• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sold calves today!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

tenbach79

Reaction score
Sold calves today and think we did pretty good. Big end of steers weighted in at 856 brought 1.60 and big end of heifers 775 1.53. Calves were weaned for 47 days, had some oat hay that we ground and feed with some rolled milo. Sure didn't think they looked that big in the pen, when the sale barn rep came out he thought they would be around 700. Missed a little on that!

If that was a Facebook post I would definitely like. A good Christmas present for sure.

Thanks everyone! I was plum pleased by it just wish I dad a 100 more at that price :D A friend of ours sold a little before that and had some heifers that where smoking good replacements weighted in at 707 brought 1.65. Out of 32 head that came into the ring the sold of 10 at a time all going for replacements. Should have bid myself, if mine would have sold before that I would have bid on them and took a few home with me.

That's great wish they were that price here the cattle prices in Alberta are much less good 500lb steers 1.67 and good heifers 500 @145 at the last sale I was at.

tamarack said:
That's great wish they were that price here the cattle prices in Alberta are much less good 500lb steers 1.67 and good heifers 500 @145 at the last sale I was at.

A Tale of Two Cities.

Latest posts