• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

So OT, how bout taxing the rich 100%

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
If you were to tax those that made $500,000+ 100%, that would give you about $750 Billion in additional revenue.

Who do you tax next year, maybe those that make $250,000+?

After you have confiscated all their money, who do you tax next, because those you have already taxed will have stopped producing?

And you'll still have the $14 Trillion dollar debt......

are your sure a 100% is enough.. after all it is only on earnings..

you know the crafty buggers will find away around the tax... capitalists are like that.. how about 100% and a financial transaction tax, and an federal asset/property tax..

make the new taxes small so we can get them in... :twisted:

sarcasm is intended,...

And just like the Tea Party folks-- you are talking in wild extremes...

But even GW's Treasury Secretary told him that you can't cut taxes while trying to fight two wars....His numbers prediction may have been off- but his prediction of what would happen wasn't...

I support the plan to allow the Bush tax cuts for those making over $250,000 a year to expire-- and a code reform to close many of the individual and corporate loopholes and exemptions-- especially for those that moved corporate entities overseas......

Paul Henry O'Neill (born December 4, 1935) served as the 72nd United States Secretary of the Treasury for part of President George W. Bush's first term. He was fired in December 2002 for his public disagreement with the administration and became a harsh critic.

A report commissioned in 2002 by O'Neill, while he was Treasury Secretary, suggested the United States faced future federal budget deficits of more than US$ 500 billion. The report also suggested that sharp tax increases, massive spending cuts, or both would be unavoidable if the United States were to meet benefit promises to its future generations. The study estimated that closing the budget gap would require the equivalent of an immediate and permanent 66 percent across-the-board income tax increase. The Bush administration left the findings out of the 2004 annual budget report published in February 2003.

O'Neill's private feuds with Bush's tax cut policies and his push to further investigate alleged al-Qaeda funding from some American-allied countries, as well as his objection to the invasion of Iraq in the name of the war on terror — that he considered as nothing but a simple excuse for a war decided long before by neoconservative elements of the first Bush Administration — led to him being fired in 2002 and replaced with John W. Snow.

According to some of the debaters on C-Span there are many millionaires who want their taxes raised. They evidently feel obligated to do something to help. One politician had a list of 200.

TSR said:
According to some of the debaters on C-Span there are many millionaires who want their taxes raised. They evidently feel obligated to do something to help. One politician had a list of 200.

A whole 200, wow. Sounds like a plan, look at all the new programs you can get with 200 new taxpayers money. WOW

Larrry said:
Bullhauler said:
I think we should start taxing loud-mouthed Canadiens that have a bloated opinion of themselves.

just like a lib, trying to find a way to steal someone elses money

I totally agree with you, Larry. We shouldn't raise taxes on anyone making over 250,000 per year.

We should instead continue to lay off government employees, stop our foreign wars, and give those making over 250,000 another tax break while reducing SS benefits and taxing those making under 250,000 more.

Tex

What about 150% of those that deal in bull humping, he has an extremely bloated opinion of himself
:D

Kinda like pi$$ ant opposed to bald eagle :wink: :wink: :wink:

Being in a very good mood today I am going to let Bull humper take another shot at me, His little pea shooter wouldn't hurt a fly anyway. :D :D :D

Tex said:
Larrry said:
Bullhauler said:
I think we should start taxing loud-mouthed Canadiens that have a bloated opinion of themselves.

I totally agree with you, Larry. We shouldn't raise taxes on anyone making over 250,000 per year.

We should instead continue to lay off government employees, stop our foreign wars, and give those making over 250,000 another tax break while reducing SS benefits and taxing those making under 250,000 more.

Tex

you totally missed it didn't you, or did you just want to miss it.

Tex said:
Larrry said:
Bullhauler said:

Tex

I can see it now, tex takes a trip and goes into the restaraunt. He doesn't have enough to buy but just a hamburger. So what does ole Tex do he orders himself steak and lobster and tells the waitress to put it on the rich guy sitting over by the doors bill. Yep that works then that waitress can keep her job especially after she makes the rich guy give her a tip also.
Ain't this liberalism fun.

Larrry said:
TSR said:

A whole 200, wow. Sounds like a plan, look at all the new programs you can get with 200 new taxpayers money. WOW

Actually there are now 201...Barracko said he didn't need all the tax breaks either.....but he took'em.

TexasBred said:
Larrry said:
TSR said:

Actually there are now 201...Barracko said he didn't need all the tax breaks either.....but he took'em.

You hit on something there. If they don't mind paying more, then nothing is stopping them. Donations would gladly be accepted

TSR said:

while I have heard some say they want more taxes.. but take the actions of Microsoft giant gates and his friend Buffet on the death tax as an example.. both advocate higher rates.. yet both have already made plans that excludes all their income and assets from ever being taxed.. by giving it to their foundations. (foundations chaired by their children who will get a check from the foundation until the pass themselves)..

in other words.. it won't effect them, so they are for increasing the rate..

Omigosh Steve we want to go back to the death tax???? Lets limit this to the income tax. Start another thread if you want to discuss the death tax as named by republicans, I will respond. :)

Steve said:
TSR said:

while I have heard some say they want more taxes.. but take the actions of Microsoft giant gates and his friend Buffet on the death tax as an example.. both advocate higher rates.. yet both have already made plans that excludes all their income and assets from ever being taxed.. by giving it to their foundations. (foundations chaired by their children who will get a check from the foundation until the pass themselves)..

Steve, you go tell the little old lady down the street or the next town over who lives off of her SS check because she worked for it that she doesn't need her check as much as you have a need to not tax those who can afford it.

How many of these politicians who want to slash right now allowed some farmers to get over 250K in govt. payments for their crops?

These things are now structural that have to be changed. We never should have had them when we were fighting two wars and leveraging the economy. It made for a false economy that we are now paying for. At least the little old lady down the street or the next town over is being threatened by it.

I would say there is a lot of government over spending. The right thing to do is to take it out of the budget competently instead of just putting it on the nation's credit card with China. We shouldn't have perennial budget deficits. It shows that our leaders like the credit card too much.

I don't think the rich should have so many loopholes either, and it is funny that some of the more wealthy men in the country are saying the same thing.

If you run up your credit card one day it will look overwhelming and just might be. Two wars on the nation's credit card along with tax breaks for the wealthiest? Prescription drug plan for the elderly and still tax breaks?

You have to be kidding me. It is all a recipe for a crash.

We have to stop these politicians who sell out to campaign donors.

Tex

Tex said:
Steve said:
TSR said:

How many of these politicians who want to slash right now allowed some farmers to get over 250K in govt. payments for their crops?

These things are now structural that have to be changed. We never should have had them when we were fighting two wars and leveraging the economy. It made for a false economy that we are now paying for. At least the little old lady down the street or the next town over is being threatened by it.

I would say there is a lot of government over spending. The right thing to do is to take it out of the budget competently instead of just putting it on the nation's credit card with China. We shouldn't have perennial budget deficits. It shows that our leaders like the credit card too much.

I like the idea of sitting up a bipartisan/nonpartisan commission like the base closing commission-- that delves into all government spending- looking for waste- and makes recommendations of programs to cut or totally eliminate-- and all the Congress can do is vote yea or nea on each recommendation with no amendments or changes allowed....

Larrry said:
TexasBred said:
Larrry said:

You hit on something there. If they don't mind paying more, then nothing is stopping them. Donations would gladly be accepted

Larry, this was just one legislator, I think there are 535 total. 535X200 =?? TBred glad to argue with you as you are an open-minded guy imo although we may disagree. :)

Oldtimer said:
Tex said:
Steve said:

I like the idea of sitting up a bipartisan/nonpartisan commission like the base closing commission-- that delves into all government spending- looking for waste- and makes recommendations of programs to cut or totally eliminate-- and all the Congress can do is vote yea or nea on each recommendation with no amendments or changes allowed....

OT, did you forget that a bipartisan commission just did that? obama ignored his "hand-picked" group.

Task Force Releases Deficit Recovery Plan

Nov 18, 2010

WASHINGTON—A bold plan that aims to reduce the federal deficit $7 trillion dollars by 2020 was released today by an influential group of former politicians, public policymakers, and thinkers.

Restoring America's Future, a plan focused on restoring the country's financial health, was released today by the Bipartisan Policy Center's Debt Reduction Task Force.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/46107/

The Bush tax cuts will expire at the end of 2012. That was the deal that was made. The revenue from those tax cuts coming to an end are already worked into the equation.

Did you want them raised again?

Bullhauler said:

How is providing information "having a bloated opinion of themselves"?

TSR said:

I'm sure now that Soros has "retired" from the Hedge fund management game, he'll donate some of his hard earned money.

After suggesting that regulations needed to be tightened/expanded, he is now saying he is getting out of the Hedge Funds, because of the regulations.

:lol: :lol:

hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:
Tex said:

OT, did you forget that a bipartisan commission just did that? obama ignored his "hand-picked" group.

Task Force Releases Deficit Recovery Plan

Nov 18, 2010

WASHINGTON—A bold plan that aims to reduce the federal deficit $7 trillion dollars by 2020 was released today by an influential group of former politicians, public policymakers, and thinkers.

Restoring America's Future, a plan focused on restoring the country's financial health, was released today by the Bipartisan Policy Center's Debt Reduction Task Force.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/46107/

The Bush tax cuts will expire at the end of 2012. That was the deal that was made. The revenue from those tax cuts coming to an end are already worked into the equation.

Did you want them raised again?

Bullhauler said:

How is providing information "having a bloated opinion of themselves"?

TSR said:

I'm sure now that Soros has "retired" from the Hedge fund management game, he'll donate some of his hard earned money.

After suggesting that regulations needed to be tightened/expanded, he is now saying he is getting out of the Hedge Funds, because of the regulations.

:lol: :lol:

Let him get his butt out, absence of courageous regulators is what caused a lot of our problems. Had they had any courage, Bush might have gone down in history as a pretty decent president.

Latest posts