• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Some pics

Help Support Ranchers.net:

gcreekrch

Reaction score
Surprise on July 20, this ewe had a lamb that froze in January. I guess this is a bonus.
P7200879.jpg

Sunset and thunderstorm on July 24.
P7260881.jpg

Cut two little fields and then opened up a 55 acre field yesterday, made 6 rounds and quit for the night. This was a piece that Debbie pulled rocks out of last fall.
P7300884.jpg

P7300886.jpg

11 AM start after chasing 23 Indian sh!tter$ out of the meadow. Someday I may teach him to close a gate behind himself. :roll:
P7300887.jpg

We don't have a lot of Reed's Canary grass but it has sure outdone itself this year.
P7310891.jpg

Wild hay in the center.
P7310892.jpg

Done at 7 this evening. Last year with the rocks I was 2 days cutting, sharpening and pulling wrenchs. It made a BIG difference.
P7310897.jpg

Second pass for the heifers in this pasture.
P7310898.jpg

Roadblock.
P7310901.jpg

R A

Reaction score
Thanks for posting these pics, gcreekrch! The views, hay, cattle, momma and baby sheep and everything look very nice!

I think it would be neat to have the know how to go out and shear your own sheep and make your own clothes out of it. I seen your wool pants in a calving post a few months ago. I love my wool coat. I come in sweating from doing chores in the dead of winter wearin' it. I imagine it might be quite the process to do it???

It might not ever get warm enough there to shear the sheep I guess. :wink: :D It looks like that ewe may of been somewhat rescently??? :D

gcreekrch

Reaction score
I can handle the shearing, you do the washing, carding, spinning and knitting or weaving. :D

Actually, I am faster at getting the hide off than I am at shearing. :lol:

R A

Reaction score
I'm game!!! :D

I'm going to add that to my bucket list. Someday I will be wearing something I made from wool I sheared from my own sheep. :D :D :D

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
Surprising how many folks run JD tractors with NH implements, thats some good lookin country for sure,..........................good luck

gcreekrch

Reaction score
HAY MAKER said:
Surprising how many folks run JD tractors with MH implements, thats some good lookin country for sure,..........................good luck

If JD ever figures out how to cut hay I may own one of their discbines. :wink:

gcreekrch

Reaction score
floyd said:
Anyone harvesting the dead trees?

Looks like alot of bug kill. Standing matchsticks.

A bunch of blocks were ribboned last year for harvest sometime in the next 5 years. We are 200 miles from the major mills and there is lots of wood closer. Transportation is expensive.

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
gcreekrch said:
HAY MAKER said:
Surprising how many folks run JD tractors with MH implements, thats some good lookin country for sure,..........................good luck

If JD ever figures out how to cut hay I may own one of their discbines. :wink:

I agree, NH hay tools are hard to beat and if JD would quit robbin me when I buy parts might think about a new JD.
good luck

3 M L & C

Reaction score
Thats no dought about jd parts. Around here everyone has mostly jd round balers. I'm looking to buy one used what brand should i go for. What problem areas does each brand have? I have only ran a round baler one time. I always have bought feed or hired it done and quality control dosn't seem like a priority with other people as much as with me.

gcreekrch

Reaction score
3 M L & C said:
Thats no dought about jd parts. Around here everyone has mostly jd round balers. I'm looking to buy one used what brand should i go for. What problem areas does each brand have? I have only ran a round baler one time. I always have bought feed or hired it done and quality control dosn't seem like a priority with other people as much as with me.

If you can find a JD 535 without too many bales through it, they are a good baler. The guys that have gone through all models say the 535 was the best.

I found one last fall that had been shedded for 10 years and had only seen 3000 bales. It is great to have twins now and I can use the old one for a spare.

Latest posts