• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Some days are better than others....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

We had almost 2 inches this morning, along with some hail, on top of the over 7 inches we had previously. I've only seen water running as furiously as it was this morning a time or two. It is WET here, and humid as all get out. Hopefully this crap will cease PDQ and things will begin to get back to normal. Kansas doesn't want or need the water they are getting, the Wheatheads just want the money that is allegedly owed them. :mad:

Stay safe and dry, Stretch!

yes, send the money!

had a twister Thursday hit one mile from home. south of Courtland there were 17 pivots lost and 3 homes hit pretty hard. this morning we took another 2 inches of rain, totaling 6 1/2 for the past 10 days or so........
had some hail this morning too....baseball size!!!

two neighbors lost every window and the siding of thier homes and there is a strip of wheat that is finished!

ready for this crap to clear out!

Stretch, I am supposed to be in Fairbury Wed night for a meeting.... keep the crappy weather away, and smooth up those roads!

I was wondering about you guys last Thursday while I was at "work". The radios were blaring all night long with the spotters, Deppity's, etc. The lights at the power plant flickered twice, but that was it, but it did rain like Hell. Everything either went NW of us (Kearney) or SE of us (Jiggsy). Buffalo County will have a hard time replacing the Fairgrounds and Expo Center in a timely fashion, but they may have something by next year's Cattleman's Classic.

last I heard Harlan was 10 feet into the flood pool and releasing water. Lovewell is 3 feet in and releasing.... but we still have not been bumped up to a full seasons water allotment.......

someone told me Harlan hd a 30 foot emergency flood pool if needed.....
that is a BUNCH of water!

The word I got was Harlan was so full they HAD to release water, and the dam at Cambridge was in the same shape. Bostwick is begrudgingly letting the folks under the ditch have nine inches of water, I believe is what I heard, but your kinfolk would be in the know about that......

that is my mom's nephew...no relation to me! lol

pisses me off that the lakes are full and we still get a rationed amount. WE pay the taxes, WE should decide the alotment.

I hope everyone is getting enough rain. I am plenty sick of rain for now but I am sure about the 4th of July I will wish for a shot. Should've bought more cows the pasture is getting ahead of the few I have. Oh well at least if it turns dry later on maybe they can be coaxed in to eating the dry grass later... :roll: :wink:

Latest posts