• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Soapweed appears EVERYWHERE!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

mtn_90

Reaction score
Well, maybe not everywhere...but imagine my surprise when I got my Electric Cooperative Connection issue this month and guess who is gracing the cover???

Yes, Soapweed and Sunflower. The article is about the Youth Tour. Interesting read. Just a shock to get the mail and look at the cover and say "Hey, I recognize that guy and his daughter!!".

Welcome to the big time Soapweed and Sunflower!! (Maybe not so big, but it must mean you're getting famous :) ).

Same here, I never look at the magazine and I was sorting the mail and ready to dump it and there was this neat picture. That was the first time I ever opened that mag or even read an article but I had to see what was going on.

Same here. I got the magazine at the house in Spearfish last
week. I did a double take when I saw the cover.

Soapweed and Sunflower are both very photogentic people.

I read the article too. But I usually do look inside...for the
recipes, of course!!

In the mail yesterday was a letter from a lady in Fairfax, Minnesota who had seen the magazine. Her name is Delores, and here is a quotation from the letter:

"About 60 years ago I was a bridesmaid at your folks' wedding, and Ken and I visited you in Merriman when you were very young. We drove to Merriman again on their 25th wedding anniversary along with our five youngest kids--no seat belts required! We have seven children and eighteen grandchildren. Seeing your picture brought back memories of Elaine. We met while we were empolyed at Northwestern National Bank in downtown Minneapolis. Good memories. Thanks."

I remember both times these nice people visited us. The first time I was pretty young, but the second time there was an open house at the ranch for my parents' 25th wedding anniversary. Delores brought along the same dress that she wore for the wedding 25 years previous. Mom had her wedding dress packed in a cedar chest. Both ladies hadn't gained any pounds, and they were able to put on a style show wearing their dresses from the past.

Latest posts