• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Snow in Denver

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Spectator

Reaction score
This morning's "surprise" snowstorm turned The Yards white . . .
IMG_2482.jpg

IMG_2486.jpg

Although some of it melted away by mid-afternoon.
IMG_2568.jpg

A lot of exhibitors seem to thrive on conditions like these! Cattlemen are tough, a little snow doesn't slow them down.
IMG_2567.jpg

I've got no connection to these folks, but I admire their spirit!

I think you have to be pretty tough to exhibit cattle in the yards at Denver,especially for 66 years. :shock: That's quite an accomplishment and something to be proud of for sure. I always enjoy visiting the Douthit pen when I go to the stock show. They're really nice people and very easy to talk to.

Lots more snow there than here at home. I had planned to rendevoux with rancher.net folks on Thursday. My plans changed, and I will be in Parachute Thursday. Hope some of you others can make it.

Ned, ya gotta be tough not only to be there for 66 yrs, but to do it with Herefords! Good looking cattle! :wink: :D

That's how it was last year. It was so cold! Had to stand outside a building and wait for a judging team and thought i was going to freeze before they got done!

Last year while there, there was talk of them moving the stockshow. Last year they thought possibly would be the last year at the current site. I see that was a wrong thought. The word around the yards was that it was prime Denver property and would be sold by the square foot and would generate enough revenue to build another facility in a new place. Any talk about that this year?

Latest posts