• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

So obama says private business is doing ok

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Larrry

Reaction score
So obama says private business is doing ok and the goverment sector is hurting.

Hey obama instead of tearing down the private sector to prop up the goverment, why don't you do the logical thing and turn over the government to private business since they know what success looks like.

A

Anonymous

hypocritexposer said:
the unemployment rate of government workers is about 4%

Your source? According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics June 1 2012 report- most all occupations have increased in employed persons--EXCEPT government workers which has decreased...

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

Trinity man

Reaction score
Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:

Your source? According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics June 1 2012 report- most all occupations have increased in employed persons--EXCEPT government workers which has decreased...

And who is the leader of the government right now? I think its the man in the big white house up the road. The gov. need to stay the hell out of the way and let the american people drive the show. Who got us into this mess in the first place, and now they want to fix it. :roll: When was the last time the government fixed anything right?

Tam

Reaction score
Don't worry Government employee rolls will see a large jump if Obamacare is not struck down as Obama will have to hire thousands to implement it and thousands more IRS agents to collect the taxes to pay for it.

BTW I have to laugh at Oldtimer :roll: I remember arguing with him on Bull Session on the US implimenting a Cattle ID system and he refused to believe the US needed a system and he didn't trust the US government to implement a system that would actually work without costing the US ranchers an arm and leg. But here on Political Bull he figures an Incompetent President backed up by Air Head Pelosi and obstructionist Harry Reid can implement a US Health Care system at an affordable cost and actually provide timely service to the masses. :roll:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:

So because the number of government workers has decreased, the unemployed rate can't be 4%? :roll:

Are you saying that the unemployed rate for public service workers was less than 4%? Well, a year ago, it was.

My Source? Bureau of Labor Statistics, June 1 2012

employ.png

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t14.htm

Steve

Reaction score
even with the excessively high gas and energy prices, energy extraction unemployment is up under Obama

I would be willing to bet most of the sectors with lower unemployment is mostly due to workers giving up or being tossed off the end of the unemployment rolls...

A

Anonymous

hypocritexposer said:
Didn't you like my source, OT?

No its great....It shows exactly what I was saying- while most private industry/business unemployment is going down, government workers unemployment is going up...

63,000 (1.2%) more unemployed government workers in just the last year--The downsizing of government... :???:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:
Didn't you like my source, OT?

No its great....It shows exactly what I was saying- while most private industry/business unemployment is going down, government workers unemployment is going up...

63,000 (1.2%) more unemployed government workers in just the last year--The downsizing of government... :???:

:lol:

Half the rate of of the private sector and they are the ones that need help and the "private industry is doing fine", is that whagt you were saying.

Tam

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much of that drop in Government employees was due to those that did the census. I would also love to know what the true unployment rate is between the two different sectors when you count all those that stop looking for work?

Here is another question, how many of the Government employees that lost their jobs was Teachers, Policemen and Firemen verses those working for Obama's White House and Congressional Offices? Seems everytime they talk about those loosing their jobs you never hear them mention anyone working in DC being on the downsize list. :roll:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
Steve said:
Does anyone know how much of that drop in Government employees was due to those that did the census.

that may be one factor, but the military has had a reduction in force as well...

and as state and local governments try to meet their budgets and lower deficits, they will also lay people off.

Latest posts