• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Some pics and vids from here...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

RSL

Reaction score
Calves have been bale grazing this winter
1546131_10151917547454624_1299976553_n.jpg

In January I videoed the calves and circulated it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFXzqzX11w8
My lovely wife learned a new skill
1551738_10151949798054624_1056095587_n.jpg

My son learned the same on his 10th birthday
Be7-ylhCMAAfXgG.jpg

The yellow calf sled is actually full of rebar posts, a small sledge and a 6" pipe wrench. Once a week or so we roll a new wire out and give access to more bales.
We had a new gate sign delivered
Ben9I4DCIAAcZMS.jpg

Which relates to this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=uwaCrt_Z1eE
and sold our steers out of the yard based on the first video.
BfwAgnlCAAAD1e3.jpg

They went out today to the feedlot. All in all life is pretty good, but the ice makes things embarrassing as we had to bring calves in with our minitruck and shanksmare (on foot), since a horse can't stand up around here at the moment. We are watching and waiting on my new purebreds to start calving since February is a lot different than our usual May date.

PureCountry said:
I saw you post the truck pic on FB. They're headed to the Home of Natural Alberta Beef huh? :lol: :roll: :lol:
I will have no qualms about eating at A&W.
I am not sure if they will go there next year or not. We will see. I have some reservations. Our own meat deal is growing and I hope our approach is sustainable. If it grows enough, I could see us actually cutting down on cow numbers and increasing retail numbers.

I love the engine covers - - - I have used cardboard boxes for about 40 years. Sure helps keep the equipment running even if it does look a little redneck!

Be7-ylhCMAAfXgG.jpg

George said:
I love the engine covers - - - I have used cardboard boxes for about 40 years. Sure helps keep the equipment running even if it does look a little redneck!

Be7-ylhCMAAfXgG.jpg

Waddya mean "looks a little redneck"? The colors match!

I'd have to find empty Coke cartons to achieve the same coordination...

:wink:

Congrats on the award! Neat pictures! I'm jealous of the big tractor... :D . Neat video! I liked how you are even doing things for the ducks and stuff like that!

I fenced a pond and small area for wildlife. Mother nature sent 2 rivers otters to that pond and they seemed to have cleaned out all the fish... :D

R A said:
Congrats on the award! Neat pictures! I'm jealous of the big tractor... :D . Neat video! I liked how you are even doing things for the ducks and stuff like that!

I fenced a pond and small area for wildlife. Mother nature sent 2 rivers otters to that pond and they seemed to have cleaned out all the fish... :D
If you come up I'll let you drive on school days. Weekends is between you and Billy. :lol:

Soapweed said:
Nice pictures and videos, RSL. Congratulations on the Environmental and Stewardship Award. That is quite an honor.
Thanks for the kind words Soap.

Latest posts