• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Some pictures from the past

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cure

Reaction score
My wife took these pictures about 10 years ago and when we were scaning them into the computers I saw them and thought I would share them.
Desert14.jpg

From far to near my brother, my father, me, and a family friend
Desert20.jpg

We were trailing everything to a different permit
Desert9.jpg

I put this photo in to show you the lack to feed back then. This is the same permit that I posted pictures of early this spring
Desert11.jpg

This was a baby that could'nt make so he got put in the trailer for a ride
Desert02.jpg

The ponies at the holding corral

Looks like a banner year for feed on the desert if you was to ask me! :D This year would be a higher level of banner. Thanks for the pictures from back in the day.

You have had a vast improvement in grass Cure. Have you moved cattle more often, cut numbers or do you give the credit to Climate Change :roll: and more rain?

gcreekrch said:
You have had a vast improvement in grass Cure. Have you moved cattle more often, cut numbers or do you give the credit to Climate Change :roll: and more rain?
We have done a little of everything first we started by making the guy that shares the permit with us accountable for the numbers he turns out. Second we cut our numbers and started running the cows on hay fields next to our permit for a couple of months before we turn out. Third we started moving cows to new areas once a week and plus we now have a fence that divides the permit in half so we can now close gates and keep them out of different areas.

Years can come and go but the job stays the same in ranching. :wink: One day in the future china will invent a computer horse to ride. :wink:

Latest posts