• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

So F---ing Arrogant

Help Support Ranchers.net:

kolanuraven

Reaction score
Just saw a news post where the death toll of US soldiers in Iraq has now reached 2,000. The Pentagon says this is" just a number...a marker of time". WHAT???? They won't even name the 2, 000th person as they stated they don't want to draw attention to the numbers. Well it might not matter to the Pentagon...but it might matter to that persons family.

Bush takes such great pains to act...ACT...so concerned about the war...why not act concerned about the 2000th person that died for HIS cause?? Why ignore that person. That is a milestone...a damn scary one!

So...all you people who believe the mouth of GWBush is a PrayerBook...what if that had been your child and the Pentagon/Bush decided to ignore it, just call your baby " another number"???

Do you realize how insensitive that is and how loud a statement that really makes?? These kids in Iraq are just game pieces--just a number-- to the administration.

NO they are JUST A NUMBER to you, NUMBER 2000 is all you care about......just a number to add to your anti-war propaganda,,,

but not to the Family and friends of the fallen soldier they are a son, daughter, father, mother, sister, brother, not NUMBER 2000, and as far as I and most are concerned, it is none of your damn businesss who they were, .........so can your arrogance.............

how would you feel if your child was reduced to NUMBER 362, killed in service, and splashed all over the world's newspapers as soldier # 362, and used as the anti-wars poster child for thier agenda? ? ???????

Every soldiers memory deserves respect not exploitation.

Alright....I've had it with you ! FYI...my child WAS killed in Iraq!!!

DumbA** I didn't mean to splash the kids name over the world and make a action figure out of them...... They are brushing the number under the rug!!

BY the BY...my child was number 901 killed.
You are a SLUG!

kolanuraven said:
Just saw a news post where the death toll of US soldiers in Iraq has now reached 2,000. The Pentagon says this is" just a number...a marker of time". WHAT???? They won't even name the 2, 000th person as they stated they don't want to draw attention to the numbers. Well it might not matter to the Pentagon...but it might matter to that persons family.

Bush takes such great pains to act...ACT...so concerned about the war...why not act concerned about the 2000th person that died for HIS cause?? Why ignore that person. That is a milestone...a damn scary one!

So...all you people who believe the mouth of GWBush is a PrayerBook...what if that had been your child and the Pentagon/Bush decided to ignore it, just call your baby " another number"???

Do you realize how insensitive that is and how loud a statement that really makes?? These kids in Iraq are just game pieces--just a number-- to the administration.

I didn't realize we had reached 2,000. You're right, to call the death of an American soldier "a number" is disgusting. I've noticed the spin lately from the Bush Administration getting ready for this point. Again today Bush uses the deaths of those Americans as an excuse for sending yet more young people to their deaths! It's crazy.

Steve said:
NO they are JUST A NUMBER to you, NUMBER 2000 is all you care about......just a number to add to your anti-war propaganda,,,

but not to the Family and friends of the fallen soldier they are a son, daughter, father, mother, sister, brother, not NUMBER 2000, and as far as I and most are concerned, it is none of your damn businesss who they were, .........so can your arrogance.............

how would you feel if your child was reduced to NUMBER 362, killed in service, and splashed all over the world's newspapers as soldier # 362, and used as the anti-wars poster child for thier agenda? ? ???????

Every soldiers memory deserves respect not exploitation.

George W. Bush exploits our military every day. Today he again used the dead as an excuse for more death. He uses our military as props for his hot air speeches, reciting 9-11, 9-11, 9-11, as if Saddam had anything at all to do with 9-11. Luckly, people are starting to catch on to his spin.

Alright....I've had it with you ! FYI...my child WAS killed in Iraq!!!

DumbA** I didn't mean to splash the kids name over the world and make a action figure out of them...... They are brushing the number under the rug!!

BY the BY...my child was number 901 killed.
You are a SLUG!

as I said, "Every soldiers memory deserves respect not exploitation."

you can read it any way you want, but to reduce a person's child to a NUMBER is insulting and the fact that you took it as in insult not only proves what a hypocrite you are but how the liberals attempt to exploit this information should be stopped, Bush made no attempt to say that 2000, had not died, they only said they are not naming the fallen soldier,,,,if you believe it is important to name a soldier use your own chilld's memory to exploit your view...because once the soldier was named the liberals would have used his image and picture to exploit thier anti-war propoganda...all over the world

and the fact that you keep you identity, your "child's" identity secret shows you value and guard your privacy so how could you deny that same right to another parent?????

Steve I DIDN't make the number count up...watch the news it was the BUSH admin. that announced to the whole world that the count was now @ 2000!!!

Screw you....people like you are the reason we're in this mess to begin with.

Steve...you were just screaming about NOT making the ID of the 2000th death an issue...YET you want to know about my child...and me.....get it straight ol' boy...can't have it both ways.

Besides, someone like you is sounding like " stalker" material anyway with all your pent up anger @ anyone who disagrees with you on any point.

Who I am and where I am...is of no matter to you.

You in your first post stated
They won't even name the 2, 000th person

and I defended that decision as to show respect to the Family who has suffered that loss. ,Just as I would "defend" your right to not have your child's identity exposed.

I also took issue with the turning the fallen soldier into just a number, and explioting thier deaths, I would not expect you or any other family to have to have thier child or loved one's life exploited to make a point, your taking offense with me in that I do not believe it is any ones business except the family seems somewhat off base when you yourself were willing to demand the 2000th soldiers name,

even it is one life or many no one should exploit the deaths of service members to say they died for no reason, it dishonors the service member, thier family and just appling a number to the soldier makes it cold and unfeeling...

Well then take issue with your BELOVED Bush Admin. as they were the ones to announce the 2000th death.

Screw you!

It is pretty apparent why the administration is correct in not releasing the name of the 2000 military death in Iraq.

Anti-Bush activists were waiting to pounce on the name for their demonstrations. It would be pretty easy, based on past performance, to think they might also search out the family to exploit their grief and attempt to turn them against this administration and this war on terror.

Too many people seem determined to forget that those in the military CHOSE that life. Every anti-war demonstration, and each public criticism of Pres. GWB re. this war only fuels the fires of the terrorists in Iraq and put our soldiers in MORE danger.

Too many forget the stated intentions of the extremists to eliminate all people who do not embrace their perversion of Islamic religion. Their determination grows stronger with every action in this country that helps them in their belief that our country is weak willed and will cave in to their demands.

Forgot the foremost thought I had when starting this post.......that EVERY one of our military personnel lost fighting for freedom for the USA and people of any other nation, deserves equal respect and admiration.....and our thanks and sympathy to the families suffering the loss.......no more and no less the first, the two thousandth, or any in between. EVERY death is a tragedy beyond belief for the ones who love them. The appreciation of their sacrifice by those of us who cherish our freedoms knows no bounds. It surely would be rare to find a family who has not lost a loved one in one or more of our wars for freedom.

MRJ

NO ONE has said that they didn't respect the soldiers/ kids...and they are that....mostly just kids.... who have died in Iraq.....the disrespect is for the " leaders" who led them to war on tales based on lies and deceptions.

reader (the Second) said:
As I posted here, I live in Washington DC and know a lot of people currently or formerly working in government agencies.

MRJ and others are mistaken in seeing this as a parallel to Vietnam. Everyone - regardless of their view of the war in Iraq - is concerned about the Iraqi people and terribly concerned about our soldiers, including the Guard who went to Iraq without the training or equipment needed because no other war has used so many Guard for such extended periods and the logistics were not optimally set up and are still not.

I disagree about Vietnam. There is a strong parallel here with 'Nam. The main difference that I can see is that Eisenhower, Kennedy and Johnson actually believed that Communism was a threat to the world. We know that Saddam was not a threat to the world. We started a "vietnamization" of the military. The idea was to train the So. Vietnamese army and withdraw. We're doing the same thing in Iraq. I doubt it will be any more successful. They've started counting bodies of "insurgents", a process that was used in Vietnam to try to convince Americans that we were winning. But if you're suggesting that people duing the Vietnam era didn't care about our soldiers, you're wrong. And if you don't think Americans will turn against our military today as more stories and photos come out showing the disgusting actions of a few, I think you're wrong there, too.

What the issues are are:

1) Saddam Hussain did not have WMD and it is likely that this was a blatant fabrication to justify the war. I do not say this lightly. I believed Bush when he said this and I supported the war because of WMD and the possibility of their getting into the hands of al-Qaeda. Many staunch supporters of Bush believed also and supported him but they have been disappointed and have come to withdraw their support from him and from our remaining in Iraq any longer than necessary because it was NOT a justified war as our leaders said it was.

I never believed Saddam had WMDs. There was never an ounce of proof. There are many people who said they believed Saddam had WMDs, but, in fact, supported the war because of Iraq's oil. Some on this board.

(2) the price of the war is enormous in human lives - American and Iraqi - and in financial terms and in terms of impact upon how the Muslims see the US - which is exactly the opposite from what the Neocons wanted to achieve. I have had former intelligence experts tell me we gave Osama Bin Laden the best Christmas present possible with the war in Iraq. You can believe me or not but you had better believe that the people who say this are not motivated by partisan politics or by liberal ideology.

Well said.

I am really shocked at the naive things I read from some of you because this is not Vietnam 2. No one has the answer as to how to extract ourselves, leave Iraq stable enough to not descend into a civil war, and do our utmost to prevent more loss of human live. Intelligent, thinking people want this to be considered and planned, not to have Bush try to wave the flag and think this will shut up all debate and strategizing. With some exceptions, Americans are NOT out there saying pull out of Iraq tomorrow or even protesting. But people who read and think know that we won the war and need to be very deliberate about how we win the peace. Staying in Iraq indefinitely without a clear plan to get out ASAP is harmful to the war on terrorism and the price is too high.

I disagree again. Polls show that, even though they're not protesting, more and more Americans want us to get out of Iraq ASAP. Our military leaders are starting to put their careers on the line and speak out. They say we need to pull at least some troops out. They say they believe the insurgency is at least partly fueld by American occupation. If we pulled out tomorrow, the Shiites would no longer have the US military to support them. They would have to come to terms with the Sunnis. There is civil war in Iraq today. We can't stop it, we can only influence with side "wins". Iraq's neighbors have sat on their hands through this thing. If we leave, it would make it easier for them to take a stand and put troops into the country. They can't do that now because so many of their people hate us.

Every thinking person on this forum should take the time to read broadly and be willing to consider that an indefinite continuation of a war that was entered into for false reasons is not in our best interest. I work in homeland security folks and I supported the war when I thought there was WMD. This is not the same world and this is NOT the war against terrorism which was in Afghanistan. Two fronts was a mistaken strategy for winning the war against terrorism in fact according to the majority of those who I meet who have been in counterterrorism and counterinsurgency for 3 and 4 decades. Unless we wanted to reinstitute the draft and send many many more soldiers and unless we got significant support from other nations.

Well said. We're not going to reinstitute the draft. The Army is bearing the brunt of this war and recruiting is down, down, down. Yet Bush continues to paint himself in that corner that we won't leave until Iraq is able to defend itself. He adds fresh paint almost daily so he can't get out. My only hope on this thing is that when a new government is elected in December, they'll tell us to get out. That would make it simple for the Administration.

Latest posts