• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

So who is in charge?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Were you here on this board during and after Hurricane Katrina? You never heard such screaming on this baord about "personal responsibility" as those stranded people stood in front of the Convention Center in New Orleans, bodies floating in the water, babies crying for food and water. According to many people on this board, it was their own fault. Those sick, elderly, pregnant, etc., people should have got out of town. They didn't specify how, of course, but it was their own fault that Mike Brown didn't get to them for days. But when it comes to the FBI not getting a warrant to search a possible terrorist's laptop, or Carl Rove outing a covert CIA agent, or FEMA allowing no telling how many Americans die, they don't utter a peep about responsibility. Not a single person has been held accountable for the mistakes in Iraq. Rumsfeld who said he expected the war to last no more than a few weeks is still SecDefense. Michael Bolton was promoted to UN Ambassador; Paul Wolfowitz is heading the World Bank; Bush gave George Tenent the Presidential Medal of Freedom! The highest civilian award possible! Mike Brown, FEMA, was not fired. He stayed on the payroll for seveal weeks and retired. Tommy Franks followed up a great battle plan by taking his headquarters, including linguists and intelligence people, to Florida, leaving the Americans in Iraq short of both specialities. Rove still sets at Bush's right hand, even as Bush demands an investigation into the leak about his secret wiretapping and ignores his earlier promise to fire anyone in the White House involved in Valarie Plame's outing. In my opinion, Bush has gone past the point of being "bad" to the point of being dangerous.

But insulting people is the whole point of political discussion!

Happy new year to all, and don't take it personally!

Disagreeable said:
Were you here on this board during and after Hurricane Katrina? You never heard such screaming on this baord about "personal responsibility" as those stranded people stood in front of the Convention Center in New Orleans, bodies floating in the water, babies crying for food and water. According to many people on this board, it was their own fault. Those sick, elderly, pregnant, etc., people should have got out of town. They didn't specify how, of course, but it was their own fault that Mike Brown didn't get to them for days.

But when it comes to the FBI not getting a warrant to search a possible terrorist's laptop, or Carl Rove outing a covert CIA agent, or FEMA allowing no telling how many Americans die, they don't utter a peep about responsibility. Not a single person has been held accountable for the mistakes in Iraq. Rumsfeld who said he expected the war to last no more than a few weeks is still SecDefense. Michael Bolton was promoted to UN Ambassador; Paul Wolfowitz is heading the World Bank; Bush gave George Tenent the Presidential Medal of Freedom! The highest civilian award possible! Mike Brown, FEMA, was not fired. He stayed on the payroll for seveal weeks and retired. Tommy Franks followed up a great battle plan by taking his headquarters, including linguists and intelligence people, to Florida, leaving the Americans in Iraq short of both specialities. Rove still sets at Bush's right hand, even as Bush demands an investigation into the leak about his secret wiretapping and ignores his earlier promise to fire anyone in the White House involved in Valarie Plame's outing. In my opinion, Bush has gone past the point of being "bad" to the point of being dangerous.
Hundreds of school buses weren't utilized and ended up under water, and the mayor refused AmTrak's offer of free transportation out of there before the hurricane, and you twisted it around to make it all Bush's fault, Spinner.

And al-Qaeda plots have been foiled, more and more acknowledgement of real progress in Iraq is being reported, the economy keeps growing, something like 4 million jobs have been created in the US, and more people trust Repubs with the national security of the country than the Dems. Oh yeah, fewer blue dresses have been stained, and if OBL's head is offered up on a platter it won't be refused. :lol: Now, Dis ol' buddy, it's New Years Eve, simmer down, and have a few toddies. Life is good!

You have to remember that States rights come first. It was up to the Mayor and the Govoner to get the National Guard ready to act the next day. That was NOT done. The Feds can NOT come in UNTILL a state of emergency has been issued by the Govornor which was done 3 days later.
Living in a area that hurricanes come through ..yes we do get the remints and have been hit with a hurricane. It is personal responsbilty to get your self to a safe location. hmmmmm How about stop expecting the government to swoop in and proctet yourself from yourself.
Why could they not get out? Could it be that they expected to be taken care of? This goes back to a far greater tragady then a levey breaking.
When you have babies having babies having babies and living off the state.
What were we to do? Go in a remove the people? Hmmm tried that after the fact and that caused more outrage.

Not sure where you have your source,,but it struck me how dumb you really are.....or what a big lier you are..

I have always said that when "liberals" can not produce facts they resort to personal attacks. Hmmm I guess i was wrong.

My Response to the post was in response to a lie, should I have ignored Disageeables lie?

or her complete ignorance of the Army's training scedules?

there is a big differeance beteewn Facts as presented by the US Army and what she presented as facts......

Should I have ignored her lies?

No you should not ignore the lies but why resort to personal attacks?

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left."
Margaret Thatcher

Dis you still have yet to answer me....I asked if you were male or female? it seems alot are assuming you are female.

MsSage said:
You have to remember that States rights come first. It was up to the Mayor and the Govoner to get the National Guard ready to act the next day. That was NOT done. The Feds can NOT come in UNTILL a state of emergency has been issued by the Govornor which was done 3 days later.
Living in a area that hurricanes come through ..yes we do get the remints and have been hit with a hurricane. It is personal responsbilty to get your self to a safe location. hmmmmm How about stop expecting the government to swoop in and proctet yourself from yourself.
Why could they not get out? Could it be that they expected to be taken care of? This goes back to a far greater tragady then a levey breaking.
When you have babies having babies having babies and living off the state.
What were we to do? Go in a remove the people? Hmmm tried that after the fact and that caused more outrage.

How about you getting the basic facts right? My emphasis above. The governor issued the SOE in plenty of time; FEMA had supplies staged in the area, but they didn't get them into NO! But the TV crews were all over town. FEMA messed up; no one in FEMA was ever held accountable. Mike Brown now runs his own company helping people prepare for emergencies. What a joke! And Bush continues to put people in charge of important agencies based on their allegiance to him rather than their competence. And much of the LA Guard was in Iraq.

"Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco today issued Proclamation No. 48 KBB 2005, declaring a state of emergency for the state Louisiana as Hurricane Katrina poses an imminent threat, carrying severe storms, high winds, and torrential rain that may cause flooding and damage to private property and public facilities, and threaten the safety and security of the citizens of the state of Louisiana The state of emergency extends from Friday, August 26, 2005, through Sunday, September 25, 2005, unless terminated sooner."

http://www.yuricareport.com/Disaster/GovBlancoDeclaresEmergency.html

MsSage said:
Dis you still have yet to answer me....I asked if you were male or female? it seems alot are assuming you are female.
No assumption. It's female. :D

Latest posts