• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

So what happened in SD on abortion vote?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the chief

Reaction score
Haven't heard anything so I am asking those of you in SD to tell us how your state voted.

Thanks,
chief

I heard on the news that 4 of the legislators who voted against it in the legislature, lost in this primary elction. So they evidentley weren't vorting as their constituents wanted.

Yes Jinglebob, Stan Adelstein is a big wheel in Rapid City. He is a pseudo Republican, who voted against the abortion law. He had a good Republican opponent, and she made the race all about his vote. She ended up beating him yesterday, which tickled the H#ll out of me.

I copied this from the Dakota War College blog. I certainly hope that the RINOs got the message the voters sent:

About last night. And what it really means to Republicans.

I had one GOP leader e-mail me the morning to comment:

There were nine GOP Senate primaries pitting moderates vs. conservatives. Moderates lost NINE. That's 0-9. Wow.
Yeah. It's pretty incredible. Last night was a sea change in the party.

As I read the coverage this morning before I think about hopping in the shower to head back to work from my 4 hour vacation, one theme keeps coming across. The media isn't getting it. The coverage of the South Dakota media on the election seems shallow, because all we're hearing is that the election was a referendum on HB 1215. "1215! It was a Republican endorsement of 1215" they're screaming.

Well, yes. And No. Was abortion one facet of the election? Yes. But a view to protect life has been part of the Republican mantra for years. But more so is less government, lower taxes, and a good education for our kids. Last night was about Republicans embracing being a Republican. The GOP faithful didn't want to hear about how Republicans should be more like Democrats.

They didn't want to hear about Mainstream Moderates trying to blend political parties akin to the metrosexual movement trying to blend stylishness with masculinity. Nope. In South Dakota the voters wanted old fashioned conservative grassroot leadership.

People want to go back to the basics for their leadership and government. They want them to protect their rights. They want them to protect their constitutional freedoms. They want smaller government and in turn, they want to keep more of what they earn.

In other words, they want to support Republicans, and the gauntlet has been thrown down for elected officials to act like Republicans.

That's the message the media should be reporting.

I would have to agree.

I got so incensed at our governor that I went and changed to Independent, so I couldn't vote in the primary.

Maybe if more of us did the same, then the politicions would have to woo us a little harder and we could find out how they really feel and how they would tend to vote.

I will dang sure be voting this fall.

Jinglebob said:
I would have to agree.

I got so incensed at our governor that I went and changed to Independent, so I couldn't vote in the primary.

Maybe if more of us did the same, then the politicions would have to woo us a little harder and we could find out how they really feel and how they would tend to vote.

I will dang sure be voting this fall.

Great! You're living proof that pollsters were right when they said they had to change the weighting of their polls because fewer people are identifying themselves as Republicans and more as Independents. I'm so glad you posted. :D

Latest posts