• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Soapweed and Justin???

Help Support Ranchers.net:

nmhighdesert

Reaction score
Whats the weather like up there today? I am coming thru on Saturday evening from the TX panhandle to Bismarck ND and was curious if I need the chains ????
Thanks in advance.

it is really nice here today. about 35 and sunny. the weekend weather looks pretty good. slight chances of snow sunday and monday for Rapid City & Bismarck, but i think you'll have smooth sailin'. with that said, i doubt you will need any chains, but it would hurt to have them along. :wink:

Here is our forecast for the next several days. Looks like you should have smooth sailing, nmhighdesert. Have a good trip.

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Lows around 12. West winds 10 to 15 mph.

Saturday
Mostly sunny. Highs around 50. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Saturday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows around 20. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Sunday
Partly sunny. Highs around 40. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Sunday Night
Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow showers. Lows in the lower 20s. North winds 10 to 20 mph.

Monday
Breezy. Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow showers. Highs in the mid 20s.

Monday Night
Breezy. Mostly cloudy until midnight then becoming partly cloudy. Lows around 13.

Tuesday
Sunny. Highs in the upper 20s.

Tuesday Night and Wednesday
Partly cloudy. Lows around 16. Highs in the upper 30s.

Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy until midnight then becoming mostly cloudy. Lows in the lower 20s.

Thursday and Thursday Night
Mostly cloudy. Highs around 40. Lows around 19.

Friday
Mostly cloudy. Highs in the lower 30s.

Heck, if I was worried about the weather through that country, I'd be hoping for an invite to a steak dinner, not a weather report. :lol: :lol:

When the "Hostile Native" is mad at me I usually just grab my bedroll and sleep in the tackroom. You must have put your woman on a "BIG MAD" if you're getting sent to Bismark, N.D. This time of year.

i'd get headed south. the "experts" now have us in a weather advisory from 8pm tonight thru 5pm Monday. 3-5 inches of snow with gusty winds. like i once heard, if you don't like the weather around here.....just wait 5 minutes. :wink:

I just heard we've got a 30% of snow until dark. After dark the temps will drop to a low of 12 degrees, winds will be strong and 70% chance of snow. Hated to hear that. We've been having nice warm chinooks blow through and the snow was melting quick. If you're gonna head south anytime soon, I agree with Justin, ya best get started.

thanks guys, Im all loaded and fueled, so I will be headed back south first thing in the morning. I hope I can beat some of it. Its been pretty gloomy all day and sure feels like one coming. My "hostile native" (thats a funny term that I wont use out loud) LOL, is in AZ with kids for the holidays.

nmhighdesert said:
thanks guys, Im all loaded and fueled, so I will be headed back south first thing in the morning. I hope I can beat some of it. Its been pretty gloomy all day and sure feels like one coming. My "hostile native" (thats a funny term that I wont use out loud) LOL, is in AZ with kids for the holidays.

My "hostile native" (thats a funny term that I wont use out loud)

What's that old saying about "Discretion is the better part of Valor" :D :D

I'll take ND 6 down to SD 63, 73 end up in Martin SD, then in Nebraska take 61 from Merriman all the way south to Goodland KS, then 27 on south to Elkhart, then 56 to Boise City then to Clayton NM, then from there I'll hit a billy goat trail to home.

just curious is all. I'm a little south and west of you, but with the expected weather coming I'd sure try to stay on the interstates as much as possible. I went right thru your neck of the woods awhile back. Took i-25 down to Raton and due to a wreck they had the hwy closed so I had to go south to the next exit that took me through Clayton. I was on my way over to NE Tx to see my mother. Man that was one long trip.

I just let the dogs out and the snow has started with a stout wind and the temp has dropped about 10 degrees in the last 20 minutes.

Justin said:
looks like you'll be heading right towards the heart of this system. good luck and be careful.

I just looked at a weather map, it looks like you'll be running through the leading edge of this snow until you get part way across Nebraska.

It's snowing and drifting here.

http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/national_forecast/natfcst.php

Cedarcreek said:
Justin said:
looks like you'll be heading right towards the heart of this system. good luck and be careful.

I just looked at a weather map, it looks like you'll be running through the leading edge of this snow until you get part way across Nebraska.

It's snowing and drifting here.

http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/national_forecast/natfcst.php

Yeah same here... Started about 2PM...My wife went to Billings this morning by way of the Flowing Wells road and Jordan and said the road was bare and dry-- but this evening the daughter came back that way from Big Timber- and said the road was kind of a witch-- especially after dark with the drifting snow and finger drifts across the road....

Temp is still 26.

Latest posts