is.

How can the Catholic church allow Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi to sit within their pews after all they have done to further the Democrat views on Abortion and Birth Control?

Perfect example of a hypocrite is Joe Biden standing behind Obama with Ash Wednesday ashes on his forehead. Sunday after Sunday you can ask for forgiveness but if you continue to go against your religion at what point do they realize he is not serious about correcting his ways and say no more. :?

Tam said:
How can the Catholic church allow Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi to sit within their pews after all they have done to further the Democrat views on Abortion and Birth Control?

Perfect example of a hypocrite is Joe Biden standing behind Obama with Ash Wednesday ashes on his forehead. Sunday after Sunday you can ask for forgiveness but if you continue to go against your religion at what point do they realize he is not serious about correcting his ways and say no more. :?

The church is not here to judge, that will be done in time by the Lord himself. With that being said, it is very hypocritical of these guys to go to church to pray and ask for forgiveness and then go to work to do the opposite.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

it can't get much clearer then that...

BRG said:
Tam said:

The church is not here to judge, that will be done in time by the Lord himself. With that being said, it is very hypocritical of these guys to go to church to pray and ask for forgiveness and then go to work to do the opposite.

Vatican Demonstration Calls for Nancy Pelosi´s Excommunication
By Randy Sly
3/22/2010

The ten pro-life demonstrators will be standing at the Vatican fence in front of St. Peter´s Basilica.

Based on her embrace of a pro-abortion position and her activities in support of the killing of the unborn, the group is calling for the Catholic Church to officially excommunicate Nancy Pelosi.

WASHINGTON, DC (Catholic Online) - On Monday afternoon ten members of a group led by Randall Terry, called The Vanguard of St. Catherine of Siena,called for the ex-communication of Nancy Pelosi in a demonstration just outside the Vatican.

They are also asking Archbishop Wuerl of the Archdiocese of Washington, DC to enforce the Pope´s position on the distribution of Communion to pro-abortion politicians which was communicated in a 2004 letter, "Worthiness to Receive Holy Communion," which he wrote when he was Cardinal Ratzinger.

Terry stated, "Nancy Pelosi has betrayed the Catholic faith, fought to shed innocent blood, and repeatedly voted to take money from Americans to pay for the murder of innocent babies.

"Meanwhile, Washington DC Archbishop Donald Wuerl, has refused to rebuke her for this evil, and also continues to serve her Holy Communion.

"This bill is the most horrific treachery against life since Roe versus Wade. I would hate to be in Nancy Pelosi's shoes on the Day of Judgment.

"President Obama's executive order - should it come to that - will not be worth the paper it is written on."

The Vanguard of St. Catherine of Siena is in Rome calling on various Catholic officials asking for intervention concerning the distribution of Communion to politicians who support abortion. They are requesting more action by the various Apostolic discasteries in requiring American bishops to conform to Canon 915.

Canon 915 refers to the article on "Participation in the Blessed Eucharist" and states, "Those upon whom the penalty of excommunication or interdict has been imposed or declared, and others who obstinately persist in manifest grave sin, are not to be admitted to holy communion."

Benedict Meets Privately With Vice President Biden
Published Friday, June 3, 2011 A.D. | By Lisa Graas

Vice President Joe Biden was in Rome today to mark the 150th anniversary of Italy's unification. While there, he met privately with Pope Benedict XVI. Biden is a Mass-attending Catholic who supports "abortion rights". Many of the Catholic faithful have called for his excommunication due to his support for abortion. No official announcement has been made, as of this writing, in regard to this visit.

In February, 2009, pro-abortion Congresswoman and then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi met privately with Pope Benedict XVI. The Vatican issued a statement afterward that was widely considered to be a scolding.

"His Holiness took the opportunity to speak of the requirements of the natural moral law and the Church's consistent teaching on the dignity of human life from conception to natural death which enjoin all Catholics, and especially legislators, jurists and those responsible for the common good of society, to work in co-operation with all men and women of good will in creating a just system of laws capable of protecting human life at all stages of its development."

Just how far will they go with their agenda before the request of their excommunication be granted by the Pope?

Steve said:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

it can't get much clearer then that...

Then how was polygamy outlawed in the Morman faith? :? and will Muslims be allowed to practice their religious right to Honor Killings? This question is not just about the Catholics and birth control it is, like the Rabi said, about all religious beliefs. If the Catholic church can back Obama off their issue using Religious beliefs as a defence WHAT"S NEXT? And will the US way of life survive the pandoras box that Obama has openned?

Tam,

I don't really disagree with you as with my personal feelings, but this is what I know as what the church rules are:

If we have a mortal sin on our soul, we as Catholics, not sure about other religions, are not to recieve the holy communion, until you recieve forgiveness by going to confession. We are suppose to make that decision ourseleves.

But, I would guess, as I do not know the answer, but I would guess that if a priest knows you have a mortal sin on your soul, he should not give you communion a well.

Latest posts