• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Soapweed...the OT thread

Help Support Ranchers.net:

RobertMac

Reaction score
You mention malpractice lawsuits, which is a big problem, but it causes other cost increases. Every healthcare giver has to prepare a file on every patient as if they are a potential malpractice lawsuit. My wife spend 1/3 to 1/2 her time doing documentation(much of it after work)...that means 1/3 to 1/2 less patients she can see which effectively doubles the cost of health care.

Healthcare reform should start with tort reform, fraud elimination, and insurance company regulation.

Carry on! :wink:

You are exactly right.

Many doctors have left private practice because malpractice insurance costs too much. There's no profit in private practice. They have to work under the umbrella of a hospital.

We had tort reform in Texas. The amount that could be collected for malpractice is capped at $250000. When this was passed it was promised that health care cost would go down. Cost has not. Talk to an attorney. It is very hard to bring malpractice charges against a doctor. Also if the good doctors would report the bad ones then the bad ones would be gone. This is a case where another doctor will not report on the shortcomings of another doctor.

OMGAWD If my back didnt hurt so bad today I would fall outta my chair..............

I agree with hurleyjd :shock: :shock:

Its all the Drs in every state.
I know of a case in NC but none of the Drs after would ever report or testify even to SSI.
But how do you fix it? More laws wont do it.....capping malpractice WONT do it all your doing is hurting the public. You cant even say wait til it happens to them...they KNOW who NOT to go to.
Untill that changes we are the ones paying.

hurleyjd said:
We had tort reform in Texas. The amount that could be collected for malpractice is capped at $250000. When this was passed it was promised that health care cost would go down. Cost has not. Talk to an attorney. It is very hard to bring malpractice charges against a doctor. Also if the good doctors would report the bad ones then the bad ones would be gone. This is a case where another doctor will not report on the shortcomings of another doctor.

The problem with the $250,000.00 cap on medical malpractice is that it takes more than $250,000.00 to go through a court system against a doctor.

Do you think anyone is going to sue a doctor knowing he'll be at risk of losing a couple of hundred thousand dollars?

MsSage said:
OMGAWD If my back didnt hurt so bad today I would fall outta my chair..............

I know of a case in NC but none of the Drs after would ever report or testify even to SSI.
But how do you fix it? More laws wont do it.....capping malpractice WONT do it all your doing is hurting the public. You cant even say wait til it happens to them...they KNOW who NOT to go to.

Gee Sage- now you're sounding like a Dem...That was the argument used by the Dems and the attorneys in the Senate committee arguments .. :wink:

hurleyjd said:

The told us car insurance would go down when they passed the insurance liability law. It didn't. I've always had insurance. Before I could drive a car, Dad made me get insurance and I've always had it.

They told us car insurance would go down when they passed the seatbelt law. It didn't. I have paid 9 seat belt tickets since 1986.

Oldtimer said:
MsSage said:

Gee Sage- now you're sounding like a Dem...That was the argument used by the Dems and the attorneys in the Senate committee arguments .. :wink:

Clean your eye glasses OT. MsSage has some facts in her post so she cannot sound like a democrat.

backhoeboogie said:
hurleyjd said:

The told us car insurance would go down when they passed the insurance liability law. It didn't. I've always had insurance. Before I could drive a car, Dad made me get insurance and I've always had it.

They told us car insurance would go down when they passed the seatbelt law. It didn't. I have paid 9 seat belt tickets since 1986.

Government always promises things will go down but they never do! Just like them claiming Health care reform will help small businesses. You can count on the fact it won't Government rarely gets it right! They bait and switch on us, that is the way of the politician!

backhoeboogie said:
Oldtimer said:
MsSage said:

Clean your eye glasses OT. MsSage has some facts in her post so she cannot sound like a democrat.

But that is still the argument brought up in the committee hearings by many of the Dems and some of the Repubs in the lawyer lobbyiests pockets- you can't restrict the malpractice suits against the truly unqualified practioners/facilities that remove your left foot- when its your right foot that was injured.....
What is it worth to a person when a hospital/doctor screws up and you unecessarily lose both feet.... :???:

The reason we need a Major Health Reform law advising what is commonly practiced medical protocol- and a clear definition of when someone steps over the line...

Oldtimer said:
backhoeboogie said:
Oldtimer said:

But that is still the argument brought up in the committee hearings by many of the Dems and some of the Repubs in the lawyer lobbyiests pockets- you can't restrict the malpractice suits against the truly unqualified practioners/facilities that remove your left foot- when its your right foot that was injured.....
What is it worth to a person when a hospital/doctor screws up and you unecessarily lose both feet.... :???:

The reason we need a Major Health Reform law advising what is commonly practiced medical protocol- and a clear definition of when someone steps over the line...

How can you step over the line without any feet? :???: :roll: :?

Oldtimer said:
backhoeboogie said:
Oldtimer said:

I think we need some checks and balance system within the legal area also. Something where if you bring a frivolous lawsuit and lose then you have to pay. A person that lost both feet due to hospital mix up should get more than $250,000 but the person who sues over some frivolous reason should be forced to pay cost plus fine.

aplusmnt said:
Oldtimer said:
backhoeboogie said:

I think we need some checks and balance system within the legal area also. Something where if you bring a frivolous lawsuit and lose then you have to pay. A person that lost both feet due to hospital mix up should get more than $250,000 but the person who sues over some frivolous reason should be forced to pay cost plus fine.

Yep- we need a Comprehensive Health Care Reform bill that address's all this-- but you can't get it by just crawling in a hole and saying NO because you didn't bring the ball to the game..... :(

When the other team is going to make things worse and destroy the stadium, it's your obligation to say "NO".

Oldtimer said:
aplusmnt said:
Oldtimer said:

Yep- we need a Comprehensive Health Care Reform bill that address's all this-- but you can't get it by just crawling in a hole and saying NO because you didn't bring the ball to the game..... :(

You have to say NO when the other guy brings the wrong ball to the game! You can not have a football game if they bring a Baseball!

I will not say NO to a good plan, just like I did not say YES to everything Bush did. I will say NO or YES based on the plan offered not based on who brought the ball. Did it with Bush and I will do it with Obama! Can you say the same????

Soapweed said:
Oldtimer said:
backhoeboogie said:

That would be easy for oldtimer, he is so full of hot air he would just float over like a hot air balloon :D
EH?

hopalong said:
Soapweed said:
Oldtimer said:

That would be easy for oldtimer, he is so full of hot air he would just float over like a hot air balloon :D
EH?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts