• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Smoke Moon

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mountain Cowgirl

Reaction score
Well waking up at midnight was a mistake as the orange/red moon caught my eye thru the bathroom window. It was a little smoky but the outside air and breeze felt good. Most of the smoke was up higher giving the moon a blood look. Fully awake unable to sleep after this sighting, I found myself standing in my backyard playing paparazzi. Finally, the back lightening from the porch light was just right and I got the camera to focus with the 200x lens. I didn't realize until a car went by that I was wearing just night shorts, no top. Some early rising shift worker will have something to share with his buddies at coffee break time. Oh well, life goes on and sometimes I forget I am not living on a ranch.
Smoke moon Aug 20 2021.jpg

Last edited:
It was sure smoky over at Kimberly yesterday. I guess that is because we were closer to the fires. It blew out here the last couple days but back again this morning.

Latest posts